my friend - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Iron, Metal, & Steel!! > Female Specific Athletic Forum

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 06-17-2004, 01:27 PM
bigpoppadiesel should change his/her status!
Middleweight

Default my friend

im worried about my friend. she tried the atkins for 3 weeks and lost 2 pounds. after that she got frustrated and quite. she also was working out during that time too. she eats like most average people do and drinks but she doesnt want to stop drinkig, even though she did for the atkins attempt. shes hypoglycemic so i dont want to mess up her blood sugar either. any ideas as to how i can help her? or things to try with out messeing up her blood sugar? i could prolly get her to try anything one more time as long as she gets results of some kind in a week or 2. thanks.
Old 06-17-2004, 02:42 PM
Serendipity should change his/her status!
Heavyweight

Default Re: my friend

Is her drinking a casual weekend thing or is she overdoing it?

I think you should tell her if she wants your advice that she'll have to really listen and follow what you say, otherwise it's a waste of both your time.

Has she tried BFL? I realize it's not ideal, but it's quite simple and non-intimidating.

Futhermore, what sort of physical activities does she do? Is she exercising, lifting? Maybe you could suggest she take up a physical hobby like biking or gardening. Something that gets her to move but isn't a boring class?
Old 06-17-2004, 03:39 PM
bigpoppadiesel should change his/her status!
Middleweight

yeah she drinks mainly on the weekends but she drinks quite a bit. what is bfl? she eats fairly healthy throughout the day and for snacks shes eating like vegetables or yogurt but than every night they usually go out to eat at a restraunt and thats never going to be a good thing. she use to do a spinning class and she use to walk on the treadmill and go to the gym. even after all that she still wasnt loosing weight. i tried getting her to put on muscle to loose fat but she is kind of muscled espceically in her legs wether genetics or from sports so she didnt really want to do the put on more muscle to burn more fat deal. im kind of trying to figure something out for her tonight cuz shes kind of down and i was gonna try to come up with some sort of a routine for her for her bday tomm. thanks
Old 06-17-2004, 04:13 PM
Serendipity should change his/her status!
Heavyweight

BFL = Body for Life. I think a lot of people tend to break into actual weightlifting this way because BFL is just pretty easy to follow if you're someone who is completely confused about nutrition and fitness. It's a good beginners way in I guess.
Old 06-18-2004, 05:32 AM
devGoAt should change his/her status!
Middleweight

Be very careful with hypoglycemics, too much anaerobic work can be dangerous, ranging from nausea and fainting, to coma and in extreme cases death. Make sure that you've got a handy source of easily digestible glucose or simple sugars around and always keep an eye on them. Even if they are used to their condition, if they aren't used to working out they can have a hypoglycemic crash a lot quicker than what they might expect, and they can reach the stage where they won't be able to help themselves.