SouthernIce's Training Journal--gettin outta the "200 lb" club!--comments welcome - Page 4 - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Iron, Metal, & Steel!! > Online Training Journal

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 09-16-2004, 12:06 PM
SouthernIcedTea should change his/her status!

Default WEDNESDAY 8-15-04--LEG DAY

3X15 on all

Leg extention--60 lb
Lying leg curl--45 lb
sissy squats--0 lb
lying dumbell curl--15lb
squats 65 lb (10's--feet together, shoulder width and wide stance)

last 4 sets (to one end of the ring and back=1 set)
--rope ducking. (this is an exercise done with training for boxing. A rope is stretched across the ring--even with the shoulders or a little lower. . then you have to baby step across the ring, ducking from side to side under the rope, without touching it.)

this was my first workout going up to 3 sets on everything.. though i still did lighter weight on some exercises ( i could have done heavier weight). . i left the gym and my knees could barely hold me up.. they kept buckling.
<font color="red">BODY FOR LIFE-(a foundation)</font>--IF YOU DONT WORK ON IT FOR LIFE--THEN DID YOU REALLY DO IT? It's a journey where success is measured by what you gain, not by what you lose. . .It's not about weight loss. . .Its about gaining enery, increasing strenth, renewing health AND decreasing body fat. . .its about gaining muscle, gaining self respect, self-awareness, . . self trust. . .self esteem. Gaining control of your life!"
<font color="red">MY REASONS</font>live healthier, feel better physically, mentally, emotionally, learn to be proactive (plan) instead of reactive, build endurance, a *stronger back*, organize better, a clearer mind, more energy, lose fat, better fitting clothes, self trust-- learning to fullfil promises to my self, for good habits to pass on to my family & children (when i have them). . most of all--inspire others and SHOW THEM--IT CAN BE DONE!
<font color="red">CURRENT STATS</font>
Female/Height:5ft.3in Weight:218 Body fat: 32% Neck:15in Chest: 48in Biceps: 16in Waist: 40in Hips: 46in Upper thigh: 26in Calves:16in
<font color="green">"I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me."--Philippians 4:13
"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen."-- Hebrews 11:1
</font>

Old 09-22-2004, 12:10 PM

Default Getting back on track--Again

Worked out last week Mon-Thursday. . .

Friday--Sun and part of monday i had strep throat. .. ech. It seems like my body is working against me.. everytime i try to get back in the swing of things. . something comes up. . .

i have a plan, a work out plan--that i know works. .. a nutrition plan. . now its just. . getting my **** body to cooperate!

Today.. i went to the track. I had lots of errands. . .i found it was a little difficult to do my regular 3 miles .. i had to put out more effort.. i think the rest of this week. . im going to the track every day through sunday . . and just working on cardio and stretching. ..
<font color="red">BODY FOR LIFE-(a foundation)</font>--IF YOU DONT WORK ON IT FOR LIFE--THEN DID YOU REALLY DO IT? It's a journey where success is measured by what you gain, not by what you lose. . .It's not about weight loss. . .Its about gaining enery, increasing strenth, renewing health AND decreasing body fat. . .its about gaining muscle, gaining self respect, self-awareness, . . self trust. . .self esteem. Gaining control of your life!"
<font color="red">MY REASONS</font>live healthier, feel better physically, mentally, emotionally, learn to be proactive (plan) instead of reactive, build endurance, a *stronger back*, organize better, a clearer mind, more energy, lose fat, better fitting clothes, self trust-- learning to fullfil promises to my self, for good habits to pass on to my family & children (when i have them). . most of all--inspire others and SHOW THEM--IT CAN BE DONE!
Female/Height:5ft.3in Weight:218 Body fat: 32% Neck:15in Chest: 48in Biceps: 16in Waist: 40in Hips: 46in Upper thigh: 26in Calves:16in
<font color="green">"I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me."--Philippians 4:13
"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen."-- Hebrews 11:1
</font>

Old 09-25-2004, 03:07 PM

Default Re: Getting back on track--Again

I felt better this week than i have in a month! I worked out on schedule. . i have a last workout for the week today. . which im on my way to do now. . i slept very late. . as a result from partying too much ...

so now its work out, laundry and shopping on a late sat afternoon, when i should be curled up in somebodys arms . . watching a movie and chilling.. sigh*

ya'll have a beautiful rest of the weekend!
</font>

Old 10-04-2004, 12:02 AM

Still doing track work. I havent been in much. I'm house sitting for a friend. . so i don't get a chance to get to the computer much.

For the next three weeks. im doing mostly track work. . building up my endurance for this 5K race on 10/16
</font>

Old 10-20-2004, 10:28 AM

Well guys.. I've been doing just track work since the beginning of october to get ready for a race on 10/16 (i've never had the nerve to enter one before so this is a big thing for me)

I've been going to the track and doing a minimum of 3 miles two days on, and 1 day off. . .

so far this has been my body's reaction.

My legs hurt, i've lost not much weight or fat at all (could be my attention to nutrition lately . . . or that i havent lifted any weights).. My endurance has greatly improved. . and I love challenging my self to run farther, and farther.

I did the race, I still had to stop a few times to walk, and I could not run fast--I only did a mere jog to try and last as long as possible. . . though i wasnt first. . i sure wasnt last. . . and that alone made me happy.

I've got 2 more weeks in my plan of running 2 days on, 1 off, before I plan to start adding weight lifting again

There is a race in November for charity, i plan to enter it for fun. . . im trying more and more to find weekend activities that keep my active like this. ..

This weekend, Im doing habitat for humanity . . helping build houses from 8am to 12noon.. then going latin dancing that night. .

this being a body building site... most of ya are probably horrified that i pushed back the weight lifting for a while. . i consider it an experiment. .. now i will know what how my body reacts to just cardio. . and how it reacts to cardio & lifting combined. . . i probably won't switch up again. . . unless. . im training for something cardio related.
</font>

Old 10-23-2004, 10:02 AM

yesterday I should've been at the track-- Instead i changed my schedule to go help build houses with Habitat for Humanity.

I manage 8 supervisors and we like to go on group, teambuilding outings once a month. Once we went floating dow the itchituknee river in tire tubes, once we just went bowling, once it was dinner and a movie.

The most fun we've ever had--working our butts off for Habitat for Humanity. We ended up on a landscaping project. So we spent the morning shoveling and leveling dirt on the whole property. . .then when that was done (because we got down way sooner than anyone expected us too considering all the lauging, joking and singing we did all the while working). . then we were sent to another site to lay sod.

Im glad one of my supervisors suggested it for a group activity. I think we plan to go twice a month to help out!
</font>

Old 10-23-2004, 09:16 PM
RuthRose should change his/her status!
Rookie

[ QUOTE ]
yesterday I should've been at the track-- Instead i changed my schedule to go help build houses with Habitat for Humanity.

I manage 8 supervisors and we like to go on group, teambuilding outings once a month. Once we went floating dow the itchituknee river in tire tubes, once we just went bowling, once it was dinner and a movie.

The most fun we've ever had--working our butts off for Habitat for Humanity. We ended up on a landscaping project. So we spent the morning shoveling and leveling dirt on the whole property. . .then when that was done (because we got down way sooner than anyone expected us too considering all the lauging, joking and singing we did all the while working). . then we were sent to another site to lay sod.

Im glad one of my supervisors suggested it for a group activity. I think we plan to go twice a month to help out!

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey if your gonna miss your workout, This is the way to do it! Sounds like you had fun working for a good cause.\

Good for you!
[img]/forum/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Closed Thread