Need calorie intake help - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Iron, Metal, & Steel!! > Female Specific Athletic Forum

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 09-13-2005, 05:19 PM
SlimRat should change his/her status!
Rookie

Default Need calorie intake help

So, I've dropped 10lbs of added fat the past 6 weeks....so yeah, fabulous, but I've got this mental block with calories.

I've done low, high, alternate,,,,you get the idea....problem is, each way works for me, but I'm afraid to go back up to a higher intake.

So my goal is obviously to achieve a low bodyfat percentile....and more muscle. I gain muscle easily and I workout 6 days a week, on most weeks. Cardio 5 days, weights are usually on a 4 day split, with a weekend "pump" I like to call it, I do a quickie total body workout to make me feel thin during the weekend< LOL!

So any suggestions on calorie intake?
Old 09-13-2005, 07:29 PM
littleamazon is praying and loving in action, word, deed and thought by the Grace of God
National Champion

Default Re: Need calorie intake help

Find your maintenance cals...based on your body composition...Go the this article for a breakdown on how to assess that:

http://www.abcbodybuilding.com/13wee...urningdiet.php

Then your goal will be based on your body composition to eat at least 1 g of protein per pound of lean body mass. The rest of the cals come from carbs then and fat *the article tells you how*

Now, if you don't know your body composition, buy a pair of calipers and follow the procedure on this article:

http://www.abcbodybuilding.com/ultim...stingguide.php

It is optimal to work each body part twice. Cardio can be followed 6-8 hrs before or after weight training on the same day to prevent muscle loss. Full body workouts have a purpose, but it is optimal to have a split and pay attention to specific bodyparts for further athletic improvement.

I workout six times a week, twice a day. Here's my training split *suggested by the Prez*

Workout 1: Back, biceps, forearms
Workout 2: Legs
Workout 3: chest, triceps, shoulders and traps
Repeat workouts starting from 1 *usually one session will be heavy and when you repeat the same muscle groups, you would go light*

Regards,

Amazon

- St. Dominic Savio (1842-1857)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v9...n/Mercy50K.jpg
We must pray without tiring, for the salvation of mankind does not depend on material success, nor on sciences that cloud the intellect. Neither does it depend on arms and human industries, but on Jesus alone.

- St. Frances Xavier Cabrini (1850-1917)
Old 09-18-2005, 03:26 PM
Anthony Lapham should change his/her status!
Middleweight

I know that mens bodybuilding is 3600 so i think you should start at 3000 for bodybuilding or 2600 for athletic.
Success comes before work....only in the dictionary.
Royalmarine69@msn.com
Old 09-19-2005, 03:00 PM
XenoWang should change his/her status!
Heavyweight

Where do you get these numbers Anthony? There is no base-line for all individuals; each person has his/her own unique needs in terms of calorie intake.
Closed Thread