Arthur Saxon Inspired Training - Page 18 - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Iron, Metal, & Steel!! > Online Training Journal

Notices

Old 12-12-2007, 04:05 AM
Vamoose should change his/her status!
Middleweight

Default Re: Something To Consider

Hope you stay healthy, and I look forward to potentially competing against you. Its hard to believe that it has been 5 years since my last athletic competition.
"Do not make the mistake of limiting your practices to any one set of lifts...Practice everything...single and double-handed lifts, snatching and swinging, jerking and pressing, lying down with weights, supporting weights, lifting weights while laid on the back, ring weights, human weights, and, if possible, double-handed lifts to the knee, and harness lifts, also holding the bell aloft and bringing a weight after with the disengaged hand." ~ Arthur Saxon
Old 12-12-2007, 04:09 AM
Boka should change his/her status!
Heavyweight

Default Re: Something To Consider

[ QUOTE ]
Hope you stay healthy, and I look forward to potentially competing against you. Its hard to believe that it has been 5 years since my last athletic competition.

[/ QUOTE ]

I hope so too, now it's time to improve those pull-ups. [img]/forum/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

See I've just gotten back int the competitive swing of things, I am loving it. So if we're both healthy and strong we'll see who's better! [img]/forum/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Certified Personal Trainer
Certified Kettlebell Instructor
Level 1 Crossfit Instructor
Old 12-12-2007, 01:48 PM
Middleweight

Default No Entry Fee

Got an email back from the guy who's running the TSC in Minnesota. No entry fee. I'm definitely going to do this now. Have some friends in the Minneapolis area I'd like to see as well.
"Do not make the mistake of limiting your practices to any one set of lifts...Practice everything...single and double-handed lifts, snatching and swinging, jerking and pressing, lying down with weights, supporting weights, lifting weights while laid on the back, ring weights, human weights, and, if possible, double-handed lifts to the knee, and harness lifts, also holding the bell aloft and bringing a weight after with the disengaged hand." ~ Arthur Saxon
Old 12-13-2007, 01:26 AM
Middleweight

Default W -- December 12th

Yoga got cancelled tonight so I figured I would do some things while I was there

Random workout highlights

5 ****ty pull-ups
195x5 close grip bench
Weak (!@#$%^&*) hammer curls
Solid cable tricep extensions
****ty ab set because my right hip was popping.

Got to see the beginner's side of things today. Wandering around a crowded, chrome plated weight room with no clue what you are doing does not lead to productive training.
Old 12-14-2007, 09:34 PM
Middleweight

Default F -- December 14th

Today's highlights

Difficult 95 one arm barbell snatches
Difficult 385 deadlift (was trying out new double overhand hook grip though)
Better ab work today
Old 12-17-2007, 11:41 PM
Middleweight

Default M -- December 17th

Today's highlights

Was able to touch my chest to the bar on the first of 6 pull-ups.
6 or 7 sets of KB presses (5 reps) superset with pull-downs (6-8 reps)
RDL: 225x10
Close grip bench press: 185 by 7 or 8 in a highly fatigued state
Old 12-18-2007, 02:40 PM
Heavyweight

Default Re: M -- December 17th

[ QUOTE ]
Today's highlights

Was able to touch my chest to the bar on the first of 6 pull-ups.
6 or 7 sets of KB presses (5 reps) superset with pull-downs (6-8 reps)
RDL: 225x10
Close grip bench press: 185 by 7 or 8 in a highly fatigued state

[/ QUOTE ]

alrite I see the pull-ups are getting a little better. [img]/forum/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Old 12-18-2007, 07:19 PM
Middleweight

When you start from the bottom there's nowhere to go but up. Getting the chest to touch the bar is tough.
Old 12-23-2007, 07:20 PM
Heavyweight

[ QUOTE ]
When you start from the bottom there's nowhere to go but up. Getting the chest to touch the bar is tough.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree 100%, full pull ups are hard.

Old 12-31-2007, 08:29 PM
Middleweight

Default M -- December 31st

Did a low volume kettlebell circuit today. Going to do some higher volume presses and snatches on Wednesday in preparation for the first week of TSC training.

Also have started my diet. Will try to lose 5-10 pounds to make pull-ups easier for the competition.

In the next couple of days will try some pre-breakfast cardio via cross country skiing at the park a couple of blocks away. Hopefully the trails are ski-able.