Gym Social Norms - Page 7 - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Scientist Department > HYPERplasia Research

Notices

Old 01-18-2007, 02:25 PM
the alchemist should change his/her status!
Rookie

Default Re: Gym Social Norms *DELETED*

Post deleted by the alchemist
Old 01-18-2007, 07:28 PM
rickck48 is tryin harder!
Middleweight

Default Re: Gym Social Norms

Lordy after reading this makes me feel good that i workout in my own place out back! My dog just lays there and watches like him stupid,,and he never gets loud or anything.
As the brother up above said he never passes off the extras while I'm in middle of workout, come to think of it he never aks any questions either! Great gym buddy huh? [img]/forum/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/forum/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Goal: NOT there Yet, But haven't quit either!

RANGERS LEAD THE WAY!
Old 03-08-2007, 03:59 AM
ehlpitel should change his/her status!
Rookie

The worst are people who fill up their water bottles when there's a whole line of people standing waiting for the fountain.
Old 03-08-2007, 05:40 AM
Venom is training, researching, or talking on ABC
Vice President Abcbodybuilding.com

[ QUOTE ]
The worst are people who fill up their water bottles when there's a whole line of people standing waiting for the fountain.

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree. I think filling up your water bottle is very time efficient. If you use this method, you probably only need to use the fountain once per workout, for 20 seconds max. Whearase, if you keep sipping from the fountation, you will have to use it numerous times.
Co-Editor. of JHR

Venom@abcbodybuilding.com
Bible Studies
Click Here to Support the Future of Bodybuilding!

Matthew 7:20
And Jesus said unto them, Because of your unbelief: for verily I say unto you, If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you.
Old 03-08-2007, 01:52 PM
richnewton is tired.
Light-Heavyweight

^ depends how many times you fill up :P

I just keep an eye out and let people go ahead if they are just getting a sip.
Old 03-08-2007, 05:25 PM
aaronethc should change his/her status!
Rookie

[ QUOTE ]
Hereís one that bothers me; Iím right in the middle of a set (of anything) and using the mirror to watch my form, Iíve stepped back a few feet so people can get around me and to the dumbbell rack. Some meathead comes up grabs some dumbbells and starts a set of his own directly in front of me. This drives me nuts because you donít realize how help the mirror is until itís blocked by some jackass.

[/ QUOTE ]

Man I hate that too. It happens all the time
Old 03-10-2007, 08:41 PM
Whey Man is procrastinating.
Light-Heavyweight

Ok....so this dude comes to the gym...and there's always one popular machine this guy always holds up whenever he comes in for an hour and rarely ever uses (usually the bench press or squat rack). He comes in and puts all of his stuff on it, and then only does about 3 total sets on it probably. And what's really annoying is that he talks to people all the time. Just talking talking talking. And it sucks because our gym only has two bench press benches and one squat rack. Then the punk left his cell phone next to the squat rack when he left and I had to hand it in. Serves him right. He basically made the squat rack his personal closet. There was so much stuff on or around it that he missed something. Heh.

And then there was another guy once who decided to do weighted ball crunches RIGHT IN FRONT OF THE DUMBBELL RACK. And in front of the 40s-60s no less...the most used... I was so teed off.

Old 03-11-2007, 01:37 AM
Down 2 Die should change his/her status!
Middleweight

**** everybody here has little characters and nicknames.. and u know I do too. I used to work at Bally and there were some strange characters.. like this short cat who would come in and defecate all in the showers and urinals. And then at the gym I lift at we have:

Grand Daddy Hamstrings- this guy is probably pushing 85 and comes in to do hamstring curls only, laying on the machine between all 3 sets. Then he leaves. A few times my training partner and I thought he had fallen asleep on the machine or just died.

Mix Master Jordan- another old guy who thinks he's 25 and comes in COMPLETELY decked out in Jordan gear, down to the socks and sweatbands. Also doesn't workout.

Loyal Warrior- this guy is middle-aged and has done the exact same workout everytime I've seen him for the last 3 years, with the same weight.

Let me think of more

Days tobacco free: 48
Old 03-11-2007, 05:07 AM
Venom is training, researching, or talking on ABC
Vice President Abcbodybuilding.com

[ QUOTE ]

A few times my training partner and I thought he had fallen asleep on the machine or just died.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol
[ QUOTE ]
Loyal Warrior- this guy is middle-aged and has done the exact same workout everytime I've seen him for the last 3 years, with the same weight.

[/ QUOTE ]

I knew one guy like that at my old gym. He trained really hard-core. But just did the same thing everytime. [img]/forum/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Co-Editor. of JHR

Venom@abcbodybuilding.com
Bible Studies
Click Here to Support the Future of Bodybuilding!

Matthew 7:20
And Jesus said unto them, Because of your unbelief: for verily I say unto you, If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you.
Old 03-24-2007, 04:49 PM
archangel_15 should change his/her status!
Rookie

I have to dispute one of these...although it seems like several people here agree with me.

I'll go ahead and scream during the last few reps of a set, I don't care what movement it is, if I'm pushing myself to the point that I have to let out some noise everyone else can just get over it. I don't scream for every rep, and certainly not every set...but at least once or twice every workout. One of my friends actually got kicked out because he was screaming during a set. I think that is just ridiculous, it pisses me off being in some pansy gym where the girls get freaked out because someone is actually having a real workout. So my pet peeve isn't the screamers, it's the people who get angry at the screamers.

Another thing...

There is this lady that would sit on either the leg extension or leg curl machines...and she would sit there and read a freakin book! wtf. She would do 1 rep every 30 seconds or so, one day I was in the middle of my leg workout and I just walked up to her and told her to get the **** out of the gym. I mean, come on.

And another...

Gyms that don't maintain their equipment. I work out at an LA Fitness, and yes...I am about to bash them publicly because this has become ridiculous...I used to work out at a Gold's but I switched because LA was supposed to have more amenities (i.e.-basketball court, swimming pool, sauna...etc.) The sauna breaks once a month, and is usually down for at least a week. The basketball court has been down for over 2 months. First, someone broke the backboard and LA Fitness dragged their feet for about a month before they got a new one. Second, there was a leak in the floor so they had to tear the whole thing up...except that the guys they hired are freakin lazy and spend more time using the weights in the gym than doing their job.

Finally...

I used to work in the training dept. at the LA Fitness where I workout but I quit because the Manager was lying and stealing from customers and employees... (btw- he is currently on an "extended leave of absence" during an investigation that is going on)...anyway, one of the guys that still works there likes to come up to me during my sets and whine about how much he hates working there, about how he knows more than anyone about training (he might weigh 150 @ 6'...maybe), about all of this crap...meanwhile...I'm trying to work out. I quit for a reason, I don't want to hear about that bs anymore.

Anyway...it's pretty annoying to be paying for a gym membership while I am only receiving a portion of what that gym was supposed to offer...and still paying the full membership. LA Fitness sucks.

Jeremy Margolies

"But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal. For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also. The light of the body is the eye; if, therefore, thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light."

3 Ne. 13: 20-22

Height: 5'10"
Weight: 179