10/12 deadlifts
10/13 chest
10/15 back/ traps
10/18 arms
10/19 shoulders
Old 11-08-2008, 08:59 PM
richnewton is tired.
Light-Heavyweight

Ugh! Its been awhile since I've done a legit post on here.

Here's what I've been up to:

10/20 back
10/21 deadlift
10/25 back
10/26 chest
10/27 arms
10/31 back
11/3 arms
11/5 chest arms

I'm starting a new routine today. Right now I'm at 255-260 lbs consistent. I've decided that I'm most comfortable at this weight and that going over 260 is simply not something I can maintain since I have to be on my feet at work and I just can't power down that many calories a day anymore. My goal now is to steadily decrease body fat while maintaining 255. I'm going to do this by starting to do a bit of cardio before and after each workout. I'm also changing how I train. I won't be maxing anymore for a long time and will work at about 50% 1RM. I'm going to have target number of reps with specific weights and try to increase the weight I can get without losing reps. My split will be 3 days - day 1 is my goal day where I focus on target areas I feel are lagging (upper chest, upper back and rear/medial delts, and abs). Day 2 is lower body. Day 3 is front delts, pecs, traps, arms, and middle back.

I'm going to start hitting this way harder and really pushing myself. I've always found my body to respond best to high volume / high frequency so I'm going to see how it works if I avoid hitting maxes and just focus on my rep scheme. I feel like it should work a LOT better than what I've been doing lately.

I've found my motivation slipping between work, grad school, having a girlfriend, etc. and I didn't have any clear goals the last 6 months except to maintain. I gave up on my quest to deadlift higher and higher when I nearly injured myself so I've been lacking direction in the gym and I've decided where I want to go now so we'll see how things go from here!