Protein Powder recommendations:............ - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Iron, Metal, & Steel!! > Female Specific Athletic Forum

Notices

Old 01-13-2007, 11:15 PM
Calico should change his/her status!

Default Protein Powder recommendations:............

I need a good tasting (in water) preferrably in a smoothie with fruit protein powder? Anybody know of any that don't cost an arm and a leg and that make a goood protein fruit smoothie. I want to start back with my smoothie for breakfast but the one I was using before are no longer being made.

Thanks

Annette
Old 01-15-2007, 03:51 PM
maczuk should change his/her status!
Middleweight

Default Re: Protein Powder recommendations:............

Since you are having this for breakfast, it is recommended that you use whey protein. I use Champion Nutrition 100% Pure Whey. It comes in many flavors but I use Vanilla 90% of the time. It is inexpensive, tastes great, and I find that it works well.

Good luck.

Age - 40
Height - 6'1"
Weight - 203 lbs.

"Life is way to short for all the time that we kill" - RE
"A better tomorrow takes your best today!" - Triumph
"Winners are losers who got up and gave it just one more try" - Dennis DeYoung
Old 01-15-2007, 05:43 PM
DieselMofo20x should change his/her status!

optimum nutrition protein is good in my opinion..you can get a container for $30 that will give you 77 servings..it mixes easily (doesn't clump too much) and goes down easy..one scoop=one serving so you aren't overwhelmed..it has NO FAT, very little carbs and one serving gives roughly 25 grams of protein per serving..if you have it with milk then thats roughly 35 grams of protein right there! plus it is packed with aminos and glutamine, which will speed up muscle recovery..it definitely is the type of protein that will aid in muscle recovery with minimum fat gains resulting in CLEANER bulks and cuts..and for the price it doesn't get much better than that!
Old 01-15-2007, 06:42 PM
Tsquare should change his/her status!
Rookie

[ QUOTE ]
I need a good tasting (in water) preferrably in a smoothie with fruit protein powder? Anybody know of any that don't cost an arm and a leg and that make a goood protein fruit smoothie. I want to start back with my smoothie for breakfast but the one I was using before are no longer being made.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hello there, a protein fruit smoothie is my favorite, and I sure do miss them.

Beverly International makes a product called "Muscle Provider" that is wonderful in a smoothie. It taste great, makes the smoothie nice and thick, it mixes very well, also contains lots of BCAA's. But this product is very pricy!

Champion Nutrition whey is far more affordable, contains BCAA's, mixes easily, and taste ok. However, it creates a much "thinner" smoothie, so you will use a lot less water, or 2 scoops of protein to get the smoothie feel.