Zane Blitz - Page 4 - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Iron, Metal, & Steel!! > Female Specific Athletic Forum

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 02-06-2004, 12:20 PM
Fireproof should change his/her status!
Super-Heavyweight

Default Re: Zane Blitz

[ QUOTE ]
As usual you are a wealth of very valuable information and advice FP! Thanks so much for taking the time to post a split...I came on to ask how to incorporate the blitz with my current split and wala, there it is. [img]/forum/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

<font color="red">No problem - always glad to help! [img]/forum/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] </font>

I do have one more question though, what kind of sets should I do....meaning... straight sets, supersets, dropset, etc..?

<font color="red"> For the quads, I very the types of sets according to the volume for that day. For example, on the 25 set day, for quads especially, it'll take a lot out of you just doing 25 regular straight-sets. If you tried dropsets, you'd be wasted. So on my 25 set day, I did 5 quad exercises for 5 sets each. It looked something like:
- Leg extensions (pre-exhaustion) - 5 sets
- Squats - 5 sets
- Leg press - 5 sets
- Hack squats - 5 sets
- Leg extensions - 5 sets to finish them off with higher reps and real good burn.

On the 15 set day, I did 3 exercises x 5 sets each, just straight sets again. On the other lower volume days, you can do some drop-sets or supersets if you want. But those are shocking methods in their own right, so it's not really required to add another shock on top of this already taxing shocking blitz! </font>

I want to blast my hammies/glutes so on low volume days do I incorporate quads?

<font color="red">It's recommended to perform the Zane Blitz on ONE muscle group at a time. I.e., you would do quads, not the whole leg complex. But, you still want to continue working your hams and glutes, as mentioned, but you would follow the Blitz set scheme. What I found is that due to the squating and leg pressing to blitz my quads, the Glutes get plently of work along the way. No need to focus more on them. For hams, I would either do them with back, or work them after quads on one of the lower volume days (the 10 set day or 4 set day, etc.) When doing your Hamstring sets, do exercises that really emphasize them, like leg curls (lying or sitting) and straight-leg deadlifts. Don't do leg press or lunges, because you'll be working your quads again, taking it beyond the prescribed work load. Even by sticking to isolation exercises, your hams will still get plenty of work since they will be assisting in some of your leg presses and other quad movements indirectly. </font>

Sorry to be so clueless!!! [img]/forum/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
<font color="red">No problem...we all learn somewhere. I hope this helped! [img]/forum/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] </font>

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 06-18-2004, 03:05 PM
zap should change his/her status!
Rookie

Default Re: Zane Blitz

geat article i'll keep it for future use but im just about to start my first every cut so not yet.
Closed Thread