Sophomore 215 Lb. Wrestler / Football Lineman's First Journal - Page 8 - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Iron, Metal, & Steel!! > Online Training Journal

Notices

Old 06-30-2006, 02:46 AM
tetz8again is big
Lightweight

Default Re: Sophomore 215 Lb. Wrestler / Football Lineman\'s First Journal

By the whey, I got a 4.0 this semester, so my parents gave me $50. (Sadly, that is a lot to me right now.) All my money is in a C.D. in a bank that I can't touch and I have no source of income at all over summer, so I'll have to figure out some sort of whey to make money from my parents. Anyways, I'm excited because I'll finally be able to buy some more dextrose. Also, I'm running low on creatine, so I'll get that this weekend. After I earn a few bucks, I'm going to buy a sweet bicycle. I love riding bikes. It is my favorite form of cardio, so I'll be doing it a lot this summer. Biking is the whey to go.
Old 07-11-2006, 07:55 PM
tetz8again is big
Lightweight

Hey, guys. Got back from camp about 20 hours ago, and I've already had two workouts. [img]/forum/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Camp was fun. It was at North Idaho College at Coer d' Alene, Idaho. We did a lot of team stuff together when not wrestling. Had a fun Fifa soccer game tournament on the Xbox, went to see Nacho Libre, went to a Rollercoaster park, and also went jumping off a cliff into the water as a team. Sounds like we didn't have any time to wrestle, huh? But man, there was tons of wrestling. If I could, I'd spend all summer at wrestling camp.

I could talk all day about my matches and how well I did and my mistakes I did, etc, but this journal is for weightlifting primarily, so I won't go into detail.

When I got back yesterday, I unpacked, went to a friends house for 30 minutes, and then went to lift weights. Did a light Military Press workout, followed by a pretty intense shoulder workout. Today, I did a light squat workout. I'm taking this week fairly lightly so I can get used to the movements again and next week will be hard at it again probably.
Old 08-02-2006, 05:44 PM
tetz8again is big
Lightweight

It's been a while since I posted in here. I've been hitting the weights hard. I'm 250 right now, I'm starting my cut in two weeks, becuase that is when football "2-A-days" start. And then, I won't be lifting because I'll need my energy for the intense amount of cardio (football) I'll be doing. So it's a perfect time to start cutting. And also, that will be when there are officially 3 months until wrestling starts. Hopefully, I will be at about 220 by then. So anyway, I have two weeks left of a real weightlifting program, so I'm going to be lifting like a madman. I'll post my workouts from the last 3 days.
Old 08-02-2006, 06:35 PM
tetz8again is big
Lightweight

Monday, July 31, 2006

Triceps, Chest

Bench
1x10, 135
1x8, 155
1x3, 185
2x4, 205
2x2, 225
1x2, 235

Pullovers
3x8, w/50 lb. DB

Behind the Back Dips
3x15

SkullCrushers(x10) supersetted w/ Close Grip Bench(x15)
3 sets w/85 lbs.

Skull Crushers
2x15 w/85 lbs.

Cable Tricep Pressdowns
2x20, w/100 lbs.

DB Presses ss w/ Flyes on a flat bench
I did 32 reps total in one set, 16 of each exercise and I switched after each set of 8. So it was kind of like 4 sets all in one because there was no rest. I used 35's for the flyes and 45's for the presses.
Old 08-02-2006, 06:48 PM
tetz8again is big
Lightweight

Tuesday, August 1, 2006

Legs

Squat
2x10, 135
3x5, 225/245/265
2x4, 275
1x3, 295
1x2, 315
1x1, 335

I did those with a lot of rest between sets. Atleast 4 minutes.

After that, we did "hammies". Bare with me, this is hard to explain.

You do them with a partner. You lay on a bench and your partner(standing) pulls on your leg while you try to curl your legs up. You make it last 8 seconds on the way up. Then, you have to squeeze your leg to your butt for 3 seconds. Next, the standing partner pulls on the leg while you try to keep it up. That lasts another 8 seconds until your leg is back down straight again. Then you try to pull your leg up while the partner keeps it straight for 3 seconds. That is one rep for one leg. We keep going with that leg for 2 more reps and there is no rest at all. Then you switch legs and do 3 reps for the other one.

Well, those are "hammies" as we call them. It is important to work your hamstrings if you are an athlete so that they are less vulnerable to injury. Especially in football. They are pretty hardcore because it's like nonstop for a minute or so. So have fun if you are going to do them, they are a good exercise to try every now and then, and it feels way different then the hamstring machines for some reason.
Old 08-02-2006, 06:58 PM
tetz8again is big
Lightweight

Wednesday, April 2, 2006

Snatches
4x3, 115

Powercleans
1x3, 135
2x3, 185 (New PR)
1x2, 195 (New PR)

After the workout, me and a couple of buddies did about 10 minutes of fastpaced plyometrics w/ a plyometric ladder.

Today was pretty much a full on football workout. We got some explosiveness going on w/ the snatches and Cleans and then really got our feet moving w/ the plyometrics.

Tomorrow I'm planning on doing heavy shoulders and biceps and forearms and maybe a little triceps.
Old 08-16-2006, 04:09 AM
tetz8again is big
Lightweight

Tomorrow, August 16, is OFFICIALLY the first day of my cut. I chose the date because it is the first day of football, and two-a-days start soon. I want to be about 225ish when wrestling starts. Hopefully 30 pound isn't too much to ask for three months. 2.5 pounds per week is pushing it, but I've done worse. [img]/forum/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Hopefully, I will be getting a body fat caliper in the mail within the next 2 days or so. I bought one on Ebay a few days ago.

On my shopping list is some stronger hand gripper things, and a bunch of supplements. I will shop for supps before the week is over.

My main focus for the next few weeks will be just training hard for football, and eating perfectly. No weightlifting. After I get broken into football (a few weeks), I will start lifting again. Right now, I need to worry about playing, not lifting.

I'm getting kind of tired of this journal. But I'll just keep going in this one unless someone thinks it's a good idea to make a new journal solely dedicated to my cut.