Summer Lifting Journal - Page 69 - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Iron, Metal, & Steel!! > Online Training Journal

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 08-19-2004, 08:28 AM
sta63bmx should change his/her status!
National Champion

Default Re: Yay, 164!

THey are a fire and forget kind of deal, no prep at all. When I say omelette, I just mean "The eggs are all in one big chunk."

PBR is part of my white trash heritage. I think it's genetic! I have a blue ribbon birthmark on my right shoulder....j/k.

What a pleasant week this has been. Not. Between scrabbling for work (still waiting on one class to make enrollment), wondering how I'll pay my mortgage next month, struggling with all of the work in the lab, and enjoying being treated like [*%#*%*#] at home last night, I'm wondering if I shouldn't start every single day with a forty. Ugh.

My shoulder is feeling much better, and I am just going to lay out this week and max next week. As crazy as things are, I think that might be the best plan.

I am worried about being able to pay my bills next month. It's rough here, no joke. Ha, I'll wind up teaching at least eight hours worth of classes and trying to finish research with clapped out equipment on top of that! Don't go to grad school. Run for your life.

If there's anything that could drive me to alcoholism, I think this semester might be it! We'll see how it goes.
Old 08-19-2004, 08:32 AM
National Champion

[ QUOTE ]
JP...dude, if your going to indulge with the brew go with the good stuff like Murpheys or Guiness.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't forget how broke I am. I can either drop $8 on a six pack of Guiness, or get a half case of PBR for $6. Believe me, this week I haven't been drinking beer for the taste...I have been drinking to try and relax. I would really prefer Bombay over ice for that, but again, it comes down to the money.

I very rarely drink anymore. But there are sometimes when I just want a drink. Sometimes I like having a drink because it tastes good, especally if you're getting a good meal. There are other times when I JUST WANT A DRINK. I can't bring myself to trash my diet like that very often, but sometimes I think it's worth it.

Some people would probably label me an alcoholic for that, and I don't really care. I probably drink less in a year than most college kids drink in a week.
Old 08-19-2004, 09:58 AM
CoLDTuRKeY should change his/her status!
Super-Heavyweight

Man you're not giving me a very glimmering view of what I have to look forward to in college...
Height - 6'2"
Bench - 440 lbs
Squat - 505 lbs.
Dead Lift - 545 lbs.
Power Clean - 315 lbs.

My Training Journal

Proverbs 3: 25-26...
Be not afraid of sudden fear, neither of the desolation of the wicked,when it cometh. For the Lord shall be thy confidence, and shall keep thy foot from being taken.

Old 08-20-2004, 09:31 AM
LegendaryWatcher should change his/her status!
Olympia Contender

Hang in there bud. We all have tough times. Take me for instance, I got in a huge flamin' shouting match with my pops cause my transmission blew up on my truck. Now I am broke with no car, in debt to my ears, and already have a full plate of my own. Dude I feel you with the rough times bud. The livin' check to check and payin' the minimums while throwin back some white trash blue ribbons is pretty much what life can be about sometimes. I gave up drinking for good reasons but dudes like you who can chill like that, rock on. Take care bro and enjoy yourself.
Old 08-21-2004, 04:59 PM
mr.selfdestruct should change his/her status!
Light-Heavyweight

I was actually kinda looking forward to finishing school and eventually moving out and becoming independant before coming in here.... [img]/forum/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]
Old 08-23-2004, 09:34 PM
National Champion

Never move out. Ever. If you do, don't move away.

The week off was pleasant. Very nice. My hips and adductors are back to normal, but my left glute-ham tie in is still a little sore. I think that last cycle was pretty destructive, but hopefully in a good way.

My schedule is incredibly hectic right now, but I am hoping to max towards the end of this week, and please, God, let me get these cut pictures before I get fat! I have been just making sure I eat my minimums and cheating some on top of that with a couple animal crackers or some banana chips here and there. next week I can get in and lift a few days, and then we'll be on vacation.

I really want to get in some high volume work next week and burn it out before vacation. When I get back, I'll start a new cycle and a new journal. I didn't bother messing with a cycle right now since my schedule was only finalized today around noon. Last minute, indeed.

But I got 2 dozen eggs for a dollar again tonight. They're only "medium" but there's the same amount of protein, so I'll assume that the whites have the same amount of protein as a "large" egg. I have a feeling they're all the same, but they just put different sizes on them to screw with you.

This Darkened Heart by All That Remains is still the go-to album. Anthems of Rebellion by Arch Enemy is also turning out to be pretty good so far, and I like what I've heard of New Found Power by Damageplan.

In unrelated news, my wife has decided that a female coworker (and former classmate) is my "girlfriend". Yeah, you know how these deals go. Ugh....
Old 09-01-2004, 05:20 PM
National Champion

Three things.

1. Teaching math part-time.
2. Being the head TA for a lab at school.
3. Trying to run my own research project and finish my thesis.

My schedule has gone to hell. But my shoulder feels 100%. And tomorrow we are leavin for vacation. I am going to call this my last post in the summer lifting journal. I will take cut pictures while we are at the beach this week. Weight is still holding steady at 161-165, depending on how much water I drink in a day. I am still looking like I was, despite a slightly more relaxed diet. I have a feeling that when I go back to a really strict diet, even bulking, that I'm going to burn a little more fat for a while. My metabolism has gotten used to no exercise over the last couple weeks.

So I am done with the summer lifting journal. No more. When I come back I will start a new journal for the fall bulking cycle. I achieved almost all of my goals this summer.

1. I got down to 165 pounds.
2. I got my six-pack, even if it's not completely shredded.
3. I got two out of three of my old maxes back.

This fall, hypertrophy-oriented pec and shoulder work on top of my Westside split. I will probably run the first cycle with some higher rep work just to get back into the swing of things, but by Halloween, we'll be ending the second cycle, and hopefully we'll see 405 without much problem.

Thanks to everybody for the information and encouragement in this journal.

I will be out of town until about 9/12/04, but I'll be back on the 13th. And I should be lifting that day. Early. On that day, the time of reckoning will come. And I will arise to reign in blood over the weak and the lazy, and crushing destruction will be in my hand. May the burning hell of Lord Franco's wratch consume them, and may I be purified in spirit for his coming that I may crush all who oppose underneath a fist of iron.

See you in a few weeks.
Old 09-01-2004, 06:57 PM
MansonOzz should change his/her status!
Olympia Champion

[ QUOTE ]
This fall, hypertrophy-oriented pec and shoulder work

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea, that's right!! If you didn't listen to me I was going to un-recommend All That Remains and somehow make sure you were stuck listening to Korn instead. So don't screw with me!

[img]/forum/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Closed Thread