High-protein weight loss diets and purported adverse effects: Where is the evidence? - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Scientist Department > Article Review and Discussion

Notices

Old 07-12-2007, 03:06 AM
Venom is training, researching, or talking on ABC
Vice President Abcbodybuilding.com

Default High-protein weight loss diets and purported adverse effects: Where is the evidence?

Good short article here by Manninen, http://www.sportsnutritionsociety.or...45-51-2004.pdf

Not to fond of the millions of years in the intro, but the rest is pretty darn accurate!

Couple years back, but many may have not read it.

There are numerous other ones like this. Not only has protein been shown to be safe, but there are countless health benefits. Not only that, but it clearly is the key macronutrient for growth and optimal body composition (both for lower fat mass and greater lean body mass).
Co-Editor. of JHR

Venom@abcbodybuilding.com
Bible Studies
Click Here to Support the Future of Bodybuilding!

Matthew 7:20
And Jesus said unto them, Because of your unbelief: for verily I say unto you, If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you.
Old 07-12-2007, 04:01 AM
CantGiveUp should change his/her status!

Default Re: High-protein weight loss diets and purported adverse effects: Where is the evidence?

Interesting article... it seemed like an infomercial though lol.

In any case, I hope what it stated about the negative affects of high protein diets was true: no negative affects.
Old 07-12-2007, 04:04 AM
Venom is training, researching, or talking on ABC
Vice President Abcbodybuilding.com

Default Re: High-protein weight loss diets and purported adverse effects: Where is the evidence?

I agree. It was a bit emotional, and more suited for a magazine type article. But nonetheless, the info was accurate.

Keep in mind, most studies are done with no more than 3 g per kg of body weight of protein. Or about 1.5 gram per pound. So people that are consuming 400 or 500 grams of protein...I could not really comment on. There is no research in which people consume that much protein. But really, I think consuming that much protein is a waste anyway.
Co-Editor. of JHR

Venom@abcbodybuilding.com
Bible Studies
Click Here to Support the Future of Bodybuilding!

Matthew 7:20
And Jesus said unto them, Because of your unbelief: for verily I say unto you, If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you.