Mr. Universe

Default Re: Tomorrow is the day!

*bump*

Suzy! How'd it go?!?!?
Old 05-10-2004, 10:49 PM
10yrdream should change his/her status!
Bantamweight

Default May 8th

The whole day was quite an experience!! What was a surprise to me was how emotional I was. Perhaps it was a combination of the stress physically and emotionally. I must have cried about 5 times throughout the day and night. It was an extrememly long day. The show was very competitive in terms of the caliber of competitors. It is termed the "biggest amateur show in the country."

Well, I didn't bring a trophy home. I did not expect to get a trophy, but I did not realize the amount of disappointment that I experienced for a shortwhile afterwards. I sobbed and sobbed. I am sure that it was also due to the fact that I was sooo hungry and fatigued at the completion of it all. My friends and signif other were really wonderful and supportive.

I do feel so proud that I went through with the training and through the show. There was another competitor in fitness that dropped out after the 1st posing. She said that she knew she wasn't a contender. I did not expect a win, but I still went through with it and did the best that I could.

The more often I went out on stage the more relaxed and confident that I felt. By the time I had to perform the fitness routine, I just wanted to have fun. I felt good about my performance. I got several comments from spectators afterwards on how they thought that I did a good job. At that point I had to fight the tears in my eyes.

I spoke with the fitness pro: Julie Shipley, who was a guest performer. She was encouraging and complemented me on my outfit and routine. One of the officials took me aside and told me not to give up because I have a lot of potential.

If you can believe it, none of the digital pictures came out clearly. I have to wait for my roll of film to get used up and then developed. I will try to do that within the next couple of weeks. Here are some pics, but the ones from the show did not turn out clearly. I posted other pics that are about 2 weeks out from the show. The website is at the end of my post.

Thank you for all of your advice, encouragement, support. I could not have done it without the information and support provided from ABC. At this point, I do not know whether I would do another one, but it is very, very possible. I plan to go on a bulk after some rest to gain some much needed muscle if I am ever going to compete again. I weighed only 100lbs on the day of the show.

I do have a question, how do u introduce foods back? I ate a bunch of carbs and crap the day after, ie. clam chowder, sour dough bread and butter, truffles, M&Ms, yogurt, alfredo pasta, but I did not overdo the portions so I was not sooo full or anything. I could not even eat today, I was so sick. In fact, I had to leave from work sick. I thought that I would be able to eat whatever I wanted to for at least a day or 2. Not so, my stomache was so nauseous and acidic and very painful.

Anyhow, thanks again. You guys are so great! [img]/forum/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Old 05-11-2004, 04:54 AM
NutMeg is sleepy
Mr. Universe

Default Re: May 8th

It looks like you did very well for yourself phyzsique wise (it's better to look at the thumbnails... [img]/forum/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img])

You should listen to what the people told you after the show, the positive comments and reflect on that and what you did. Don't make the decision whether or not to compete again until after you are done bulking... [img]/forum/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

It must have been an overall amazing experience... [img]/forum/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Great job!
Old 05-11-2004, 10:27 AM
10yrdream should change his/her status!
Bantamweight

Hi Nutmeg,
thank u for ur comments and for being positive. it was quite an amazing experience, lots of energy and excitement. it was pretty cool. [img]/forum/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-12-2004, 12:35 PM
Frenchie should change his/her status!
Light-Heavyweight

As I stated in my PM, you did great Suzy!! And I was VERY impressed by your routine!! [img]/forum/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img] I heard some comments from the audience too which were very positive.

I do believe too that you have some great potential. As I said, take some time off and concentrate on adding a few more pounds to your frame. You could do very well if you decided to compete again. [img]/forum/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

PS: You look great in the pictures with the red suit!! [img]/forum/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

"Although others may ask why, you'll never be able to explain adequately. Only someone else with the same passion would understand"

Closed Thread