Champions are rarely chosen from the ranks of the unscarred - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Iron, Metal, & Steel!! > Online Training Journal

Notices

Old 09-28-2008, 12:05 AM
Growth In Motion is always ready
Heavyweight

Default Champions are rarely chosen from the ranks of the unscarred

And i am scarred

Yo. Heres the story. About 2 months ago, i got the superflu from my little sister. I was supersick for 6 weeks. In that time i lost muscle. I look skinny and weak, and if my scales are correct (i hope they're broken) i lost 4kg. Now i weigh 68, according to my scales. Ive lost virtually all my arm mass. I still have some decent bicep mass but ive lost my triceps. Funny thing is i havent lost my strength. Anyway, after 6 weeks i was getting better, and while never being over it, got sick again. Ive been sick for nearly a week. Im getting over it, and when i do, im gonna kick my a$$ to get this muscle back.

Im gonna do some Mentzer style HIT, for a few reasons. The first is i like this style of training. Second is due to not working out for 2 months long workouts will be flat and potentially a waste of time. Thirdly, its how i got my arms in the first place. Im looking forward to doin a nice cable curl pushdown superset to ignite my puny pathetic arms and stimulate some growth so they can get big again

Quote of the day:

Kites fly highest against the wind; not with it

I told that to someone at school not long ago, i was happy to do so

Laters people with arms
Old 09-28-2008, 03:53 AM
Link is eating his greens
Light-Heavyweight

Welcome back GIM, I havent seen you in awhile. I still have/sort of use your workout spread sheet :P

HIT Menzer style, I find very interesting, but make sure your going very close to your RM, as this is the one thing most people fail at doing when following this type of program. And because of this they need to remain short and infrequent.

But I will be following along as Ive read about Menzer but never have done it.
Old 10-01-2008, 12:17 AM
Heavyweight

Hey dude. Mentzer's HIT is great; it's scary how crazy you can get coming to the end of a set of one arm pushdowns. I love doing the unilateral exercises HIT style cuz you can put all your focus on destroying a muscle. Its also a great test of will power. Its very easy to give up 4 or 5 reps away from reaching that impossible rep. When you get that close and the pain is growing like crazy you reassess what you're doing, and the next 20 seconds determines how far you'll get.

Well yesterday i did some really light arm stuff just to get my body ready to get hit hard. Just some standing cable curls and standing cable pushdowns. I love these cuz i can squeeze all the weakness out of my triceps :P In a few days i can get into a decent workout. Im thinking bb shrugs, pullups, incline bench, then same arm stuff
Old 10-01-2008, 01:21 AM
Light-Heavyweight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Growth In Motion View Post
Hey dude. Mentzer's HIT is great; it's scary how crazy you can get coming to the end of a set of one arm pushdowns. I love doing the unilateral exercises HIT style cuz you can put all your focus on destroying a muscle. Its also a great test of will power. Its very easy to give up 4 or 5 reps away from reaching that impossible rep. When you get that close and the pain is growing like crazy you reassess what you're doing, and the next 20 seconds determines how far you'll get.

Well yesterday i did some really light arm stuff just to get my body ready to get hit hard. Just some standing cable curls and standing cable pushdowns. I love these cuz i can squeeze all the weakness out of my triceps :P In a few days i can get into a decent workout. Im thinking bb shrugs, pullups, incline bench, then same arm stuff
Those are not what your doing for Mentzers is it? Or is that just some random things your doing to get yourself ready?
Old 10-01-2008, 01:54 PM
Heavyweight

Just getting my arms ready. Im thinking some bb curls for biceps and decline close grip bench/dips for tris
Old 10-01-2008, 02:56 PM
klosey is 51 visitors online right now ! Let's get that number higher!!
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Growth In Motion View Post
Just getting my arms ready. Im thinking some bb curls for biceps and decline close grip bench/dips for tris
come back strong bro
Old 10-01-2008, 06:11 PM
Light-Heavyweight

Quote:
Originally Posted by klosey View Post
come back strong bro
Exactly Im pumped to see this journal :P
Old 10-07-2008, 04:48 AM
Heavyweight

Tomorrow i plan on kicking my a$$ with my first session. Im thinking i should start with my back session. I'll do mainly back, and some other tricep/pressing stuff. Cant wait
Old 10-08-2008, 09:52 AM
Heavyweight

Did my first session today. I must say ive lost a bit of strength/anaerobic power. I did some pullups, pulldowns, venom rows, narrow grip overhead presses, and pushdowns. I did low to medium weights and sucked with reps, but first session its ok. I feel like im gona wake up tomorrow twice as strong as i did today, so next session i'll be nice and strong.

Quote of the day:

Character is manifested in the big moments, but made in the small ones

True in so many aspects of life
Old 10-11-2008, 10:49 PM
Heavyweight

Kick a$$ workout yesterday. I did chest, delts, and bicep stuff. Incline bench, dips (greatest exercise ever), laterals and overhead laterals, cable hammer curls, concentration curls. My biceps are gonna get some growth from the intensity i gave yesterday, and the dips were nothing short of awesome. These are definitely a staple in any routine