Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Iron, Metal, & Steel!! > Online Training Journal

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 09-20-2004, 01:54 AM
Poet should change his/her status!
Stranger

Default Iron The Poet training journal

Welcome to my log!
Im a brazilian man... man??ok perhaps a boy. That is working hard to be someone soon [img]/forum/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
So let's go down to business.

Monday is Training day.. since i in this given period i'm working two days for a week these days are Monday an Thursday.

All body workouts with compound movements mainly.

Warm up - Either i come running from home to the gym or i get to the stepping machine for some sweting.
Well in monday the routine goes like that:

First set of torture:

Deadlift with dumbells/Flat bench. no rest between the two exercises

I have good resistance thanx to martial arts training so i find it easy to go heavy in both.
How many reps? i don't count reps anymore.only in cases it helps me go beyond my limits,but most of the time no reps are counted the duration of the exercise is what my body seems to need.
Since i try to go heavier and heavier in both in the bench the aproach is traditional,with feet on the ground.
The duration of the bench is short but the deadlift is made in a slow pace with emphasis on the negative!

Second Set -
Bench with feets in the air/dumbell fyes/Bent over row(yates style) with shocking insanities like hanging contracions or/and VENOM rows (thanx for this big time exercise).I only stop when i'm sure that no rep is gonna come, even if cheating.

Third Set -
Preacher curls. make the exercise until i reach failure and
then proceed to cable isolation curls with no rest.

Fouth Set and Fifth set -
Triceps work. these i change every workout or in a two weeks range maximum.
For this monday i will do inclined extensions for one set and the second is gonna the exercise my instinct tells me. probably some easy exercise like cable extensions and do it in a shocking way with some rest pause and estatic contraction.

Sixth and Seventh set -
Shoulders [img]/forum/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
I start with standing rows. arms in shoulder width until failure,then i proceed to lateral raises with the body leaning a litlle forward,fist one arm at a time and with the two later.then i get some rest. 1 minute!
For the second and final set cuban rotations stopping on the top of movement and doing a press.. at this point my triceps is totally killed so this exercise demands more of my shoulders!

Final calves set - this is so evil that my calves get sore for a week.
Standing calf raise.Slow pace. in the top contraction i give a count of ten,then i lower for a good stretch and give a count of 5.
Do this for 10 times or something like that. rest for a count of ten and do the same again. rest for a count of 5 and do all the same again.Rest for 30 seconds
Seated calf raise - the same principle of the standing calf raise. but only two sets.
Between all the Main sets i rest for 1 minute,except in conjugated exercises or in the case of calves.

Now im off to sleep to lift some iron excuse me.
Weight - 143
Arm - 14"

New to the iron game but with commitment to do it right.

Little distortion occurs here and there but we can fix it with truth.
Old 09-21-2004, 01:08 AM
Stranger

Default Re: Iron The Poet training journal

Iron speaking.
The workout was brutal... i was shaking all over and did calves later after some rest.
Some changes occur when i was in the gym. (they occur all the time)
I did one set of deadlift with dumbbells for.. what i manage to get then i did one set of pullovers.
The bench was not at the very best but i manage to get one rep of maximum effort,five reps with decrasing range and 10 seconds of lockout,then i proceed to the fly machine and did more 10 reps.
the rowing yates style occured with no problems. after failure in rep 12 did contractions with the hanging weight.. and it was a pretty good feeling.

The second set of bench was exact the same i stated.
Then i did venom rows and rows with the arm stiff.
both were made in a slow pace looking for total contraction and feeling!

the sets of biceps and triceps were cool and very demanding.
The two sets of shoulders finished with my nervous system [img]/forum/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
After some rest in home i returned to gym to do calvez. about 15 minutes of training and i'm off to my home again.

The nutrition is ok and now is time to rest. Again [img]/forum/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Weight - 143
Arm - 14"

Old 09-22-2004, 11:47 PM
Stranger

Wow i was thinking of running only today because i wasn't sure if i was going to be recovered from last session. but i was! with exception of my calves.. that will be blasted to oblivion soon, in fryday.

