I need some input on my routine(hopefully from a trainer) - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Iron, Metal, & Steel!! > Online Training Journal

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 04-27-2004, 11:10 AM
traggs25 should change his/her status!

Default I need some input on my routine(hopefully from a trainer)

for the next 8 weeks or so i plan on really crackin down and workin out hardcore cus i admit i have been slackin lately... my main goals are to lose my gut and cut some body fat... i have done a routine similar to this before and it worked wonderfully but did not help with the gut as much as i would have liked so thats why i added the extra abs.

MONDAY
CHEST
8 weeks to bigger Pecs!
ABS

TUESDAY
BIS
Advanced Biceps
TRIS
Advanced Triceps

WEDNESDAY
LEGS
Hamstrings 8 weeks to bigger quads!
ABS

THURSDAY
BACK
Barn door Back
FOREARMS
Python Forearms

FRIDAY
SHOULDERS/TRAPS
Cannon Ball Delts!
ABS

SATURDAY
OFF

SUNDAY
OFF

now the question i have for anyone or hopefuly a trainer out there is
#1 is this a good routine if not is there any way you could help me critique it
#2 right now i really dont know what to do for the abs portion of my workouts... suggestions apprecated
#3 is the delt routine good enough for both my shoulders and traps or should i add more??
#4 any suggestions for a calves workout? and should i add it with my legs workout?? or will the legs routine burn my calves enough??
and #5 if anyone knows a good back routine that i could replace with the one i have there right now that would be awesome because i have done it before and although it worked well i am kinda sick of it... and i wanna be able to do massssive pull ups.. i sorryily can only do about 2-3 now [img]/forum/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

thanks for your time and help... i hope to get some excellent feedback because i posted before and did not recieve too much [img]/forum/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]
Old 04-27-2004, 07:41 PM

Default Re: I need some input on my routine(hopefully from a trainer)

how come no one responds to me??? am i doing something wrong???
Old 04-27-2004, 09:06 PM

ok well i must admit i am kinda depressed... everyone that posts gets about 87 responces then there is my little ol question that doesnt even get looked at?? huuuurtsss someone just tell me this is the ****tiest split every or something!!!!haha
Old 04-28-2004, 04:21 AM
Arkades should change his/her status!
Middleweight

Are you doing all the 8 weeks specializing programs?
If so I think you should drop the 8 week programs you don't need, and do them only for the muscle group you are least happy with.
Set up a normal routine instead.
Old 04-28-2004, 10:23 AM
getnbgr should change his/her status!
Mr. Universe

[ QUOTE ]
do them only for the muscle group you are least happy with. Set up a normal routine instead.

[/ QUOTE ]

You won't get 87 responses over night or probably a even a few weeks. I have to agree with Arkades in that you want a specialized program for one area that you want to work on and the rest of your routine should be more normalized. Your split doesn't look bad to me. Your split is different from mine so my suggestion would be that you look at other peoples journals to get an idea about the number of exercises that others are doing for each muscle group in your split. For instance you have a bi/tri day. Look at what other people are doing - different exercises, the number of exercises, sets, reps etc. Build yourself a routine. For example IMO - for Bis preacher curls are a staple , for tris tricep cable push downs etc. Cutting body fat means adjusting your diet so that you are burning more calories than you are taking in and that includes adding cardio to your routine. HIIT is big here, I personally like long duration aerobic activity. (although I have begun to experiment with HIIT) There are excellent articles for exercises, fat burning and cardio, under the tabs at the top of the page. Remember it might take a week or so to get a routine down. Good Luck DUDE!

http://www.tag-board.com/smilies/bowl.gif

********** getnbgr's Training Journal **********
Closed Thread