Chest exercises? - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Iron, Metal, & Steel!! > Female Specific Athletic Forum

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 03-21-2005, 11:57 PM
stephers081 should change his/her status!
Stranger

Default Chest exercises?

Hi! I have a question about chest exercises...I've been weight training several times a week for a while now (not a lot of cardio because I don't really want to lose weight) and I've noticed I've gained muscle in my arms, legs, etc, but I think I may have lost some body fat as well. Unfortunatly, some of the fat I've lost was in my chest (and I wasn't very big to begin with). My diet is pretty healthy, but I know I should increase my calories, fat, and protein intake since I seem to be losing weight.

I've started doing some chest exercises at the gym lately, but I'm not sure if they will have the desired effect. I've heard/read conflicting information - some say chest exercises will help women's breasts stand out a little more since you are strengthening the muscles behind them, but I've also heard the opposite - that chest exercises will just tighten things up more (i.e. make them smaller). I know that chest exercises won't work miracles or anything, but I don't want to do them if they'll have the opposite effect I am striving for. I'd really appreciate some advice!
Old 03-22-2005, 01:51 AM
CptnOats should change his/her status!

Default Re: Chest exercises?

most of the girls at our gym do really light weight chest excersizes. Cant really help you with the outcome of doing them but they seem pretty popular
Old 03-22-2005, 09:18 AM
Tory should change his/her status!

I firmly believe in heavy lifting for the chest area for women and have been doing it for 4 years(I'm now 40). I haven't seen a change in cup size(still a B, sigh!) but I am definately firm, perky and get my share of appreciative looks from the males in the weightroom. For me, the key has been to really mix up the exercises. I do all kinds of presses, flys and push ups, declines, inclines, flat bench, cables, barbells and dumb bells. Its such a versatile area to work on.
Old 03-22-2005, 10:49 AM
littleamazon is praying and loving in action, word, deed and thought by the Grace of God
National Champion

The chest is a muscle, like any other..fat is fat...when we are striving to cut..we lose fat from all over our body, including the chest area. I go for heavier weight on chest, working for mass.

Would you rather be a c cup or a d cup with poor health or an a cup or b cup that can give anyone a run for their money? You are much more than just a cup size..I bet you knew that already.

Now, the approach on the exercises varies on the individual, I like to work the mid, lower and upper section of the chest, emphasizing with different angles during the exercises. That is just me.

Just my two cents,

Amazon

- St. Dominic Savio (1842-1857)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v9...n/Mercy50K.jpg
We must pray without tiring, for the salvation of mankind does not depend on material success, nor on sciences that cloud the intellect. Neither does it depend on arms and human industries, but on Jesus alone.

- St. Frances Xavier Cabrini (1850-1917)
Old 03-22-2005, 03:13 PM
Stranger

Thanks for the advice! Looks like using heavier weights & doing a variety of excercises is the consensus...Thanks! [img]/forum/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-25-2005, 12:27 AM
NutMeg is sleepy
Mr. Universe

and there is also the old addage that building up the lower pecs helps with shape, but an all over rounding can help cleavage. Go with what lil A said. And welcome to ABC!
Old 03-25-2005, 10:49 PM
Stranger

Thanks! I'll keep that in mind. [img]/forum/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Closed Thread