please critique my self analysis - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Iron, Metal, & Steel!! > Female Specific Athletic Forum

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 03-18-2005, 02:21 PM
MootieK should change his/her status!
Stranger

Default please critique my self analysis

Hello everyone! I am a 22 yr old female, and I am just getting started with weight loss and I really do not know enough about it to do this alone. I want to lose weight and tone myself, but I need help and guidance. First, I did the self analysis and I was hoping someone could help me go over and analyze it. I would really appreciate any help that anyone could offer me! Thanks so much! ~Khara~
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Self Analysis Part 2
Researched and Composed by Jacob Wilson
Introduction
This analysis sheet goes hand and hand with the article The Ultimate Guide To Bodybuilding: "Self Analysis Part 2 It's vital that you use the article as a guide to filling out this sheet! I will, however, place small notes to further assist you in this process. It is important to realize that you very well may be taking the most vital steps ever in your bodybuilding program by completing this self analysis! Enjoy your gains!

I. 1. Meal Frequency
How many meals a day do you consume on average? Check the box that applies to you.
a. I absolutely suck, because I only eat 3 meals a day! (X)
b. I eat 4-5 meals a day, not great, but I am certainly average in this category ( )
c. I am very good in this category, I always get six meals a day! ( )
d. I eat like a pro! Of that there is no doubt! I get 7-8 meals in me everyday! ( )

If you have a deficiency in this category, explain it and how you might correct it below.

*I never eat constantly. Some days I eat all day, some days I will only eat once. I generally snack a lot on food throughout the day and throw in a couple of "meals". I was to become in the habit of eating regularly 6 small meals a day and eliminate snacking.

II. Water Consumption: Water = Anabolic ( Muscle Building )
Are you consuming enough water on a daily basis?
a. Just thinking about my water intake disgusts me! The only fluids I get are sodas with meals. ( )
b. I get a cup or two of water with all of my meals, I am certainly not great but average here. (X)
c. I drink like a pro! Of that, there is no doubt! I don't remember the last time I was thirsty! ( )

If you have a deficiency in this category, explain it and how you might correct it below.

*I drink water daily, but not enough. Usually I drink about 3-4 cups a day with most of my "meals". Coke seems to have become more of a constant. I want to eliminate coke and all other soda and drink more water, about a gallon a day.

III. Protein Intake -
Check The box below that applies to you
a. I honestly don't know why I even train with weights, my protein intake isn't sufficient for a little girl! (X)
b. I get 1 gram of protein per pound of bodyweight a day, not great, but certainly good ( )
c. Hold on I have to finish my protein shake before I check the box! 1.5 grams a day! ( )

*I eat very little protein. No where near the amount I should be eating. I want to up my protein intake.

IV. Carbohydrate Intake
Check The box below that applies to you. Of course this is applicable to whether you are dieting or bulking, so judge yourself on that basis. If I say " I get a sufficient amount of clean starchy carbs, and you are dieting, then the statement " sufficient " applies to your situation.
a. I get most of my carbs from pure junk, ice cream, candy etc. (X)
b. I get plenty of clean starchy carbs, but not enough greens in my diet ( )
c. I get a proper balance of both leafy green veggies and clean starchy carbs every day! ( )

*I eat carbs more than anything else. Junk food mainly. I will eliminate refined carbs from my diet and eat more whole grains, oatmeal, brown rice... etc.

V. Essential Fatty Acid Intake -
a. I don't eat fish, or use any supplement in this are! (X)
b. I eat fish several times a week, so I am pretty good in this area ( )
c. People think I am a sicko when I cook my vegetables in flax seed oil!!! ( )

*I rarely ever eat fish nor supplement it in anyway. I will add fish regularly to my diet and add supplements when possible.

VI. Meal Balance
Check The box below that applies to you.
a. I eat whatever my mommy feeds me, whether its balanced or not. (X)
b. My meals are usually balanced. However about 2 out of my 6 are either only a carb or a protein ( )
c. If my meals don't contain a proper balance of carbs and proteins I don't eat them! ( )
note: again proper must apply to whether you are bulking or cutting.

