Female Cardio Question (please help) - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Iron, Metal, & Steel!! > Female Specific Athletic Forum

Notices

Old 07-10-2006, 08:24 PM
Taco should change his/her status!
Rookie

Default Female Cardio Question (please help)

My good friend is trying to lose some weight. She is pretty skinny already, but she is looking to lose 10-15 pounds.

Her plan is to take in 1300 calories, and do 2 hours of cardio everyday. I told her that 2 hours of cardio is not good for you, but I couldn't really back it up with facts or anything. Can you guys help me, and her out? What should she be doing?

Her diet is perfect by the way, 5-6 times a day, good and healthy food. I think she just needs help with her cardio.
Old 07-11-2006, 04:22 AM
didymus should change his/her status!
Bantamweight

Default Re: Female Cardio Question (please help)

It depends on her goals and what she is doing (running/etc). That much cardio will likely cause some muscle loss, which she may not mind. But 2 hours of (intense) cardio everyday can put a lot of strain on your body/mind. Its possible that she gets enough rest and nutrition to support it but on 1300 calories I dunno..
Old 07-12-2006, 01:51 PM
Erikabomb should change his/her status!

Default Re: Female Cardio Question (please help)

Tell her that the body needs rest to stay strong. If she is going to do that much cardio maybe she should decrease it to every other day and have a lighter day in between.

If she is putting a lot of stress on her body everyday and not letting it recover her body will break down and injury most likely will occur. She can start to get stress fractures ect...