ideas for gaining weight? - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Iron, Metal, & Steel!! > Female Specific Athletic Forum

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 06-02-2004, 03:09 PM
April_JB should change his/her status!
Stranger

Default ideas for gaining weight?

I am 22 years old and I have been small framed since I was a child. I only weigh about 103lbs currently. I have a very high metabolism. I would like suggestions on weight gaining strategies. Most weight gaining programs are geared toward male bodybuilders that I have seen. Any suggestions are appreciated. [img]/forum/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 06-02-2004, 03:25 PM
Kid Savage should change his/her status!
Lightweight

Default Re: ideas for gaining weight?

1. eat
2. lift
3. eat 5 or 6 more times.
4. repeat
Old 06-02-2004, 08:07 PM
flyskygirl should change his/her status!
Middleweight

[ QUOTE ]
I am 22 years old and I have been small framed since I was a child. I only weigh about 103lbs currently. I have a very high metabolism. I would like suggestions on weight gaining strategies. Most weight gaining programs are geared toward male bodybuilders that I have seen. Any suggestions are appreciated. [img]/forum/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi April_JB,
Welcome to ABC [img]/forum/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
I have been on here for a quite few months now and you will learn so much!Lots of great advise from some very knowledgeable people

well I am in your same boat..It is a struggle..as you know.. to gain and maintain weight. I have the same small bone structure and super fast metabolism. Its a matter of really analizing your daily calorie intake and what your maintaining at and then adding calories to it to gain weight.
you do this by first finding out how many calories you are consuming and your activity level...heres a link to figure how many calories you are currently taking in to maintain your weight.

http://www.csgnetwork.com/caloriesfemalecalc.html

Then once you know this then you need to "up" those calories to 200-300 calories a week until you start to notice weight gain I would do it very gradual. I would consume more protein for the increase in calories...especailly if your doing major lifting.(which you should be...to get bigger [img]/forum/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I agree with Kid Savage as to ...EAT!!! ALOT!...I am 5'9 and 140 bs and I have to eat 2800-3000 calories a day JUST to MAINTAIN!I work out 5 days a week(2 hours at the gym,one body part a day..lifting heavy) and 1-2 cardio sessions of 20 minutes a week...make sure your not overdoing your cardio...this will make you burn too many calores.I learned that the hard way.

The weight will come ...you just have to REALLY measure and calculate everything you eat and make sure your eating enough...that was and has been the hardest for me. I was never really eating enough for the amount of exercise I was putting out.
Also, eat every 2-3 hours..this will keep your body on an even kell through out the day. I eat 8 (350 caloried meals a day)

Hope this helped you some
~Sky

37 years old
5'9"
145lbs
16% BF
Goal: 155 lbs of pure muscle! ..in the next 3 years
Possibly enter into a amature fiqure competiton by age 40!

My Profile
http://bodyspace.bodybuilding.com/flyskygirl/

GO BUCKS! O - H -I -O

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b3...a/65a2b10b.gif
Old 06-02-2004, 09:31 PM
April_JB should change his/her status!
Stranger

Hi Sky!

Thanks for the great info. It was very helpful.

April
Old 06-02-2004, 09:48 PM
NutMeg is sleepy
Mr. Universe

April,
Sky gave some very good advice. [img]/forum/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Also, check out Syddle's journal in the training forum. She has a very fast metabolism too and eats an insane amount of food.
Closed Thread