Sport Specific Vert Training Journal - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Iron, Metal, & Steel!! > Online Training Journal

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 10-25-2004, 11:42 AM
LongHorn215 is back on his grind!!
Light-Heavyweight

Default Sport Specific Vert Training Journal

Today I am going to start a new vert training program based on a method that was recently brought to my attention by Yu. I will be training my vert in order to further increase my ability to dunk. I am as of now still unsure about how many days a week I will be training but I'll figure it out today based on how I feel after my first w/o. I will be measuring my current vert today and be posting it later. My w/o will basically be consisting of jumping up and dunking the ball at various heights until failure. I have done several vert programs in the past with the jumpsoles program giving the best gains(6 inches in 8 wks), so I expecting gains of around 6 inches, but I guess only time will tell.
Bench-255
Squat-425

Free Artest!!!

"Too many murders, too many funerals and too many tears..Just seen another brother buried, plus I knew him for years..Pass by his family, but what could I say...Keep your head up and try to keep faith and pray for those better dayz"
--From Better Dayz

The Truth Tour

RIP Sean Taylor
RIP Pimp C
RIP Bernie Mac
RIP Issac Hayes
Old 10-29-2004, 02:42 PM
Light-Heavyweight

Default Re: Sport Specific Vert Training Journal

ALright, I started my program and measured my vert on Wednesday(It was pouring rain on Monday when I was going to start, it almost never rains in EL Paso, some luck). My current vert is 31 inches(down 3 inches from the last time I measuered it). I started off slow to try and get back into "jumping mode". I bascially just jumped up and dunked the ball as many times as I could. I first started @10ft and then lowered it to 9ft and then 8ft.

10ft- I was only able to dunk it 5 times before I started missing. I then just continued to jump up and grab the rim for another 15 times.
9ft- I then lowered it to 9 feet and dunked 20 more times.(By this time I was really hurting)
8ft- Then at 8 feet I dunked it another 20 times.

I then stretched for 10 minutes, threw back a shake, and took a siesta(I was dead tired). I am prolly going to stay w/ this routine for a week or two, just to get my body(mainly my knees) used to the constant pounding from jumping.
Bench-255
Squat-425

Free Artest!!!

"Too many murders, too many funerals and too many tears..Just seen another brother buried, plus I knew him for years..Pass by his family, but what could I say...Keep your head up and try to keep faith and pray for those better dayz"
--From Better Dayz

The Truth Tour

RIP Sean Taylor
RIP Pimp C
RIP Bernie Mac
RIP Issac Hayes
Old 11-01-2004, 12:31 PM
Light-Heavyweight

Default Re: Sport Specific Vert Training Journal

I am going to continue with the same # of reps as last week. I just don't know how long I am going to be able to last b/c my knees are killing me(and all only after 1 week). I'll just have to see how it goes this week and if my knees are still trashed, then I think it'll be time to go back to Jumpsoles.
Bench-255
Squat-425

Free Artest!!!

--From Better Dayz

The Truth Tour

RIP Sean Taylor
RIP Pimp C
RIP Bernie Mac
RIP Issac Hayes
Closed Thread