Today the workout was upper body consisting of:
First set - Db presses for chest to failure/fly machine to post failure.
one arm bent rows for back/stiff arms extension

Second Set - don't know how to name these variations or explain then. but was superset for my chest and back
with medium intensity and brutal burn. to make things cooler i make some shoulder blades shrrug

Third set - biceps time.
Standing curls with the straigth bar. one set, rest paused until i can't do other rep with only my biceps,rack the weight and rest for ten seconds,squeeze two more reps,clihangin in the pullup bar for 10 seconds in fingertips,squeeze one more rep in the biceps and static contraction near the bottom position,rack the weight,cliffhang for more ten seconds in fingertips,squeeze one more rep and static contraction near the bottom and im done.

Fourth set - Triceps
I pick two DB and sit on the flat bench and began done extensions in varing angles including the "old school extension" until failure, then i cliffhang for ten seconds and return for one more shot at triceps.. this tame with less reps but burning more!
i rest a litlle and..

Fifth and sixth set - shoulders
i began with the "20 rep protocol" in lateral raises
choose a weight in i reached failure in the 8 or 9 rep and go rest pausing my way until the 20 reps.
For the other set i taken a weight more heavy and leaned a litlle forward and did: one arm lateral raise and front raise.. then the other arm and so on.

Seventh set - traps
They are kinda lacking so i came to then.. they were already real sore from monday and now wed training so i take two DB, sit and began doing shrugs in a controled place with lots of squeezing and relaxation on the botom part.. and it helped destroy the rest of my forearms.
Thats all for today.. no signs of overtraining only hipertrophy in a good pace [img]/forum/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

more food and i'm off to bed!
Weight - 143
Arm - 14"

Old 09-23-2004, 11:05 PM
Stranger

Again. today was rest day.
The recovering is going nicely and tomorrow is another day for other fullbody blast, this time with emphasis on the legs.

A superset of Back squats and front squats is what gonna happen tomorrow [img]/forum/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
My shoulders seems to be impervious to bain.. they are becoming masoquists. the harder i hit then,more they want.. and sooner!
the triceps and the back are going this way too.. it's good they grow in no time.
The reduction of sets and increase of the intensity was the single best thing i could ever do for my training!
Now in one or two sets maximum i can bash my muscles and they are with less residues to clean in the resting time so the recovery is quicker, allowing me to hit then again!
Let's see how i'm gonna be tomorrow..!
Weight - 143
Arm - 14"

Old 09-24-2004, 11:08 PM
Stranger

After posting these days of training i came to a conclusion:
since i'm a moisture of instant reaction to changes/ abstract thinking i always listen to my body since it shows to me what i really need.. then the workouts always change. and i like to use whatever i came up in the moment, im not the type of following a strict regimem. you know it's gotta be fun [img]/forum/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
So this trainning journal will not describe my workouts but rather the things in the workout.

Today it was leg blast.two compound exercises in superset. pretty easy,next time i have to think of something worse.

and some chest work.again. pretty light in the body but still highly productive.and quick.
Today i hit back from a diferent angle.. against every belief i'm doing fullbody three times a week with moderate to high intensity. no signs of overtraining. in fact the mass is coming every single workout.
Today i hit bis from a variety of angles in the straigth bar,alternating with cliffhangers from the pull up bar.

Triceps work.. was in normal standards.
the 20 rep protocol was very cool to do in extensions [img]/forum/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

shoulder.. they were in the their full glory but the traps were still a litlle sore.
so what i did?upright rows with DB, which place less stress in my traps.20 reps with each arm with good weight. people giving me that stare looks that the insane receive [img]/forum/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
and did some cuban rotations with presses. many reps. i didn't count. i feel like i could do then for a loooooong time. so when i get bored i stopped [img]/forum/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
later in the same day i returned to blast the calves into oblivion and some ab work in the machine... never gonna try that machine again. its too light. its better doing the hanging abs in the pull up bar [img]/forum/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Iron out.
Weight - 143
Arm - 14"

Closed Thread