I can do all things through christ who STRENGTHENS me. - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Iron, Metal, & Steel!! > Online Training Journal

Notices

Old 11-01-2008, 05:09 PM
MorThanAConqeror should change his/her status!
Lightweight

Default I can do all things through christ who STRENGTHENS me.

In one more week football season will come to an end. I have a goal of gaining 35 pounds by the end of may. I realize this is a large task but I know I am capable. I hope to be kept accountable by everyone here and also to be critiqued as hard as possible on everything I am doing. My goals are to gain that weight while becomming more explosive off the line and faster overall. I am 5'10 165 right now. I will post nutrition and split as soon as I can get them right. Thank you for your input.
"No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us." Romans 8:37

"I believe in christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else." C.S. Lewis
"Never compare this Book with other books. This Book is from heaven. It does not contain the Word of God; it is the Word of God. It is supernatural in origin, eternal in duration and value, infinite in scope and Divine in authorship. Read it through! Pray it in! Write it down." Smith Wigglesworth
Old 11-02-2008, 07:27 PM
President Wilson is hard at work
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorThanAConqeror View Post
In one more week football season will come to an end. I have a goal of gaining 35 pounds by the end of may. I realize this is a large task but I know I am capable. I hope to be kept accountable by everyone here and also to be critiqued as hard as possible on everything I am doing. My goals are to gain that weight while becomming more explosive off the line and faster overall. I am 5'10 165 right now. I will post nutrition and split as soon as I can get them right. Thank you for your input.
Sounds like you mean business big guy!!!!!!

About me --> http://www.abcbodybuilding.com/presidentprofile.html
Old 11-19-2008, 03:35 AM
Lightweight

Haha, Yeah I like to set high standards for myself. And I had problems with one of the coaches so I kind of have a motivation to show him how good I can be. Just got off of being sick and lost even more weight. Still motivated to get back and getting the feeling of being back in the gym just lit a little fire. I will stop rambling, just had to get all that out.
I worked out light legs today and core, I was wondering if it would be a good Idea to soak in the ice bath after working out. If anyone could tell me that would be appreciated. Thanks
"No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us." Romans 8:37

"I believe in christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else." C.S. Lewis
"Never compare this Book with other books. This Book is from heaven. It does not contain the Word of God; it is the Word of God. It is supernatural in origin, eternal in duration and value, infinite in scope and Divine in authorship. Read it through! Pray it in! Write it down." Smith Wigglesworth
Old 11-19-2008, 02:06 PM
Chicken_Hawk is lurking

Not sure about the ice bath, sounds cold. Although I have read one strength coach who recommended talking a cool shower/ or walking outside to relax the CNS and begin recovery. I do it, but there is no way of telling how much it helps (it's easy and free so...)

Also, are you a lineman? Offensive or defensive? It would seem to me that on O the extra weight even with some fat would be helpful. On D though, I don't think I would want much extra blubber since moving the extra weight will potentially slow you down. I am not saying you need to be ripped, but there are some basic physics involved. JMO.

Best of luck,
Hawk
Old 11-19-2008, 09:46 PM
Lightweight

I am tightend and defensive end(small school) so I would be looking for more explosiveness but I want size as well because all the schools we play are monster black people

Old 11-20-2008, 08:36 PM
Jinxplayer is "Dips, the white, white meat"
Bantamweight

lol, good luck to you and your goals. I understand what it is to be the undersized team in the game, but we always took advantage of it with our speed and talent. The best advice i can give you is to do as many sprints as you can before now and when next season begins, and you will be even better than before. And you can even end your non-leg days with sprints and miami's!

Good luck
Old 11-20-2008, 10:56 PM
Chicken_Hawk is lurking

True story from a guy who played at a small high school for a little while. When, I was a sophomore we had a nose guard who was only 5'7 and 185, but he was also a top competitor in the 100 meter. What I am saying is he was lean, strong and fast, but outweighed by 40lbs minimum. Yet, he used what he had and would shoot gaps like no ones business. He was an incredible pass rusher and led the team in sacks...as a nose tackle!
Not, trying to pop a bubble or anything like that, just take how God made you and improve on that. However 35lbs of muscle would make you a deadly threat.

Good luck,
Hawk
Old 12-01-2008, 10:36 PM
Lightweight

Thanks guys, I really do appreciate the encouragement. Here is my diet and split and I will be working out tonight so I will post how that went later on.
Wake up:Orange juice,glutamine

breakfast:shake(oatmeal,bannana,penut butter,protein)3 whole eggs,3 egg whites,fish oil

in between class:almonds

break:casein shake

in between class: half power bar(carbs)

Lunch: chicken,rice,vegtables

in between class: half power bar

Preworkout:Creatine, Oatmeal

During workout: gatorade, glutamine

postworkout: whey,glutmamine,aminos, creatine

dinner:Red meat,Pasta,fiberous carb(asparagus)

Before bed:shake (Penut butter,cottage cheese),casein, fishoil, flaxseed

Sunday:Rest/school work

Monday:Legs(focus on strength)

Tuesday:Core workout

Wednesday:Rest/church

Thursday:Upperbody(focus explosion)

Friday:Legs/plyo/Core(focus on explosion)

Saturday:active recovery(jog,run)

Old 12-02-2008, 02:35 AM
Lightweight

First day back doing hardcore legs. Feels good to have trouble walking down my gyms stairs.

*all lifts 5x5 unless noted other wise

squats(95,135,155,185)
Dead lifts(135,185,205,225,205)
Glute Hamstring raises(10,25,30,35)
Hamstring curls-10 reps(90,100,110,110,120)
Leg extensions(70-each leg)(160 both) ten times each

I know not to hardcore but trying to get back into the feel of things.

Old 12-05-2008, 12:39 AM
Lightweight

Back in the gym today. First time using creatine and felt really good and smooth through every workout. I realize this may be the placebo affect but will know when i get all of my previous progress back and start going hardcore again. Anyways this is what my workout consisted of.

Chain Benchpress(4x5
one arm chest machine(5x8
decline dumbell(4x8
modified dips(5x8
bicep machine with band(4xfailure
cable row(3x8
cable chest(3x8
medicine ball throws(50-60