Need some serious help - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Iron, Metal, & Steel!! > Female Specific Athletic Forum

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 08-01-2004, 09:49 AM
mama2Six should change his/her status!
Middleweight

Default Need some serious help

I have been out of the gym since Noevember. I cant do this anymore - I am DONE with this crap! I need some accountability! Anyone else need to jump back on the bandwagon??? Maybe we could help push each other. I *KNOW* once I start doing it, it will just come naturally - so why haven't I been doing it??? I eat like crap, I abuse my body - I know better! For some unknown reason I have eaten like a pig - living on fast food, pepsi and ice cream yet remained a size 6. I bought a size 4 even the other day. I was excited for a while but then I realized I havent EARNED this size. I am an unhealthy, fit *looking* person. What can I do if I actually work at this?

OK - lecturing and beating myself over. Todays plan involves lots of grocery shopping and planning. Tomorrow begins anew!!
Amy
1 Corinthians 9:24-27 Remember that in a race everyone runs, but
only one person gets the prize. You also must run in such a way that you
will win. [25] All athletes practice strict self-control. They do it to win a
prize that will fade away, but we do it for an eternal prize. [26] So I run
straight to the goal with purpose in every step. I am not like a boxer who
misses his punches. [27] I discipline my body like an athlete, training it to
do what it should. Otherwise, I fear that after preaching to others I myself
might be disqualified.

Old 08-01-2004, 10:03 AM
LegendaryWatcher should change his/her status!
Olympia Contender

Default Re: Need some serious help

Wonderful decision on getting your life back on track in terms of wellness and fitness. Not many people can rebound with the strength and determination that you are exhibiting right now. You will be in that size four before you know it with this winning and positive attitude. Once you start working out again you everything will come back to you like second nature, and with that comes the dieting portion as well. You can do it, I know you can. For you failure is not an option, you can hear it in your words. Best of luck to you on your planning and shopping. If you need any help what so ever I am sure that I or somebody will be available to assist you in your fitness pursuits. May all of your aspirations and dreams come true.
Old 08-02-2004, 08:53 AM
soccerchick should change his/her status!
Olympia Contender

hey amy! why don't you get your journal back up and running? that might get you motivated, make your self accountable that way. i know you had alot going on and now if that is all settled you can get back to lifting and eating right. GO DO IT! [img]/forum/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 08-02-2004, 02:56 PM
HotRodKristina should change his/her status!

One day at a time! Okay so you've beat yourself up--now just 'do' it (please excuse the cliche).

That's the only way I can keep going--make sure the fridge and pantry is stocked with the 'good' stuff---and take my workouts one day at a time. So far so good--in the last two weeks, even with a new job and tons of freelance, I've managed to miss only one workout. [img]/forum/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-02-2004, 03:59 PM
sage63 should change his/her status!
Light-Heavyweight

[ QUOTE ]
That's the only way I can keep going--make sure the fridge and pantry is stocked with the 'good' stuff---and take my workouts one day at a time. So far so good--in the last two weeks, even with a new job and tons of freelance, I've managed to miss only one workout. [img]/forum/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ditto - gotta have the right choices available to me and make the bad ones hard to get (like not bring them home!!) [img]/forum/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] I start a new paper journal when I need a good "kickstart". The fresh page is so inviting to write on that I want to fill it with good things - good food and tough workouts!!

I think we all go through cycles where we have the "doanwannas". Now you are cycling back to the "gottadoits" and you'll do great!! Get busy!
Closed Thread