Research Question of the Week: How to Optimize Fat Efficiency in the Diet - Page 7 - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Scientist Department > HYPERplasia Research

Notices

Old 03-04-2006, 09:18 PM
Venom is training, researching, or talking on ABC
Vice President Abcbodybuilding.com

Default Re: Research Question of the Week: How to Optimize Fat Efficiency in the Diet

Both are excellent fats; so almost any time would be great. I would agree thta MCT oil would see to be a good choice pre-exercise. Many prefer to have their EFA's in their post workout meal; since it is known to enhance insulin sensitivity, this would be rather logical. Otherwise, I always have one or the other with my low carb meals to help spare protein.

And my fat is typically higher on my cuts than bulks. So yes, use them whether your goal is to loose or gain weight.
Co-Editor. of JHR

Venom@abcbodybuilding.com
Bible Studies
Click Here to Support the Future of Bodybuilding!

Matthew 7:20
And Jesus said unto them, Because of your unbelief: for verily I say unto you, If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you.
Old 03-05-2006, 08:56 PM
TM40 should change his/her status!

Default Re: Research Question of the Week: How to Optimize Fat Efficiency in the Diet

Thanks Venom.
Old 04-12-2006, 11:31 PM
W8isGR8 should change his/her status!
Stranger

I didn't get a chance to read the whole thread yet, so excuse me if this question has already been asked.

I know everyone is against fat intake directly post-workout, but wouldn't taking in MCT's ensure that the carbs/protein be used for glycogen and protein synthesis. I'm sure these are energy-costly events, so intaking MCT's would keep the body from using some of the protein/carbs as fuel.
Old 04-14-2006, 07:15 PM
newbuilder should change his/her status!
Light-Heavyweight

Venom,

That article looks dense! Perhaps I will find the time to understand it!

"Children...need to hear about their parent's faith. They need to see that faith in action, and they need to know the miracles that result from it."

"Your waist size should never go above a thirty-two"-Mom
Old 04-14-2006, 07:54 PM

newbuilder,

I hope so, too. [img]/forum/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] Let us know if you have any questions. [img]/forum/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

W8isGR8,

Welcome to ABC [img]/forum/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]

I know everyone is against fat intake directly post-workout, but wouldn't taking in MCT's ensure that the carbs/protein be used for glycogen and protein synthesis. I'm sure these are energy-costly events, so intaking MCT's would keep the body from using some of the protein/carbs as fuel.

[/ QUOTE ]

First, I think it is great that you are thinking critcally. [img]/forum/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

Some problems would be that:

1. It would slow digestion
2. You don't need fat post workout
3. You should never combine high fat meals and spike insulin. Insulin blunts fat oxidation; thus, you increase the chance of storing that fat--even though it is MCT oil--as adipose tissue.
Co-Editor. of JHR

Bible Studies

And Jesus said unto them, Because of your unbelief: for verily I say unto you, If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you.
Old 04-14-2006, 08:45 PM
newbuilder should change his/her status!
Light-Heavyweight

[ QUOTE ]
newbuilder,

I hope so, too. Let us know if you have any questions.

W8isGR8,

Welcome to ABC

[/ QUOTE ]

Right On!
I could spend all night on this article! I have just made a one hour study out of it.
Thanks!

As is stated in the beginning of the article - bodybuilding is taking the nutrients that God graciously gives us, and we give our bodies, and using them for anablic purposes and away from fat storing purposes.
If saturated fats have a single bond and are then more stable - does this then mean that they are less susceptible to oxidation?
Since unsaturated fats are less stable, does this mean that oxidation occurs more readily?
OK. That means if it is oxidized,it is burned or used for energy, or for an anabolic reaction. I am straight with that.
It just seems to me that the whole biochemical process of the body metabolism and muscle building is so complex and at the same time is much like feeding or even just making a fire - with fuel, oxygen, heat from exercise, chemical reactions and chain reactions - and then regulation the the heat and the processes for optimal gains the end.
So are new muscle tissue then the biproduct of a chemical reaction within the body?
In this process there must be something else that is created -heat? or gas?
So the question I have to be solved is what is the equation?
This plus this plus this equals new muscle, with the byproduct of this and this.
Does saturated or unsaturated fat fit into this or play an integral part in the process of forming a new muscle cell?

These are some ideas I have come up with from what I have studied here.
Hope this helps! I am here to serve you too!

"Children...need to hear about their parent's faith. They need to see that faith in action, and they need to know the miracles that result from it."

"Your waist size should never go above a thirty-two"-Mom
Old 05-05-2006, 10:16 PM
W8isGR8 should change his/her status!
Stranger

[ QUOTE ]
Some problems would be that:

1. It would slow digestion
2. You don't need fat post workout
3. You should never combine high fat meals and spike insulin. Insulin blunts fat oxidation; thus, you increase the chance of storing that fat--even though it is MCT oil--as adipose tissue.

[/ QUOTE ]
I still feel pretty strongly that the benifits would outweigh any consequence.

1. MCT's digest differently than regular fats, much quicker since they bypass the normal pathways of fat digestion. So saying they would slow down digestion is like saying that sticking your hand out the window would slow down your car on the freeway [img]/forum/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] After all, whey and dextrose/malto are some of the quickest digesting foods around.

2. You're right, you need energy. Energy to synthesize protein, replenish glygogen, restore ATP, etc. Why rob the proein/carbs from your PWO shake when you could supply your body with a prefered fuel source?

I figure that after the thermic effect of digestion(metabolic cost), as well as the energy cost of all the gowth/repairs your body needs, over half your PWO meal is gone. That only leaves you with half the materials for muscle building.
Old 05-06-2006, 05:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]

1. MCT's digest differently than regular fats, much quicker since they bypass the normal pathways of fat digestion. So saying they would slow down digestion is like saying that sticking your hand out the window would slow down your car on the freeway After all, whey and dextrose/malto are some of the quickest digesting foods around.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that is a bit exaggerated. [img]/forum/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]

2. You're right, you need energy. Energy to synthesize protein, replenish glygogen, restore ATP, etc. Why rob the proein/carbs from your PWO shake when you could supply your body with a prefered fuel source?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't understand what you are saying here? Are you saying MCT oil is a preferred energy source over carbs?

[ QUOTE ]

I figure that after the thermic effect of digestion(metabolic cost), as well as the energy cost of all the gowth/repairs your body needs, over half your PWO meal is gone. That only leaves you with half the materials for muscle building.

[/ QUOTE ]

If this is the case, there are two possible ways to handle this:

1. Increase your post workout shake by upping your carbs and proteins
2. Have another meal 1 hour after.

So why have fat when you could just up protein and carbs?
Co-Editor. of JHR

Bible Studies