Weight Loss During Sleep - Page 2 - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Scientist Department > Article Review and Discussion

Notices

Old 10-18-2008, 01:42 PM
niggles is pumped!
Light-Heavyweight

can you look at it then, the heavier you are (bodybuilding wise - lean mass), the more you can potentially lose during sleep? the most ive lost is 3 kilos. first time it happened a while back i was frustrated as hell because i didnt know the proper reason. but yeh. its normal. nothing bad.

lol venom, so hardcore. wake up in the middle of the night just to eat. do you put an alarm on and everything?
Old 10-24-2008, 05:59 PM
Commander is enjoying bodybuilding
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by niggles View Post
can you look at it then, the heavier you are (bodybuilding wise - lean mass), the more you can potentially lose during sleep? the most ive lost is 3 kilos. first time it happened a while back i was frustrated as hell because i didnt know the proper reason. but yeh. its normal. nothing bad.

lol venom, so hardcore. wake up in the middle of the night just to eat. do you put an alarm on and everything?
I think you are right, the bigger you are the more you will likely lose, and also, the more carbs/water you take in during the day, it seems like the more you lose at night.

James 1:16-17 ESV
Do not be deceived, my beloved brothers. Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights
With God's help...Mens sana in corpore sano
Old 10-25-2008, 05:12 AM
niggles is pumped!
Light-Heavyweight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander View Post
I think you are right, the bigger you are the more you will likely lose, and also, the more carbs/water you take in during the day, it seems like the more you lose at night.
yeh, that probably comes back to the fact the bigger someone is, the more carbs/water they require.

unless your a long-long distance runner. can't imagine them losing any more weight -_-"
Old 10-25-2008, 07:48 AM
spider-man is BACK!!!!!!!! wait.... where'd i go?
Light-Heavyweight

I wake up half way through and slam a shake with skim milk, protein powder, flax oil or some pbutter, and like a half cup of oats if im training. I prefer to train after i wake up (i would say morning but since my job has be going to bed at 6a.m., i technically wake up in the afternoon) and this way im jumpin up and down with energy ready to rock and roll!!!

And i drink a water bottle when i do this too, so usually i imagine i actually gain a pound when i sleep, but i would have to measure myself before and after this is just a guess...