viper483's Online Training Journal - The Journey - Page 2 - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Iron, Metal, & Steel!! > Online Training Journal

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 08-23-2004, 01:56 AM
viper483 should change his/her status!
Stranger

Default Re: viper483\'s Online Training Journal - The Journey

For the rest of this week, I'll stick to the workout below so that I don't lose motivation.
[ QUOTE ]

Day 1 - Chest, Shoulders, Traps
Day 4 - Hamstrings, thighs and calves
Day 3 - Abs and Back (plus cardio workout)
Day 2 - Biceps, Triceps, Forearms

[/ QUOTE ]

However, next week I want to start something that'll be cemented in for about three months.

If my main aims were to burn fat, would I be better off supersetting body parts?
I was looking through the '13 weeks to hardcore fat burning' workout and the '12 week workout' and they both seemed to have different forms of burning fat. One included supersetting and cardio once a week, while the other had a completely different workout plan.

[ QUOTE ]

Monday: chest, shoulders, triceps,
Tuesday: cardio, abs
Wednesday: Quads, Hamstrings, and Calves
Thursday: cardio, abs
Friday: back, biceps, forearms

[/ QUOTE ]

Which of these workouts would I be better off following, if any (meaning should I do something that I make up myself?).

[ QUOTE ]
and for cardio, could u make it in the am before school or work, about 15-30 min of hiit??

[/ QUOTE ]

I used to do cardio in the mornings, but I've had to start catching the bus to school so I've had to change my whole routine. At the moment, I walk home from school (about 8km's) at an average pace. This couldn't count as my main cardio workout, so before my workout, I also do 10-30 mins of HIIT (depending on whether it's a cardio night or not).
I'm aware of the body burning more fat in the mornings, but the way my family functions in the mornings wouldn't leave me for time to wake up at 5:45, do some HIIT, have a shower and then get ready for school.
Old 08-24-2004, 05:40 AM
viper483 should change his/her status!
Stranger

Default Re: viper483\'s Online Training Journal - The Journey

Well it's been a busy couple of days and I finally found some time to jump on the net.

Ive been working out every-day since Sunday now and Im pretty happy with the workouts Ive been doing. Diet leaves a bit to be desired for though, haha.
Im now officially addicted to oats now (though I eat them with a spoon of sugar :\) so Im loving them for breakfast. Lunch is pretty limited and dinner is basically whatever mum cooks (or I cook, depends what time shes home).

Anyway, Sundays workout was chest/shoulders/traps.

<font color="green"> Chest </font>
Flat dumbbell Bench - 3 Sets (10,12,10)
Included some static contraction on the last set. Felt great!

Incline Bench Press &amp;#8211; 3 sets (12,10,8)
Another 30 sec static contraction on last set here.

Flat Dumbbell Bench &amp;#8211; 3 sets of 1.5 rep (10,8,6)

Non-Peak Dumbbell flies &amp;#8211; 3 sets (15,12,15)
Used a lighter weight than I would&amp;#8217;ve normally used here. Included a couple of extra reps.

<font color="green">Shoulders</font>
Side Laterals &amp;#8211; Only 1 set of 12 followed by a 30 second static strip.
Not many reps. The static strip killed me though.

Front Raises - *same as above*

Seated Rear Delt Laterals &amp;#8211; 12 Reps &amp;#8211; 1 minute of posing.

<font color="green">Traps</font>
Shrugs &amp;#8211; 3 sets (15,20,25) followed by partial repetitions (3,6,9)

It was a pretty light intensity workout IMO. It was late in the afternoon, and I was in a lazy Sunday mood, so I didnt get my full potential
I love working my traps; Im looking to bulk them up a bit so I may throw in a few extra trap exercises during the week.
I can think of no possible way to do decline barbell bench presses on my bench, so I just swapped it for a regular bench press.

Mondays workout was bicep/tricep/forearm.

<font color="green">Biceps/Triceps</font>

Barbell Curls 4 sets (12,10,8,12)
45 second static contraction

supersetted with

Behind the back dips 4 sets (12,10,8,12)
Used a slightly lighter weight than the bicep curls. Super-setting is something Id like to incorporate into more of my workouts

Incline bench curls 4 sets (12,10,8,12)

Supersetted with

One-arm dumbbell extensions 4 sets (12,10,8,12)

Incline dumbbell curls 4 sets (12,10,8,12)

Supersetted with

Close grips triceps bench 4 sets (12,10,8,12)

Flexed bicep and tricep muscles for 1:45 afterwards. Blood pump was great! (I forget what this technique is called)

<font color="green">Forearms</font>

Easy curl bar reverse wrist curls 3 sets (20,15,25)
Stripped the weight a bit in the last set. Used a regular bar because I dont have an easy-curl bar.

Reverse Barbell Curl 3 sets (12,10,10)

All in all, this was a pretty decent workout. The work rate was pretty high and I felt good after I was done.
NOTE: I warmed up and stretched before the entire workout, I just forgot to mention it

Tuesday (today) was cardio abs/back

Started off with 5 minutes of low intensity warm-up followed by about 8 minutes of stretches

Cardio
Did 18 minutes of HIIT training afterwards, 30 second intervals.

<font color="green">Abs</font>
30 Leg raises, 30 second static strip
60 crunches, 10-15 crunches per set
50 crunches 10-15 crunches per set
60 crunches using ab cruncher machine thingy (lighter intensity than normal crunches) did about 20 per set.

<font color="green">Back </font>

Bent over rows 3sets (15,12,15)

Lying barbell rows 3 sets (12,10,12)

Deadlift 3 sets (3,5,3)

Good Mornings 3 sets (3,5,3)

All in all, a reasonably good workout. I find it extremely hard to do ab workouts. Im going to include ab exercises two days a week to help them grow, because I can not for the life of me do twisting crunches. Normal crunches are fine, but I cant do them without a rest every 15-20. This is one part of my body I really wish to improve

As for my back, my upper back is great. My lower back however, isnt so good. As it is now, I have to go to the chiropractor once a month to get my lower back fixed because when I was younger, I had a bad habit of slouching over therefore basically screwing up my lower back. I find it VERY hard to do lower back exercises and I can barely do any deadlifts or good mornings.
I hope to strengthen my lower back by maybe doing a few more back exercises during the week and including swimming in my cardio once summer comes.

As for my split for next week, Im leaning towards this..

Monday Chest, Shoulder, Traps
Tuesday Biceps, Triceps, Forearms
Wednesday Cardio, Abs, Back
Thursday Hamstrings, Thighs, Calves
Friday Rest (include a couple of trap exercises, small workout)
Saturday Rest
Sunday Rest (Throw in some abs and back exercises seeing as how these are two areas I really want to target.)
Closed Thread