Very embarassing question about chest skinfold test for gals... - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Iron, Metal, & Steel!! > Female Specific Athletic Forum

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 08-12-2005, 04:13 PM
betsylauren should change his/her status!
Rookie

Default Very embarassing question about chest skinfold test for gals...

Hi, ladies...I have been kind of "playing" at weightlifting off and on for about 3 years now, and I'm finally ready to get serious! My husband convinced me that I had to do the caliper skinfold test to track my progress, and I agreed (grudgingly, because it's kinda depressing and unromantic to have your hubby pinching your fat! [img]/forum/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img])

Now, here's the embarassing part...please don't laugh, but we're both perplexed about how to do the "chest" skinfold on a woman. Are you actually supposed to be pinching breast tissue? Or, is there a layer of fat on top that you're trying to grab? I tried the latter, and it did seem like there was a little fold on top that seemed different, but I don't know if that's right. I obviously get totally different results depending on how I do it. Any guidelines you can give will be most appreciated! Sorry for such a weird post...

- Betsy
Old 08-12-2005, 04:28 PM
tarheelsykes should change his/her status!
Middleweight

Default Re: Very embarassing question about chest skinfold test for gals...

you are trying to measure the subcutaneous fat, that fold you mentioned that is above it. the main thing is make sure that you measure the same each time, that way you will be sure of progress

"Everyone bring joy when they walk in the front door of a gym, some on the way in, some on the way out"
Old 08-12-2005, 04:55 PM
littleamazon is praying and loving in action, word, deed and thought by the Grace of God
National Champion

It is not a weird post!
Thanks so much for asking!
http://www.abcbodybuilding.com/ultim...stingguide.php

This is our fat testing guide where everything is laid out.

On chest

[ QUOTE ]
1. Chest: A diagonal skin fold taken halfway between the anterior axillary line (crease of the underarm) and the nipple.

[/ QUOTE ]

Amazon

- St. Dominic Savio (1842-1857)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v9...n/Mercy50K.jpg
We must pray without tiring, for the salvation of mankind does not depend on material success, nor on sciences that cloud the intellect. Neither does it depend on arms and human industries, but on Jesus alone.

- St. Frances Xavier Cabrini (1850-1917)
Old 08-12-2005, 05:21 PM
betsylauren should change his/her status!
Rookie

Thanks so much, guys, I think that helps. I had actually read the bodyfat testing guide from the site (it's what we've always used to test my husband), but I suppose I just thought it might be different in this case for some reason. And, like most girls I guess, I store most of my fat in my thighs and rear, so the pinch I get from my chest is really tiny by comparison and I thought it couldn't be right. Thanks again for your quick replies! [img]/forum/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Closed Thread