Ugh. I feel like crap times two!! - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Iron, Metal, & Steel!! > Female Specific Athletic Forum

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 05-27-2004, 11:41 PM
bombflower should change his/her status!
Super-Heavyweight

Default Ugh. I feel like crap times two!!

Tomorrow I am leaving for Missouri with my boyfriend, his father, and older brother. I wanted to buy a new bikini to wear for the trip and I wanted a new one for this summer anyways.

I've been gassy, crampy, and bloated all day and this morning I had a small case of the poops, which also caused cramping.

Anyways, I don't feel very good today in general because my body feels like crap.

I went to Kohls and my boyfriend and I found some really cute bikinis, which I tried on. Probably 5 or 6 sets of them.

I didn't like ANY of them! I felt fat and gross in all of them. This really put a damper on my mood and made the cramping & gassieness I've had all day feel a lot worse.

Naturally, my boyfriend could tell I was upset and asked me what was wrong and so I told him how I thought I looked fat in all of the suits and he kept telling me how beautiful I am. I do believe him, but it wasn't helping me out knowing I didn't feel good about myself then. He always tells me how beautiful he thinks I am. I love him dearly [img]/forum/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Anyways, we get to the shoe store, which was our next stop, and he could still tell I was upset. We ended up sitting in the car for a while talking about it and I ended up crying because I was just so upset about this.

Sure, it may seem small that I didn't feel I looked good in any of the suits, but to me it just made me feel like complete crap. I know all of the ladies here have gone through the same thing one time or another and can understand.
Weight: 140
Squat Max: 225
Bench Max: 120

My training & diet journal
My bodyfat % and weight chart
My fitday account
Old 05-28-2004, 12:01 AM
Dachopstix should change his/her status!
Middleweight

Default Re: Ugh. I feel like crap times two!!

Poor Bomb [img]/forum/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] I've been through this with my girlfriend too, so hopefully tomorrow will be a better day for you. I recommend lying on the couch, cuddling with your boyfriend, and having some nice, soothing ice cream [img]/forum/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] Hope you have a good time on your trip, bring back something nice for all of us here at ABC [img]/forum/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

BTW, guys also have crappy days where we're just not happy with anything. Plus, gas is our curse [img]/forum/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Monday: Legs
Tuesday: Chest
Wednesday: Back
Thursday: Triceps
Friday: Biceps & Shoulders
Saturday: Cardio & Abs
Sunday: Cardio & Abs

"Faith, Strength, & Honour - Never Forget"

October 14th, 2001, November 9th, 2003, & September 1st, 2004...

"A warrior fears not Death, knowing he will die with Honour because of his Faith in himself and the inner Strength he possesses..."
Old 05-28-2004, 01:50 AM
sage63 should change his/her status!
Light-Heavyweight

NOTHING in the world more depressing than trying on swim suits. I know what you mean! You think you're lookin' pretty decent till you subject yourself to this torture. Well...I will tell you that going to the beach will reverse that feeling! I discovered that there are very very few good bodies out there. Most have one if not more figure flaws and it made me realize that my perfectionist demands on myself are not realistic. Get a suit that compliments your figure as much as possible...then get a cute wrap skirt or board shorts or palazzo pants or whatever makes you feel comfortable as a cover up and go have fun!

I know what you mean about feeling gross and bloated - it is that time for me and I have been PMSing big time. I think I ate every carb in the house yesterday and I feel soo gross. [img]/forum/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Cheer up, Bomb! Remember the compliment you just got? Focus on the positive!
Old 05-28-2004, 06:19 AM
Serendipity should change his/her status!
Heavyweight

Oh, I've been through this before. I'm pretty sure every woman on the planet has been through this before. It's one of those moods you simply have to ride out and you'll feel better tomorrow.

In the meantime I'm prescribing you 500cc's of chick flicks and a nice hot bath.
Old 05-28-2004, 06:51 AM
Relinquished should change his/her status!
Lightweight

I've been through it too. I still go through it. You sound like you have an awesome boyfriend who helps you out, so that's really great. But I agree with sage. Focus on the positive. [img]/forum/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] I hope you feel better!! [img]/forum/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Bodyfat: 15.8%
Old 05-28-2004, 10:00 AM
nozzle should change his/her status!
National Champion

did the crying help? usually a good cry helps me.
Old 05-28-2004, 12:29 PM
soccerchick should change his/her status!
Olympia Contender

i swear dressing room mirrors are flawed to make us all think we look fat when we look into them.
Old 05-28-2004, 01:39 PM
bombflower should change his/her status!
Super-Heavyweight

[ QUOTE ]
i swear dressing room mirrors are flawed to make us all think we look fat when we look into them.

[/ QUOTE ]
I agree with that one. I tried my bikini on that I have from last summer and felt I looked better in it and didn't feel like I looked fat/gross.

Maybe they [dressing room mirrors0 add 10 pounds of fat....

Anyways. I've decided to take my old bikini with and my vintage one-piece suit in case I feel better in it.
Weight: 140
Squat Max: 225
Bench Max: 120

My training & diet journal
My bodyfat % and weight chart
My fitday account
Old 05-28-2004, 08:35 PM
caverjen should change his/her status!

That flourescent lighting doesn't do anything for anyone! I sympathize with you, Bomb, trying on swim suits is the worst! At least your bf sounds cool. Try going shopping again AFTER your trip if/when you have a tan (fake tan works too) - it helps compensate for the horrific lighting. Have fun on your trip!

Jen