Gym Social Norms - Page 8 - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Scientist Department > HYPERplasia Research

Notices

Old 04-18-2007, 09:14 PM
ehlpitel should change his/her status!
Rookie

Default Re: Gym Social Norms

lol, I was at my buddy's gym the other day and there some was random middle aged lady there with her husband.

She proceeds to complain about the gym, saying how the DBs aren't calibrated...

lol
Old 04-19-2007, 04:35 AM
Dzoni should change his/her status!
Heavyweight

Bicep curls in squat racks. When there is about 3-4 bicep curling racks, preacher curl racks, machines and cables. Why do it in a squat rack/s when you know guys are waiting to squat (we got 3 racks for squats and one cage, one time 2 racks were occupied for bb curls, 1 rack was occupied for push ups and the cage was being squatted in).

This brings me to second point, push ups in squat rack? Why?

This doesn't really annoy me, but it's funny. Guys who stack on weight and do 2-3 inch drops on leg presses and squats then rack it and act all big. Too **** funny.

Weight on the bar doesn't really bother me, mostly because I do all my work in the leg room (has smiths for benches and shoulder presses) and room for rows and deads. So that's empty 70% of the time. I do take my weight off due to females at the gym tend to use a lot of the leg room equipment.

That's about it. Everything else seems to be fine. I really hate bicep curls in the squat racks..... that annoys the hell out of me.

Oh and I dislike guys who do bicep curls in squat racks [img]/forum/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 04-20-2007, 08:49 PM
downtown04 should change his/her status!
Rookie

I got to the gym yesterday and there was a guy in one of the squat racks doing some sort of yoga or something and all I could think of was if that's how you felt about someone doing curls in the rack what would happen to someone to someone streching in the rack if you were around. Gave me a good chuckle and in his defense there were other racks availble at the time so it wasn't that bad.
Old 04-21-2007, 07:40 AM
Bahir is on a diet of scrambled eggs and CC
Light-Heavyweight

People who leave dumbells, barbells and weights lying around after they are done. There is nothing worse than that in a gym, in my own experience.
Old 04-21-2007, 08:35 AM
Venom is training, researching, or talking on ABC
Vice President Abcbodybuilding.com

I hate when people set their stuff--towels, water bottles, even weights like dumbbells--on equipment they are not even using--benches, stands, etc. So annoying! I just set my stuff on the ground right next to me.
Co-Editor. of JHR

Venom@abcbodybuilding.com
Bible Studies
Click Here to Support the Future of Bodybuilding!

Matthew 7:20
And Jesus said unto them, Because of your unbelief: for verily I say unto you, If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you.
Old 04-21-2007, 11:30 AM
Dzoni should change his/her status!
Heavyweight

I usually got my stuff on the floor next to me, but a towel here, bag there, log book over there, bottle here [img]/forum/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] I just make sure it's out of everyones way and doesn't bother anyone. Cause I'd want the same treatment.
Old 04-23-2007, 01:13 AM
diatribe should change his/her status!
Bantamweight

When you hit the gym showers, close the door, or shower curtain. I don't want to be flashed by anyone when I go to the locker room.
And don't make noises when you shower. It's disgusting. A guy got evicted for misconduct in the showers at a gym I used to go to.
Old 04-26-2007, 12:04 PM
ChosenSoldier should change his/her status!
Bantamweight

LOL this stuff is just to funny i miss being at a gym back home. Although i dont have to deal with most of the stupidity in my current iron dungeon we have here in my outpost here in iraq. We have only 2 types of people those that are hardcore or those that dont lift at all. Thx for the laugh guys

Recognizing that I volunteered as a Ranger, fully knowing the hazards of my chosen profession, I will always endeavor to uphold the prestige, honor, and high esprit de corps of the Rangers.

Acknowledging the fact that a Ranger is a more elite soldier who arrives at the cutting edge of battle by land, sea, or air, I accept the fact that as a Ranger my country expects me to move further, faster, and fight harder than any other soldier.

Never shall I fail my comrades I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong, and morally straight and I will shoulder more than my share of the task whatever it may be, one hundred percent and then some.

Gallantly will I show the world that I am a specially selected and well trained soldier. My courtesy to superior officers, neatness of dress, and care of equipment shall set the example for others to follow.

Energetically will I meet the enemies of my country. I shall defeat them on the field of battle for I am better trained and will fight with all my might. Surrender is not a Ranger word. I will never leave a fallen comrade to fall into the hands of the enemy and under no circumstances will I ever embarrass my country.

Readily will I display the intestinal fortitude required to fight on to the Ranger objective and complete the mission, though I be the lone survivor.
Old 04-27-2007, 05:15 AM
Whey Man is procrastinating.
Light-Heavyweight

Is it just me or is it ridiculous to have 5 and 10 pound plates in the way of the 45 pound plates when you're wanting to load up the leg press machine? I mean for Pete sake go to the 5 and 10 pound rack if you want those weights...don't leave them on the leg press rack!

I'm not referring to the rack that you load the weight onto, I'm referring to the rack that holds all the weight that's on the leg press machine. Know what I mean?

Old 05-03-2007, 01:10 PM
RyanS should change his/her status!
Middleweight

Something I hate is seeing guys with bigger muscle than me swinging their weights around, using far too much weight, just showing off.
It's not because they're on their final set, they start off that way and it really annoys me, considering I keep my weights under control and am not as big.

Yesterday I finished my squats and turned around to use the leg press behind me and some guy got to it. Ok, he was first.
Except his first set involved no weight?!?
His second set he used two 5.5lb plates, his 3rd set he used two more 5.5lb plates and he was done.

I don't mind having to wait for equipment, but when it's someone who is doing such stupid sets, it's annoying.
Deadlift: 264lb x 6
Dumbell Bench Press: 77lb x 6
Preacher Curls: 92.4lb x 6