Cardio on E - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Iron, Metal, & Steel!! > Female Specific Athletic Forum

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 06-21-2005, 01:47 PM
sweetpea81 is ready!
Middleweight

Default Cardio on E

I know morning cardio on an emtpty stomach is a big NO!! Yes, I do it anyway b/c I get up at 4:30 to fit it in so I just don't feel like eating and when I used to eat before cardio, it would make me sick to my stomach, I would puke everytime!!! Not to mention the cramps and side stitches!!!

Would it be a bad idea to set my alarm 2 hours before I need to be up and drink a whey and protein shake (w/water probably b/c milk or anything like that and running make me want to gag thinking about it) then go back to sleep?? Or is that a big NO too? I really don't want to sacrafice the muscle or go down the wrong paths I have before!!

Thanks bunches for your help, advice and tips!!

The mods and the members are all fabulous!!

My body is the temple of the Holy Spirit and I glorify God in it by walking in divine healing and divine health. - I Cor. 6:19
Old 06-21-2005, 02:21 PM
littleamazon is praying and loving in action, word, deed and thought by the Grace of God
National Champion

Default Re: Cardio on E

I know what you are going through...I woke up at 3:00 am so that I could eat at 3:30 am to train at 4:30 am...

Lots of people wake up in the middle of the night to eat.
I also pmed you.

Amazon

- St. Dominic Savio (1842-1857)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v9...n/Mercy50K.jpg
We must pray without tiring, for the salvation of mankind does not depend on material success, nor on sciences that cloud the intellect. Neither does it depend on arms and human industries, but on Jesus alone.

- St. Frances Xavier Cabrini (1850-1917)
Old 06-21-2005, 02:43 PM
sweetpea81 is ready!
Middleweight

Amazon -

Your awesome, thanks! [img]/forum/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] I got your PM and I'll try that and see how my stomach responds to it. I'm sure it's going to be a matter of adjusting as well!!

My body is the temple of the Holy Spirit and I glorify God in it by walking in divine healing and divine health. - I Cor. 6:19
Old 06-22-2005, 01:26 PM
BrothaMan325 should change his/her status!
Light-Heavyweight

i have done this before, but only on a bulk . on a cut, i make sure to wake up and eat/workout within my time limit. but on a bulk, i eat and go to sleep all the time. however, you need to consider, that if you are eating a large amount of food and then sleeping,. your body wont greak it down as fast due to the slower met rate when you are asleep. i currently workout at 5:30am and again at 4pm. i am up and eating by 4am to make sure i can get my food to settle and be ok to push hard.
Old 06-22-2005, 02:34 PM
X-Factor should change his/her status!
Super-Heavyweight

BM is hardcore....
Old 06-22-2005, 03:13 PM
sweetpea81 is ready!
Middleweight

I doubt I'll be doing much if I get up at 4:00 a.m. besides sitting there and drinking the shake!!! Then I'll start my run at 5:00.

I am curious what time you do go to bed b/c I know I NEVER get the recommended 8 hours of sleep. By the time I get off work and lift, go home, eat dinner, do chores, etc. it's at least 9:30 before I can even sit down to relax and I'm so keyed up at that point it's useless to try to sleep until about 10:00. I know sleep is just as an important key in BB as eating, lifting, etc.

I know I can wake myself up early, I just don't want to sacrafice one evil for another...if that makes sense. [img]/forum/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

I hope the ?'s are okay as trust all of your knowledge more than mine, I'm jsut ask to understand!! Thanks bunches!! [img]/forum/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Old 06-22-2005, 03:54 PM
littleamazon is praying and loving in action, word, deed and thought by the Grace of God
National Champion

I go to sleep at 9:00 pm..I wake up at 4:00 am. I workout from 4:30 AM to 5:30 am.

I do general clean up *washing dishes, cooking* during the week but leave heavy chores like vacumming, laundry, etc for the weekend.

My workout schedule will change two weeks from today and then I will work out twice a day...once in the morning and once in the afternoon but I don't spend more than 1 hr per training session.

Amazon

We must pray without tiring, for the salvation of mankind does not depend on material success, nor on sciences that cloud the intellect. Neither does it depend on arms and human industries, but on Jesus alone.

Old 06-22-2005, 08:04 PM
lots4waldy should change his/her status!
Middleweight

Its posts like these that make me spend my extra time in the gym and cherish the time I have. I feel really...badly, I guess, in telling myself that I have a lot to do when I hear about people talking about getting up at 4:30 am just to be able to work out.
Old 06-23-2005, 11:24 AM
sweetpea81 is ready!
Middleweight

[ QUOTE ]
My workout schedule will change two weeks from today and then I will work out twice a day...once in the morning and once in the afternoon but I don't spend more than 1 hr per training session.

[/ QUOTE ]

I use to do 2 a days 1+ hr. per session for about 15 months before I just finally broke down from so much overtraining. At the time, b/c of my ignorance, I thought I was actually doing good. So, I'm wondering how long you plan on keeping up the 2 a days...is it just temporary? Say for 2 weeks at a time or is it possible to maintain longer w/out overtraining and I should have just cut my sessions down? I'm assuming one session cardio and one weights?

I'm going ot have to rearrange my schedule and re-prioritize house chores. I just love making time at night to take my bulldogs for walks b/c I'm gone all day and when I get home it's chore time...I need a maid or a live-in!!! [img]/forum/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] But, if you can do it Amazon being a mother or a real child..I can do it being the mother of 2 dogs!! [img]/forum/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Thank you for your continued motivation!!! [img]/forum/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Old 06-23-2005, 01:23 PM
National Champion

Well, not exactly

Cardio would be in the afternoon.
Weights on the morning 5-6 days a week. Cardio will be a max of 4 days.

I am working on creating multiple splits on paper and see what I like, considering the load I will be using and the proper recovery time.

I have some layouts in Microsoft Word. You have my email so if you would like to see them, let me know and I will send them as attachment. I also have been making updates from the threads and writing notes on load, reps and recovery time.

[img]/forum/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Amazon

Closed Thread