LocalRedHeads journal - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Iron, Metal, & Steel!! > Online Training Journal

Notices

Old 07-08-2008, 05:15 PM
LocalRedHead is STILL dealing with a shoulder injury.
Rookie

Default LocalRedHeads journal

Hello and thanks for stopping by.

I thought I would start a journal here to help me straighten out all of my thoughts and sort out all the different variables that my training consists of.

GOAL:
First and foremost my goal is not strength but to get shredded. I participate in a lot of sports where increased mass is not to my advantage!! However, I want to look like a specimen amongst men. I know you know what I mean. I want perfection.

Thats my goal. The rest is to follow.
Old 07-08-2008, 05:32 PM
Rookie

Default Re: LocalRedHeads journal - week 9 of the 13 week plan (Tues)

Today is Tuesday July 8th, and I am on week 9 of the 13 week hardcore fat burner workout.

I feel that since I am starting my journal late into my program, that I should preface somethings to bring everyone up to date (as if anyone is reading!).

I've been on a journey with my diet and my supplements. Currently, I loosely follow the guidelines laid out by the 13 week diet that is on this site. This is because sometimes I simply have to "make do". In my opinion I'm doing a very good job of at least getting close to the intended dietary guidelines of the 13 week diet.

In general here is my diet for today (and most days are similar)

Meal 1: 1/2 cup of oatmeal, 2 egg's and 2 pieces of toast. I also consumed 1 protein shake of Soy protein isolate. This was roughly 450 cals.

Meal 2: Red beans, frozen vegetables mix, rice, lean steak.

** I consume another soy protein shake about 45 minutes before I work out. This is 150 cals. **

Meal 3: PWO shake and some carbs. My PWO shake is GNC's pro performance Wheybolic Extreme. 360 calories (not including the source of carbs)

Meal 4: Red beans, frozen vegetables mix, rice, lean steak.

Meal 5: Red beans, frozen vegetables mix, rice, lean steak.

Meal 6: Soy protein shake with fat free milk before bed.

I don't know the exact caloric count of meals 2, 4, and 5 but I assure you they are very healthy and right sized portions.

Typically most days are like this. But I fear it will suck to be brutally honest on this board, but I'm here to put myself outside of my comfort zone so lets shine a spotlight on my fat. If you see deficiencies in my diet please call me out! Remember my goal is to become shredded but I also want to maintain muscle mass.

I'll post my work out afterwards (haven't done it yet)
Old 07-08-2008, 05:39 PM
Rookie

I weighed 232 pounds a year ago. I dropped down to 165 (because I was poor and couldn't eat. I survived off pb and J for 3 months) and I used the opportunity to bounce back and get my nutrition right before allowing myself to gain the weight back.

I started going to the gym consistently and maintained my weight, then I found this site and decided to truly make something of myself.

Where I'm at now:

Height: 6' 0"
Weight: 180

Old 07-08-2008, 05:48 PM
Venom is training, researching, or talking on ABC
Vice President Abcbodybuilding.com

Glad you started a journal here. Look forward to seeing some progress!
Co-Editor. of JHR

Venom@abcbodybuilding.com
Bible Studies
Click Here to Support the Future of Bodybuilding!

Matthew 7:20
And Jesus said unto them, Because of your unbelief: for verily I say unto you, If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you.
Old 07-08-2008, 05:50 PM
Rookie

Default Re: LocalRedHeads journal - Plan for continuation

At the end of the 13 week program I plan to maintain the diet while doing a week of detraining/core excercises. I will replace most routines that I can with a stability ball and rubberbands.

After said week I will start on the 12 week plan as outlined on this site. I found this plan more optimal for a cutting regimen because it has more focus on cardio - which is not something I am focused on with the 13 week workout plan.

My goal for the 12 week plan is to use it as a basis of my cutting routine. Any thoughts on this? Am I completely naive?
Old 07-08-2008, 09:22 PM
Rookie

Default Re: LocalRedHeads journal - week 9 - Tues

So today was my Chest, shoulder, back and traps.

Unfortunately I ran out of time (had to go back to work) and I was only able to get my chest and back work outs in. This happens to me on most weeks and I usually compensate by doing shoulders and traps on my day off.

Chest:
Decline bench press:
145 for 12,
145 for 10,
135 for 8 and I held the last rep for 20 seconds.
I reached failure on the last set.

*Each set Supersetted with*

Medium grip pull downs:
135 for 12,
135 for 10,
110 for 12 and I held the last rep for 30 seconds. I did not reach failure but I could barely maintain proper form towards the end.

Incline Bench press:
115 for 12,
115 for 10,
115 for 12,

*Superset with*

Close grip pull downs:
110 for 12
110 for 10
110 for 12

Flat Bench:
*all together I did roughly 30 reps at around 100 pounds in the 12, 10, 12 format. My left shoulder was hurting very badly and I was afraid of injury so I stopped. This sucks.*

Bent over Rows (with reverse grips):
15, 12, 15 of 45 pounds. I concentrated on form and paused for a full second and squeezed as hard as possible. It was easy to lift but as stated before with the flat bench, my shoulder was killing me and I really backed off on the amount of weight afterwards.

My shoulder injuries are really starting to hold me back, often limiting the amount of weight I can push. I have to take it easy as I do have a pending surgery towards the end of summer.
Old 07-17-2008, 06:37 PM
Rookie

Default Re: LocalRedHeads journal - week 10- Thurs

So yet again this week I started out taking Monday off.

On Saturday I did my chest workouts, set 1 - per the 13 week workout. I then did a 30 minute cardio session on Sunday and took Monday off.

Tuesday I did Bi-ceps/Tri-ceps per the 13 week workout. I really upped the intensity here and tore my muscles down, yet I felt NO soreness. At all. I've platued. It's thursday 2 days later and my biceps show no visible peak. I did 3 sets of HIIT after my workout.

Wednesday I did cardio and Abs. My cardio session was 3 Sets of HIIT. The intense interval was 10 MPH, 10.5 MPH and I finished with a minute sprint at 11 MPH.

Today I weighed 177 with no real changes in physique or fat loss since last week.

My results are slowing down drastically at this point but I have to go out of town on business for a week and I think that will be the perfect way to taper. I'll take my workout bands and BOSU ball to the hotel with me and do some de-training workouts for a week and when I come back my last 3 weeks should be nothing but hard core gains. I hope.

Today I will be doing legs followed by 15 minutes of sauna RnR.

Old 07-20-2008, 07:21 PM
Rookie

Default Re: LocalRedHeads journal - week 11 - Chicago

Ok so It's sunday and I'm heading into week 11. Unfortunately I have to go to chicago for an entire 7 days for work. This will be tough because I will have limited resources to work out.

So what am I to do? I'm going to use my workout bands and perform more maintenance, low intensity/high volume workouts. I will then concentrate on cardio and abs. Since I have limited resources I'm going to take this chance to throw a curve ball at my routine and I should see tremendous shock when I return for week 12 and 13 !!! I really plan on finishing strong.

I'm going to be eating on the company credit card - so I'll be sure to get enough protein and thats always a struggle for me.

Alrighty thanks for listening. I got a day at the beach coming up in 2 weeks so I I could probably benefit from a week of cardio/abs anyways [img]/forum/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

-Levi