My training log - Page 6 - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Iron, Metal, & Steel!! > Online Training Journal

Notices

Old 06-26-2007, 01:35 AM
Hombre Nuevo should change his/her status!
Rookie

Default Re: Back on the road

Just general WO, basic movements (ahhh, I missed those squats so much!). I feel good.
Old 06-28-2007, 12:36 PM
tbone02 should change his/her status!

Default Since you\'re getting started again after a long layoff

you may want to consider a novice program like Rippetoe, which is detailed in his book Starting Strength.

I just started it this week and I feel like I've been missing it for years of inefficient weightlifting.

You can read an informative faq about the routine here:
http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=998224

Good luck! It looks like you were making some pretty good weight gains earlier in the year.

Long-term goal: Weight 225lb with 14%BF. (195lb with 17.9%BF 6/25/07)
Old 06-29-2007, 02:38 AM
Rookie

Default Re: Since you\'re getting started again after a long layoff

Thx, tbone. I gave it a look, but I think is too HIT for me, I like the basics, but I would get bored quite easily with only 3 exercises per workout. I like to have 5-7 different exercises per workout. It gave me good results last year and earlier this year.
Old 06-29-2007, 02:44 AM
Rookie

Today I had the second WO of my comeback. I went a lil harder than three days ago, I hope I will no regret it in two days. I already started getting some pounds back. I was 136 on Monday, and I'm 139 right now.
Old 10-27-2007, 10:09 PM
Rookie

A while without posting... or working out. At first I thought about starting a new journal, but then I decided that by keeping posting on this one will make comparissons easier. Besides, the first line of the first entry here says "the first day of the rest of my life", and I really think that I am building on top of what I did since one year ago, when I started this journal.

I started to exercise again on monday, just by doing some pushups, and by using the stairs instead of the elevator (10th floor). That might not sound much really, but it was a lot if compared with my last couple of months. On Wednesday I went back to the gym and did some light basic moves (deadlifts, leg extensions, shoulder presses, lateral rises, abs, spinals). Not a very balanced selection, I know, but I knew I was getting newbie cramps, so I decide to have those in only half of my body at any moment. I will train chest and arms today Saturday(although I should say I still have some serious cramps). Next week I will start with the same routine I posted above (feb. 26th).

As today, I'm on 134lbs, that is 12 less than on March 6th. As always, I'll go for a clean bulk. I'm wondering how long will it take me to get back to 146lbs. My short term goal is to be at least 143lbs by the end of this year, and I know I'll do it as long as I keep working out and eating well. My long term goal,by the way, is to be 165lbs and have a six-pack at least slightly visible (actually, I'm mostly interested in my lower internal obliques showing on their way to the groin). I will focus in adding flesh to my shoulders (traps and delts) and legs.
Old 11-01-2007, 04:04 PM
Rookie

After more than a week with light weights, yesterday I started to get serious with my routine, and tried to get the closest possible to failure in every set. I still needed to figure out how much weight I can handle on each exercise, so I still didn’t go to failure in several sets. I know the first couple of weeks I will see a lot of improvement in the weights I lift. I expect to get back quite fast to the (modest) weights I was using by the beginning of this year. So here’s what I did yesterday.

Squats- 80×10, 85×8
Deadlifts 85×10, 95×10
Legs curl 70×10-8
Pullups -61×11-8-6
Row Machine 55×10-10 (They took out the T-bar on my gym!!!!)
Front barbell shrugs 75×12
Standing Barbell curl 25×10-8-8

The scale looks good. On Monday (official weight-in day) I was136 pounds.
Old 11-03-2007, 01:49 PM
Rookie

I just don't get it. I started at 61 kg two weeks ago. Then I was 62 kg last monday, and 63 by wednesday. I was eating and resting well... but on friday night I was back in 61 (and I made the mistake of weighting in today morning: 60!!!!). The only certain thing is i'll keep working out until I get where I want to be.