?? re: HIIT and lifting and BCAAs - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Iron, Metal, & Steel!! > Female Specific Athletic Forum

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 06-24-2004, 08:55 AM
Wanabettabod should change his/her status!

Default ?? re: HIIT and lifting and BCAAs

For maximum fat loss should i be doing the HIIT first then lifting or vice versa?? also what are BCAAs and why should we want to slow catabolism (whatever that is) [img]/forum/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

thanks in advance for you responses and patience with me [img]/forum/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

"The secret of the Lord is with them that fear him; and he will show them his covenant."Ps25v14

@ 1/22/03 186lbs *~*
@ 7/23/03 164lbs 39%

Current stats @ 6/23/04
33yo
149lb
33%bf
Doing 13 week w/o & diet

Current stats @ 11/14/04
33yo
142lb
25%bf
Hardly doing 13 week diet but still work out - I'm Prego. [img]/forum/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img])) yahhhhh!!!

My journal - *coming soon*
Old 06-24-2004, 10:53 AM
NutMeg is sleepy
Mr. Universe

Default Re: ?? re: HIIT and lifting and BCAAs

well, ideally you would be doing them on separate days or even at two different times of the day (HIIT & weights that is) which you do first at that point is up to you and your energy levels...

and catabolism is the break down of tissues, specifically muscle tissue.. you want to keep your muscle tissue as it increase your metabolism and takes up less space than fat does
Old 06-24-2004, 10:56 AM
Burton should change his/her status!
Rookie

Well, BCAAs are branch chain amino acids....this is what protein breaks down into....good stuff!
Catabolism is the opposite of anabolism. Anabolism is the term used to describe when your body is in a state conducive for growth. The more muscle mass you have the more successful you will be in burning fat. Muscle burns fat. Catabolism describes a condition or process when the body cannabolizes your existing muscle for fuel....this is bad.

You should try to do your weight training and your HIIT on different days if possible.

I would encourage you to read the links below to become more familiar with the terminology used to describe fat loss and muscle growth, and to get an idea of the processes at work in your body that help and hinder growth and fat loss.

Happy reading!

http://www.abcbodybuilding.com/magaz...urningdiet.htm
http://www.abcbodybuilding.com/magaz...t%20levlel.htm
http://www.abcbodybuilding.com/magazine/fatlossdiet.htm
Old 06-24-2004, 12:45 PM
Wanabettabod should change his/her status!

Thank you both for your responses! knowledge is indeed key [img]/forum/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

thanks.

"The secret of the Lord is with them that fear him; and he will show them his covenant."Ps25v14

@ 1/22/03 186lbs *~*
@ 7/23/03 164lbs 39%

Current stats @ 6/23/04
33yo
149lb
33%bf
Doing 13 week w/o & diet

Current stats @ 11/14/04
33yo
142lb
25%bf
Hardly doing 13 week diet but still work out - I'm Prego. [img]/forum/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img])) yahhhhh!!!

My journal - *coming soon*
Closed Thread