Getting There - Bombflower's Diet & Training Journal - Page 9 - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Iron, Metal, & Steel!! > Online Training Journal

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 08-19-2004, 07:24 AM
soccerchick should change his/her status!
Olympia Contender

Default Re: Getting There - Bombflower\'s Diet & Training Journal

all we can do is take this diet thing one day at a time. if i do that, i find its easier to keep on track. if i think, i have to eat clean for the next month, everyday, its kinda discouraging. but if i think i have to eat good today, then its easier. i just have to say that everyday without thinking about it too much. heh
Old 08-19-2004, 10:28 AM
bombflower should change his/her status!
Super-Heavyweight

[ QUOTE ]
all we can do is take this diet thing one day at a time. if i do that, i find its easier to keep on track. if i think, i have to eat clean for the next month, everyday, its kinda discouraging. but if i think i have to eat good today, then its easier. i just have to say that everyday without thinking about it too much. heh

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmm. Great idea. I never thought of it that way. I'm usually always thinking about how long it'll end up taking me to get to a body fat percent I am more comfortable with that allows me to see more definition. I always have "long term" stuck in my head when I know it's possible in a few months.
Weight: 140
Squat Max: 225
Bench Max: 120

My training & diet journal
My bodyfat % and weight chart
My fitday account
Old 08-20-2004, 06:42 AM
Super-Heavyweight

<font color="deeppink">Friday, August 20, 2004 </font>
Wow. Am I feeling it in my abs today. I hadn't worked them properly in at least a month. Yesterday I got bored and decided to try the ab workout in the Oxygen magazine and it killed my abs. All non-weighted exercises. I didn't even get the last two exercises in there done. I am having some decent DOMS in my legs already as well.

From now on I will only be having 10g of Dextrose and 10g of Maltodextrine in my PWO shakes. This is to eliminate some of the carbs. in my diet in order to keep me around the 20% carbohydrate ratio of my diet.

Luckily I only have cardio tonight! I may go for a walk this morning/afternoon though if I get bored. Or wash my car or clean around the apartment.

<font color="orange">Diet: Calorie cycle week 2 day 2</font>

<font color="FFD800">Calories: 1700</font>

<font color="71D100">Meal 1 @ 9 a.m.</font>
1 scoop protein
1/4 c. oats
sweetener
water
multi-vitamin
1g vitamin c

<font color="71D100">Meal 2 @ 11 a.m.</font>
5 oz. ham, lean eaten only (Mmmmm! This ham taste soooo good!!)
10 cucumber slices
1 tsp. flax oil
2 fish oil caplets
water

<font color="71D100">Meal 3 @ 1 p.m.</font>
1.5 scoops protein
10 cucumber slices
1 tsp. flax oil
2 fish oil caplets
water

<font color="71D100">Meal 4 @ 4:30 p.m. / pre-cardio</font>
1 home made protein bar (oats, water, natty pb, whey)
water
b-complex
600mg calcium+d

<font color="71D100">Meal 5 @ / post-cardio</font>

<font color="71D100">Meal 6 @ </font>

<font color="71D100">Meal 7 @ </font>

<font color="1A99FF">Totals</font>

<font color="F046FF">Workout</font>
Cardio

My fitday account
Old 08-20-2004, 08:40 AM
LegendaryWatcher should change his/her status!
Olympia Contender

It's amazing how bad your abs can develop a wicked case of DOMS from just body weight exercises. During my last cut I used to do these sick 40 minute ab routines with like 5-600 reps and it just crushed me the next morning everytime. I did all that to find out I have no mass down there. So now I am concentrating on weights to bring my abs out. Keep up the great work BF. You're doing great and SC was right. All you can do is take the diet aspect of BB one day at a time.
Old 08-20-2004, 10:44 AM
Super-Heavyweight

[ QUOTE ]
It's amazing how bad your abs can develop a wicked case of DOMS from just body weight exercises. During my last cut I used to do these sick 40 minute ab routines with like 5-600 reps and it just crushed me the next morning everytime. I did all that to find out I have no mass down there. So now I am concentrating on weights to bring my abs out. Keep up the great work BF. You're doing great and SC was right. All you can do is take the diet aspect of BB one day at a time.

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm pretty sure I have some ab mass because I can clearly feel them under my fat and I can feel each one. I do love using the weighted ab machine though.

My fitday account
Old 08-20-2004, 03:35 PM
Tuf should change his/her status!
Mr. Universe

[ QUOTE ]
Wow. Am I feeling it in my abs today. I hadn't worked them properly in at least a month. Yesterday I got bored and decided to try the ab workout in the Oxygen magazine and it killed my abs. All non-weighted exercises. I didn't even get the last two exercises in there done. I am having some decent DOMS in my legs already as well.

[/ QUOTE ]
Cool, Bomb! Abs DOMS is rare for me, so I love it when they are sore! [img]/forum/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
<font color="blue">We taped a lot of famous pictures on the locker-room door: Bobby Orr, Potvin, Beliveau, all holding the Stanley Cup. We'd stand back and look at them and envision ourselves doing it. I really believe if you visualize yourself doing something, you can make that image come true...I must have rehearsed it ten thousand times. And when it came true it was like an electric jolt went up my spine.</font>
-Wayne Gretzky

http://www.rhondariley.com/009/thumbs/005.jpg
"When prepping for a show, I look at my body as my grade and the training and diet as my homework. If I do my homework I will get a good grade."
-Rhonda Riley

<font color="009999">Click Here for ABC's Forum Rules</font>
<font color="purple">Click Here for ABC's Index of Bible Studies</font>
Old 08-20-2004, 03:56 PM
Super-Heavyweight

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Cool, Bomb! Abs DOMS is rare for me, so I love it when they are sore! [img]/forum/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I wish they were rare for me. It seems no matter what I do when I do ab workouts the next day I feel DOMS in them, sometimes worse sometimes not so bad. Maybe that's because I do more and more each time? I don't know. I get sick of ab DOMS after a while because every time I move it hurts. Then again, I love DOMS.

My fitday account
Old 08-20-2004, 05:42 PM
Super-Heavyweight

I forgot to post about my little head injury. Last night I was bending over next to the leg press and I guess my head was under the bar because next thing I know my boyfriend is telling me to watch my head and *bang!* I wack the thing pretty hard. Hard enough to leave a painful bruise and a bump on my head all night. It was a pretty good size too. Luckily it drew no blood.

My fitday account
Old 08-21-2004, 11:20 PM
LegendaryWatcher should change his/her status!
Olympia Contender

Sorry to hear about your little head banging incident. We have all done that at one point or another. No fun at all and it will be tender for a few days at least. I hope you are in no pain.

I have to agree with Tuf. I don't get ab DOMs very often anymore either, but when I do I am thankful.
Old 08-22-2004, 05:24 AM
kungfu_chick should change his/her status!
Bantamweight

Ouch! I hope that bump on your head gets better soon!

[ QUOTE ]
I get sick of ab DOMS after a while because every time I move it hurts. Then again, I love DOMS.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am just the same. I get ab DOMS after practically every hard ab workout and it's quite annoying but satisfying too.
Closed Thread