Cross Training - The Spirit, The Body, The Mind - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Iron, Metal, & Steel!! > Online Training Journal

Notices

Old 11-07-2007, 11:08 PM
JRB is BRUTAL!!!
Rookie

Default Cross Training - The Spirit, The Body, The Mind

While important to build our bodies, it is essential to build the trinity of our person...the spirit, the body, and the mind. Above all we must feed our spirit, but all the elements work together on a exponential factor to promote growth. Complete emphasis on the spirit and none on the other elements, can actually hurt the growth of our spiritual walk. The same goes to the others, but striking at an even more severe degree.

I tried this journal once, and failed at it. I tried to keep it on a daily basis, which is almost impossible. I will post when the posts are ready, I'm not going to "rush" workouts, bible studies, or general studies. Time with God takes priority if I am in a time crunch.

My bible studies are mainly topical, because that works best for me. I read through a passage, pick out what speaks to me, then jump all over the bible to expand on that idea. My workouts are high intensity involving randomness...and a whole lot of failure. My general studies won't be posted until I am satisfied that I understand.

I'm no expert, so I am sure I will have many mistakes. I am just an average dude with a passion to grow.
Old 11-07-2007, 11:14 PM
JRB is BRUTAL!!!
Rookie

Default Re: Cross Training - The Spirit, The Body, The Mind

Suffering (Philippians 1:29-30)

In Philippians 1:29-30 Paul states, <font color="green">“For it has been granted to you on behalf of Christ not only to believe on him, but also to suffer for him, since you are going through the same struggle you saw I had, and now hear that I still have.”</font>

But why does he make us suffer?

<font color="green">"This is what the LORD says: " 'Your wound is incurable, your injury beyond healing. There is no one to plead your cause, no remedy for your sore, no healing for you. All your allies have forgotten you; they care nothing for you. I have struck you as an enemy would and punished you as would the cruel, because your guilt is so great and your sins so many. Why do you cry out over your wound, your pain that has no cure? Because of your great guilt and many sins I have done these things to you.” - Jeremiah 30:12-15

“Yet man is born to trouble as surely as sparks fly upward.” - Job 5:7</font>

Ok, so why does God help us along?

<font color="green">The Parable of the Lost Sheep
"See that you do not look down on one of these little ones. For I tell you that their angels in heaven always see the face of my Father in heaven. "What do you think? If a man owns a hundred sheep, and one of them wanders away, will he not leave the ninety-nine on the hills and go to look for the one that wandered off? And if he finds it, I tell you the truth, he is happier about that one sheep than about the ninety-nine that did not wander off. In the same way your Father in heaven is not willing that any of these little ones should be lost.” - Matthew 18:10-14</font>

The punishment for our sin is ultimately death. Through God's grace our punishments are much less severe. The parable of the lost sheep is an excellent example of God's love.

Why can followers ,very close to God, be punished more severely?

<font color="green">"Does Job fear God for nothing?" Satan replied. "Have you not put a hedge around him and his household and everything he has? You have blessed the work of his hands, so that his flocks and herds are spread throughout the land. But stretch out your hand and strike everything he has, and he will surely curse you to your face." The LORD said to Satan, "Very well, then, everything he has is in your hands, but on the man himself do not lay a finger." Then Satan went out from the presence of the LORD.” - Job 1:9-12

“These have come so that your faith—of greater worth than gold, which perishes even though refined by fire—may be proved genuine and may result in praise, glory and honor when Jesus Christ is revealed.” - 1 Peter 1:7</font>

When close to God, the main source of suffering comes from testing. This suffering is can be worse than the punishments that we actually receive for our sins in life. God wants to push us to the breaking point to see just how far we can go for him. God also wants to test us, so that we can realize our faults and weaknesses. First you have to fall before you can grow.
Old 11-10-2007, 01:05 AM
JRB is BRUTAL!!!
Rookie

Default Re: Cross Training - The Spirit, The Body, The Mind

Imitating Christ's Humility (Philippians 2: 6-11)

<font color="green">"Who, being in very nature God, did not consider equality with God something to be grasped, but made himself nothing, taking the very nature of a servant, being made in human likeness. And being found in appearance as a man, he humbled himself and became obedient to death even death on a cross! Therefore God exalted him to the highest place and gave him the name that is above every name, that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth, and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father." - Philippians 2:6-11</font>

Striving to be like Chist...If we want to become closer to God, we need to be humble. Like Christ, we need to take the nature of a servant. We need to keep ourselves low, always working to improve.

<font color="green">"Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit, but in humility consider others better than yourselves." - Philippians 2:3

"He who trusts in himself is a fool, but he who walks in wisdom is kept safe." - Proverbs 28:26

"He guides the humble in what is right and teaches them his way." -Psalm 25:9

David
"I have strayed like a lost sheep. Seek your servant, for I have not forgotten your commands." - Psalm 119:176</font>

A huge element of our walk with Christ. The absence of humility damages our walks severly. The idea of thinking we are good enough to determine when and how much to give God is scary...defying our master's will so to speak. We should always be striving to bring the most to the table.

God doesn't just want us to serve him, but for us to WANT to serve him.

<font color="green">"Those who have served well gain an excellent standing and great assurance in their faith in Christ Jesus." - 1 Timothy 3:13

"Now that I, your Lord and Teacher, have washed your feet, you also should wash one another's feet. I have set you an example that you should do as I have done for you. I tell you the truth, no servant is greater than his master, nor is a messenger greater than the one who sent him." - John 13:14-16</font>

The strands of humility and servitude are woven tightly together. When we make ourselves humble before God we often take the role of being God's servant. Rightful so, as God is our master and we are his sheep.