I cant think of a title... Red's journal - Page 3 - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Iron, Metal, & Steel!! > Online Training Journal

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 08-14-2004, 01:57 PM
Red XIII is gonna change YOUR status.
Lightweight

Default Re: Red\'s journal.... comments welcomed

Today was leg day, and boy did I have fun with 'em! I didn't spend too much time on my legs, but I really hit my calves hard, at least I was hurting real bad afterwards and almost tripped down the stairs.
OK, here's what I did:
PHASE 1:
20 REP SQUATS!!!
OK, ok ok.. so I did the first set with 135. Then I was like, that didn't hurt! So I made it weigh 145 and did another twenty. Now stuff was hurting and I was panting really heavy. So I *thought* I'd be done here BUT.. I heard a little voice in my head say "Hey, I bet you cant do another set" and I was like, "Yeah? Well [*%#*%*#] you!" So I put another 10 pounds on and busted out my last painful set of 20 rep squats!

PHASE 2:
Calf Raises
These I did off the 25's. I did them off the quarters instead of the plates cuz I think the 25's come off the ground higher, like they're fatter.
These were performed with a 8 second eccentric and 20 secs of rest in between.
135x20x3
I know when I write that down, it doesn't look like much. But I think I saw a guy with a t shirt on that said PAIN in big letters. He was pointing at me and laughting, but I was just hallucinating.
PHASE 3:
Heres where my calves really wanted to kick my [*%#*%*#]
after completeing the weighted calf raises I did
BODY WEIGHT CALF RAISES
I did two sets of thirty here, and I couldn't believe that they were burning so much from just doing thirty. I mean, usually I can bust out about 100 before I feel that much pain.
PHASE 4
TIBIALIS RAISES!...?
I think thats what they're called. I put my heels on a 25 and a plate over my toes and lifted it up.
I didn't count reps here, I just waited till it started hurting then did it for 30 seconds. This I did two sets of.

And that was it, tomorow I will be hitting my chest again. Then monday, I get to greet the new school year with a hardcore back workout!
Old 08-14-2004, 01:59 PM
Lightweight

oh, and by the way, I think I'm going to start posting my diet in here too. I don't eat the traditional eight meals a day or whatever it is. But later tonight when I'm done eating (imgaine that...) I'll post all I had today.
Old 08-14-2004, 09:17 PM
Lightweight

Ok, I think I reved up my metaboism early this morning because I have been ravenous all day. Here is what I ate today:
Breakfast (about 6:30)
Toasted white bread topped with natty BP and protein whey sprinkled on top
1 waffle and some syrup
8 oz orange juice
32 oz water
NOTE: I ate the last of my oatmeal yesterday (got some later today) so this breakfast was a considerably light one, like reaaaaly light) Cals: 830

Work out: (7:30 - 8:15)
PWO Meal (8:15)
Protein whey mixed with water and some gatorade
Cals: 100
NOTE: I got a sample of "Amino Vital" that I'm going to start using, its got 4.6 grams of glutamine, arginine, and soem other crap I cant remember. But it mixes into a 20 ox shake. It says to drink half before working out, then some of it during working out and the rest after. Anyone ever tried this stuff?
SNACKING THROUGHOUT THE DAY:
I didn't have a decent lunch today, come to think of it, I had a pretty bad day diet wise today. But my mom went to the store late today so we've got stuff now! I hae oatmeal, chicken breast, and other good stuff in my near future!!
I ate about 8 pieces of this cinamon bread, which added up to 880 cals. Also, I actualy drank a soda because I was so strapped for cals, it had 150. I even ate some candy *is so ashamed*
Total cals from 'snacking': 1070
DINNER!
NOTE: this was after my mom had gone to the store
Ok, at this time, I was still very hungry so I snuck a bagel, at 220 calories.
My mom made sausage in some really good sauce, with a side of crackers and spinach dip. This is 'football' food cuz we watched the first Texans pre season game today. I'm not sure how much of anything I ate from that dinner. I know its atleast above 2000 but I'm kind of hoping it was enough to push me to 3500 which is unlikely, maybe I'll go grab so more 'snacks' lol.