PWO for wife!? - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Iron, Metal, & Steel!! > Female Specific Athletic Forum

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 03-01-2005, 09:27 PM
monkeyboy007 is on a 10wk clean-bulk
Middleweight

Default PWO for wife!?

Hello all - sorry, I have never posted in this forum but have been around for a little while. I was hoping for some brief advice re my wife...

She eats great for lunch and dinner - tons of fish or chicken with a big salad and lil dressing 90% of the time. Ive got her to have a very-little rye bread or potatoes from my meals in there too.

But her pre-and post workout meals consist of either nothing or a shake with milk. What should she really be having?

Hers her rundown: She does running, eliptical machines and steps at the moment for about 60-90mins 5 days pw and wants to lose weight (circa 12 pounds) which she thinks she gains thru sugars mostly bc she eats clean (although meals a bit far apart). We have just moved, but when we get back ito the swing of things she is also going to incorporate a couple of days aerobics and lifting (high rep range mostly).

She thinks my PWO window of opp is a bit weird and presumably its going to be dif for someone who does mostly cardio, right? All advice would be greatly appreciated - and Ill be sure to check this forum more often! Thanks in advance. MB

> The monkey don't know what the monkey don't see! <
Old 03-01-2005, 11:18 PM
X-Factor should change his/her status!
Super-Heavyweight

Default Re: PWO for wife!?

It's all here http://abcbodybuilding.com/windowofopportunity.php
Old 03-02-2005, 01:32 AM
CraZy-T! should change his/her status!
Middleweight

Cardio does not deplete muscle glycogen stores enough to warrant a weight lifting PWO shake. A big insulin spike is not necissary.

Just eating a balanced meal with lots of protein and complex carbs will do her well, but she does need more than just milk.
<font color="red">Starting BF%:</font> 16.0%
<font color="red">Current BF%:</font> 14.6%

Link to my Hyperplasia Challenge Journal
Old 03-02-2005, 08:50 AM
Middleweight

[ QUOTE ]
It's all here http://abcbodybuilding.com/windowofopportunity.php

[/ QUOTE ]

with respect, what I meant to say is that I thought her PWO might need to be dif to a weightlifting one since she does predominantly cardio and her goals are very different to mine of bulking.

The complex carbs and hi protein goes without saying. I guess what I am really after is specific direction in terms of diet plans, amounts of calories and ratios that suit her goals. If anyone knows of any sample diets or even just point me to a successful ladies journal - I will take it from there... I have done my own research but just want to corroborate it scientifically with all my fellow ABC'ers that are in the know.

Thanks again in advance.. MB

&gt; The monkey don't know what the monkey don't see! &lt;
Old 03-02-2005, 09:00 AM
nozzle should change his/her status!
National Champion

Her diet shouldn't be any different than yours as far as types of foods to eat, assuming you are on a clean diet.

If she's trying to cut, try taking a look at the 13 weeks diet. I've done that with great success.

As far as PWO nutrition, you are correct, if she's doing aerobics and cardio, she does not need a Window of Opportunity shake. She needs a good protein with complex carbs. The 13 weeks diet gives specific examples.

As for ladies' journals with diets, my old one (the link with "on hiatus" in my sig) has my diet in the beginning pages. The latter pages are more training and injury down time. Do a search for Tuf's old journal. I'm not sure if it's still accessible or not, but it's a great diet tool. Soccerchick's journal has her diet spread throughout. That should do for now.
Old 03-02-2005, 11:06 PM
Super-Heavyweight

Sorrym I kinda skipped through it I was busy. I just read the title. you said PWO not post cardio [img]/forum/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]....Protein and complex carbs about an hour after I'd say.
Old 03-02-2005, 11:23 PM
Middleweight

X and Nozzle thank you very much! These are the things that I suspected - I just wanted to be sure and be fully informed.

I'll check out that 13 week diet right now as well your journal, Nozzle. I have seen soccerchick and tuf around and respect that you are all very good at what you do and will check out those journals also. Thanks again, I appreciate it!

&gt; The monkey don't know what the monkey don't see! &lt;
Old 03-03-2005, 12:18 AM
Super-Heavyweight

These girls are awesome [img]/forum/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Closed Thread