With a vengeance... - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Iron, Metal, & Steel!! > Online Training Journal

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 09-06-2004, 09:47 PM
BTrain should change his/her status!
Stranger

Default With a vengeance...

So today was day one of starting with the freeweights. Talk about feeling like a wimp [img]/forum/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

I haven't been at weightlifting period for very long, and was doing 70-80 on biceps, 50 on triceps, 130 on rows, 130 on chest press, and 150 on lower back. Not alot but better then what I was able to do earlier this year. Back to today, though.

Starting with my biceps, I thought it would be no problem to continue with what I had currently been doing, little did I realize exactly how much help machines can give and went to the 20lbers on each arm, didn't feel very manly though...

Did 4 exercises for my bis with weights in the 20-30lb range, and then 3 diff cable exercises for my tris - getting 30 lbs - 50lbs on them, and getting near or even to failure on all of my sets with every exercise. Good pump though.

Decided to start with a cutting diet, I'd like to drop 10-20 lbs and then I'll be happy, though even 10 will be fine just to cut down a little before I start on bulking and building.

I'll be picking up some whey from GNC and be going on a low carb diet looking something like -

Meal 1(breakfast) - Oatmeal + whey, Multivitamin

Meal 2 - Protein shake

Meal 3 - Chicken breast or tuna + spinach salad

(workout)

Meal 4 - PWO shake

Meal 5 - Vary some form of low fat meat, green vegetables, sweet potatoe

Meal 6 - Protein shake

This is just a basic plan formed from what I was told at the gym, so any suggestions would be welcome.
Old 09-06-2004, 10:58 PM
bimmerbuddy530i should change his/her status!
Bantamweight

Default Re: With a vengeance...

read 13 weeks hardcore fat burning diet and workout
Old 09-11-2004, 09:11 PM
BTrain should change his/her status!
Stranger

Default Re: With a vengeance...

Alright, haven't updated all week, my arms were so sore the next day that I couldn't manage anything at the gym, so I took a few days off to let them heal up a bit more...aside from light cardio though I haven't started on anything more. My left bicep is feeling fine now(and even in just one workout I've noticed a difference in size/shape...guess because I worked parts I wasn't working before) but my right bicep still has this really bad shooting pain in it more towards the upper-inside area.

Looking forward to giving it a full week at the gym come monday, and been sticking to my low carb/high protein diet for a week now, not really sure if I've lost anything though.
Closed Thread