Weekends - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Iron, Metal, & Steel!! > Female Specific Athletic Forum

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 06-13-2005, 08:33 AM
loca1972 should change his/her status!
Stranger

Default Weekends

Hello everyone. I recently started working out and eating right. I am able to stick to this religiously Mon-Fri. Weekends come and bam, I go way off track with my eating. How do you keep yourself from doing this? Thanks
Old 06-13-2005, 11:24 AM
X-Factor should change his/her status!
Super-Heavyweight

Default Re: Weekends

Prepare your meals sista. Get em read the night before, or stick a few bottles full of whey and oats, add water and there is a high quality meal.
Old 06-13-2005, 11:40 AM
littleamazon is praying and loving in action, word, deed and thought by the Grace of God
National Champion

[ QUOTE ]
Hello everyone. I recently started working out and eating right. I am able to stick to this religiously Mon-Fri. Weekends come and bam, I go way off track with my eating. How do you keep yourself from doing this? Thanks

[/ QUOTE ]

If you go out, go to places where the menu has options: steamed veggies, grilled, broiled or baked sources of protein, etc.

If, presented with bread,..exercise some self control! In the beginning I would have it all, then I decided one slice without butter was enough..then, I didn't even wanted it and asked the waiter not to bring it.

When faced with salad bar before meal, have a salad first...no dressing or a bit of oil and vinegar will do. Always ask for water or decaf, in my case.

I know IHOP has nothing good for me, so I don't go there. Find a place were you can all go and compromise. Planning like X said, works! I eat on the clock too.

Make your own healthy versions of food and have them handy. Check our recipes forum:

http://www.abcbodybuilding.com/forum...id=13&subId=22

Keep your water intake up, have your meals in a timely fashion, buy a small cooler and have your food setup there for eating. Swith fatty, starchy carb stuff for steamed veggies *ask for a substitution*, wean off those foods you love my cutting down the amount of them you have over time.

Just some ideas,

Amazon

- St. Dominic Savio (1842-1857)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v9...n/Mercy50K.jpg
We must pray without tiring, for the salvation of mankind does not depend on material success, nor on sciences that cloud the intellect. Neither does it depend on arms and human industries, but on Jesus alone.

- St. Frances Xavier Cabrini (1850-1917)
Old 06-13-2005, 02:23 PM
BrothaMan325 should change his/her status!
Light-Heavyweight

have a rule with friend. you dont eat right when your out with them, they get to hit you !!! or you have to pay them 5 dollars everytime you eat outside the diet.

now remember, cheats are important. but the weekend thing is big. you just have to want it enough to not do it.
Old 06-13-2005, 06:03 PM
Kristen should change his/her status!
Light-Heavyweight

also - keeping busy always helps me. I find that if I'm just sitting around the house, I find more fancy things to eat :O Proper planning is key though, as several people have said above!

Training Journal
Old 06-13-2005, 06:54 PM
Tuf should change his/her status!
Mr. Universe

LOL, BM. [img]/forum/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

For me it is purely mind over matter. I decide how I am going to eat and commit to not deviating from that. I pack a tiny tupperware container with a serving of flax oil, a portion of protein, and a portion of vegetables when I go out. Sometimes I will take 2-3 meals with me too, depending on how long I will be out. I have even taken that meal to the movie theater with me. [img]/forum/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] lol Your familly and friends will eventually just get used to it, and that will relieve much of the social pressure as well.

Now I have implemented one cheat meal on a weekend night, but that is because it was a decision I made. I have gone for crazy lenths of time without deviating from my planned diet, and that is because it is a i]choice[/i]--a commitment that I make. I find that when I just don't even consider cheating an option, it leaves no room for temptation.

I know it can be hard when you first start, but it will get easier through time. Take small steps toward your goal if you need to. Good luck, and welcome to ABC! [img]/forum/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
<font color="blue">We taped a lot of famous pictures on the locker-room door: Bobby Orr, Potvin, Beliveau, all holding the Stanley Cup. We'd stand back and look at them and envision ourselves doing it. I really believe if you visualize yourself doing something, you can make that image come true...I must have rehearsed it ten thousand times. And when it came true it was like an electric jolt went up my spine.</font>
-Wayne Gretzky

http://www.rhondariley.com/009/thumbs/005.jpg
"When prepping for a show, I look at my body as my grade and the training and diet as my homework. If I do my homework I will get a good grade."
-Rhonda Riley

<font color="009999">Click Here for ABC's Forum Rules</font>
<font color="purple">Click Here for ABC's Index of Bible Studies</font>
Old 06-14-2005, 09:12 AM
loca1972 should change his/her status!
Stranger

Thanks everyone for your responses. Everyones ideas are great. I will incorporate them all. I know it will be hard at first, but presistance pays off.
Old 06-15-2005, 07:53 AM
The Pebble should change his/her status!
Rookie

You Americans have a much harder time of it when eting out. It's not standard in the UK to get bread before the meal (except maybe in Italian restaurants) , sizes are smaller, and all-you-can eat chains are less common. You're all going to have to move to Europe, especially you Little Amazon [img]/forum/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Closed Thread