more articles - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Scientist Department > Article Review and Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 12-17-2008, 03:46 PM
los705 los705 is offline
los705 should change his/her status!
Newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 58
Default more articles

when are we getting new articles?? just curious
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 12-17-2008, 05:03 PM
Venom's Avatar
Venom Venom is offline
Venom is training, researching, or talking on ABC
Vice President Abcbodybuilding.com
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: The Pain Zone
Posts: 19,500
Default

You mean in our online journal? Well we published a whole series on acute training variables if you have not read that.

But Jake and I plan on writing some good stuff up for you guys during the Christmas "break"

You also might want to start picking up ironman magazine. Jake and I write feature articles there monthly, now.

Anyway, do you have any requests?
__________________
Gabriel "Venom" Wilson, Ph.D. Nutritional Sciences
B.S. (Hons) & M.S. in Kinesiology, CSCS
Vice President, ABCbodybuilding
Co-Editor. of JHR

Venom@abcbodybuilding.com
Bible Studies
Click Here to Support the Future of Bodybuilding!


Matthew 7:20
And Jesus said unto them, Because of your unbelief: for verily I say unto you, If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 12-17-2008, 05:19 PM
klosey's Avatar
klosey klosey is offline
klosey should change his/her status!
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Eggborough UK
Posts: 8,097
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venom View Post
You mean in our online journal? Well we published a whole series on acute training variables if you have not read that.

But Jake and I plan on writing some good stuff up for you guys during the Christmas "break"

You also might want to start picking up ironman magazine. Jake and I write feature articles there monthly, now.

Anyway, do you have any requests?
only break i'll be having at xmas is my benchpress 1rep max
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 12-17-2008, 05:25 PM
Venom's Avatar
Venom Venom is offline
Venom is training, researching, or talking on ABC
Vice President Abcbodybuilding.com
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: The Pain Zone
Posts: 19,500
Default

hahaha! Amen, brother!
__________________
Gabriel "Venom" Wilson, Ph.D. Nutritional Sciences
B.S. (Hons) & M.S. in Kinesiology, CSCS
Vice President, ABCbodybuilding
Co-Editor. of JHR

Venom@abcbodybuilding.com
Bible Studies
Click Here to Support the Future of Bodybuilding!


Matthew 7:20
And Jesus said unto them, Because of your unbelief: for verily I say unto you, If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 12-17-2008, 11:13 PM
President Wilson's Avatar
President Wilson President Wilson is offline
President Wilson is hard at work
Administrator
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: California
Posts: 11,582
Default

The main issue I want to delve into is concurrent training. In other words what are the negative effects of doing cardio and weight training simotaneously and can they be countered. This is one of the biggest issues in our sport!!!! And thats what we tackle here! After that we should be publishing bi monthly I believe so six issues a year! Also Layne has a great article comming out next month as well!
__________________
Dr. Jacob Wilson, Ph.D, CSCS
President Abcbodybuilding.com
Professor of Exercise Science, University of Tampa Bay

About me --> http://www.abcbodybuilding.com/presidentprofile.html
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 12-19-2008, 01:49 AM
los705 los705 is offline
los705 should change his/her status!
Newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 58
Default

nice! I dont really have any request, i read anything you put out.I have read almost the entire site as i have known about it for a few years and when i saw it ,basically got redone i was very happy!

I would like maybe an article on the best way or a good routine to get lean,gain strenght and also keep the heart rate up, i train mma so that would be awsome to try and also a good read for info purposes.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 12-19-2008, 06:38 AM
President Wilson's Avatar
President Wilson President Wilson is offline
President Wilson is hard at work
Administrator
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: California
Posts: 11,582
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by los705 View Post
nice! I dont really have any request, i read anything you put out.I have read almost the entire site as i have known about it for a few years and when i saw it ,basically got redone i was very happy!

I would like maybe an article on the best way or a good routine to get lean,gain strenght and also keep the heart rate up, i train mma so that would be awsome to try and also a good read for info purposes.
Concurrent training then is definately up your alley because getting strong and lean and keeping the HR up is definately a good combo of strength and aerobic training
__________________
Dr. Jacob Wilson, Ph.D, CSCS
President Abcbodybuilding.com
Professor of Exercise Science, University of Tampa Bay

About me --> http://www.abcbodybuilding.com/presidentprofile.html
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 12-20-2008, 03:09 PM
los705 los705 is offline
los705 should change his/her status!
Newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 58
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by President Wilson View Post
Concurrent training then is definately up your alley because getting strong and lean and keeping the HR up is definately a good combo of strength and aerobic training
i can't wait!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 07:12 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.