concerned boyfriend - Page 3 - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Iron, Metal, & Steel!! > Female Specific Athletic Forum

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 03-07-2005, 11:33 AM
nothwang should change his/her status!
Lightweight

Default Re: concerned boyfriend

thanks for the suggestion, serendipity.
Old 04-07-2005, 11:38 AM
Lightweight

sorry to bring this old post from the dead but i have some more q's concerning my girls diet.

we don't know how to measure her caloric needs. this is because she used to eat very little. her goals are to lose weight and fat so i have her eating and working out. her current calories are around 1,100 maybe up to 1,500 on a big day. so, she is eating a lot more now than she used to but where do we go from here?

i guess to make a long story short, she would like to do the 13 weeks programs (diet and exercise) but how much should she eat considering she used to eat almost nothing and it has taken her a while to build up to 1,500 calories. i don't think that is enough calories to do the 13 week program. do we continue to raise her calories or do we start dropping them by 200 a week at this point? i have to say that she is not fat and does not need to lose weight as far as i am concerned, but she really wants to look and feel better about herself. we need a little help here! thanks!
Old 04-07-2005, 02:58 PM
nozzle should change his/her status!
National Champion

Is she gaining fat? If not, I'd keep increasing her calories slowly until she gets to her maintenance level. This can be found using the formulas found in the 13 Weeks diet. From there, she can slowly reduce her calories.
Old 04-07-2005, 03:12 PM
Lightweight

[ QUOTE ]
Is she gaining fat? If not, I'd keep increasing her calories slowly until she gets to her maintenance level. This can be found using the formulas found in the 13 Weeks diet. From there, she can slowly reduce her calories.

[/ QUOTE ]

oh yeah, i hadn't really thought about it that way. i don't think she is gaining or losing. so, we should continue adding calories until we reach her maintenance then slow decrease her calories so she can lose weight and burn fat. makes sense to me! [img]/forum/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] thanks nozzle!

so what do you recommend for her to eat to add calories to her diet? right now her diet is very clean like the 13 weeks diet (but apparently not enough!). should she just add more lean protein and low GI carbs? or should she cheat at this point? she is having a very hard time eating this much food! she is very worried that she will gain more weight by eating more food. once she reaches her maintenance calories, how long should she stay there?
Old 04-07-2005, 07:26 PM
NutMeg is sleepy
Mr. Universe

take a look at the nutrient density article and fill her up with stuff that is dense to get all her calories in.

she can stay at her maintenance calories as long as she wants. the 13 weeks had you drop your maintenance for 6 weeks and then reset at maintenance to fool your metabolism.
Closed Thread