*I am a fastfood addict and I eat anything and everything laying around. I eat as if I am a 7 year old child that doesn't have to worry about anything anymore. I will plan out balanced meals and eat more at home rather than going out to fastfood places.

VII. Nutrition For Gaining Mass -
a. I am crying right now, I can't gain weight because I don't have the will power to eat enough! ( )
b. I want to look pretty, even though I have no muscle I don't want to lose my six pack,
I am a disgusting back street boy (X)
b. I could be eating more, but I gain a half a pound every other week, I can do better but... ( )
c. I eat perfect! Hungry or not, I get a big meal in me! I gain one to two pounds a week! ( )

*I don't eat enough, nor the right kinds of foods. Junk food is a staple for me. I will get in a routine of eating 6 balanced meals a day and cut out snacking and fast food.

VIII. Burning Fat
Check The box below that applies to you.
a. I starve myself, even though I know that I am losing all of my muscle. ( )
b. My will power is non existent, I keep telling myself that a few slices of pizza wont hurt me (X)
c. I eat rather clean on my cut, every once in a while I slip but for the most, part I stick to the program! ( )
d. I am a machine! I have brought my body under complete control! I don't even know the meaning of cheat!
Calorie cycling, yes, but cheat, no! ( )

*I eat all the time and don't think about what it is doing to me. I will let boredom/depression control my eating habits as well. I will plan out meals in advance and keep busy instead of eating when boredom/depression decide to take over.

VIIII. Supplementation
This category is a bit more wide open. What I will do is place the top supplements down and allow you to comment on them. For example:
Protein Supplementation:
Here are the supplements that I discussed in the article.
1. Multi-Vitamin/ Multi-Mineral - rarely ever take and when I do, it is not consistent. I will get in the habit of taking a multi-vitamin everyday
2. Vitamin C - rarely ever take and when I do, it is not consistent. I will get in the habit of taking vitamin c everyday.
3. Chromium - have never taken. I will get in the habit of taking chromium everyday
4. Protein Supplements - have never taken. I will get in the habit of taking protein supplements everyday.
5. Creatine- have never taken. Not yet sure if i should be taking creatine.
6. Glutamine - have never taken. I will get in the habit of taking glutamine everyday.
7. Flax Seed Oil - have never taken. I will get in the habit of taking flax seed oil everyday
8. ZMA - Never taken. Not sure yet if I should be taking ZMA

Notes On Overall Nutritional Program - If you have any brief notes place them here:
*Not yet sure about Creatine and ZMA supplements. I will need to get more information on if/how they will benefit me and my wanting to lose weight.

Conclusion - ( I would suggest summing everything up with your own conclusion, to re-affirm exactly how you are going to address your program. ):
*My eating habits are horrible and I have never really thought about the affects that my eating is having on my body or athletic performances. I will have to change completely how I eat, how often I eat, what I eat. I need to take supplements and I need to exercise more. I will have to construct a program that I can follow, and take it seriously, not allowing myself to give up or get discouraged which is exactly what I have done in the past.
Luckily I have an experienced guy Im dating that is on your site as well and will be helping me and encouraging me in the right direction.
Old 03-18-2005, 06:32 PM
nozzle should change his/her status!
National Champion

Default Re: please critique my self analysis

Congrats! It looks like you've been completely honest with yourself and know what you need to do to improve your health and physique! Good job!! [img]/forum/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Once you develop a plan, be sure to post it here or in the Nutrition and Training sections for critique. You may also want to start a journal. It will most likely help with motivation.

Keep up the good work! And don't be afraid to ask questions and learn!!

Oh, and welcome to ABC!! [img]/forum/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 03-18-2005, 06:34 PM
nozzle should change his/her status!
National Champion

Default Re: please critique my self analysis

Sorry, forgot to post a link you may want to read. It's a beginner's guide put together by Fireproof.

Here

And you can read about ZMA here.
Closed Thread