A journey to freakdom - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Iron, Metal, & Steel!! > Online Training Journal

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 02-15-2004, 12:14 PM
dragonman should change his/her status!
Rookie

Default A journey to freakdom

This is my first journal so let me introduce myself. I am 35 years old,married to the most wonderful women in the cosmos,father of 4 boys two fifth graders one 8 year old and our latest blessing born on last halloween.
I have been athletic my whole life, sports in school,and then karate (Shorin Ryu, which I hold a black belt ) which I fell in love with. After high school I went to work as a house painter which I can assure you builds strong shoulders and legs.
I never gave lifting much thought until I became involved in a fight which I lost to a much larger man (60 To 70lbs)
I hit him and kicked him several times with blows that I know would have left many people gasping for breath or laying on the ground, but not him. He beat me!!
That left me with a very bad taste in my mouth one I can still taste,I did not start it and was not able to finish it.I got to thinking what if he had been intent on harming my loved ones,if the situation had been such that it was me between him and them then I would have failed. That was 13 years ago. And I have been on a quest to improve myself since then in as many areas as possible one of wich was to be as strong and hold as much LBM as I can.
I would like to thank that huge raging young man, for in trouncing me he helped to shape me and has provided me with countless motivation.
I am 6 feet tall and at the current moment weigh 212 pounds
I am 7 weeks into a cut where I started at 225,(gained to much fat)see pics in pic section. Although it was good for me to do that as I was always concerned with keeping trim and cut, I believe that slowed my muscle gains way down, so to not worry about the fat was kinda therapeutic.
I have been lifting this time around for 3 years(have done it off and on for the last 13, never for more than a year at a time though and with too long in between.)
I lift 5 days a week mon - fri. Currently do 3-5 days of cardio,less on a bulk (I have a fast metabolism,I eat as much or more than my whole family included, on any given day,and that is on a cut)

I will start posting my daily routines as I do them,they change often,almost every week. The one consistent is going beyond failure on almost every lift,if I am not making progress I get very upset with my self.
I have not done many measurements in a while but I know my arms are at 17.5 and my calfs are 17.75 (15 years of climbing ladders) my waist is a disappointing 36 inches,but shrinking. And I have had to go up a shirt size I now wear a snug at the arm and chest xl. And a comfortable xxl,I am very happpy about that exept needing to replace my wardrobe.
I eat 6 -8 meals a day and am consuming 300 grams of protein and shooting for 200 to 300 grams of complex carbs a day exept in the morning when I do some simple after my work out(maltodextose or honey),I try to limit my fat intake except for what comes naturally in meat and low fat dairy.
I hope that in keeping this journal it will help me find my weak areas and to improve on them.Any feedback will be appreciated. [img]/forum/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

-----------------------------
http://www.geonetrix.net/mistymagick...l/mechris3.gif
Old 02-15-2004, 12:48 PM
Son of Shem should change his/her status!
Heavyweight

Default Re: A journey to freakdom

where are those pics @ again?
Old 02-15-2004, 03:31 PM
Rookie

I just got done with one hour of cardio( sparring with kendo practice swords) my favorite type of cardio:-)
The pics are on the picture forum. I am going to go eat something probably some scrambled egg whites.mmmmmm.

Old 02-17-2004, 06:51 AM
Rookie

Yesterday was leg day, wich I was glad about since I had loaded up on carbs the day before(cheat day, had about 600 mostly complex and some fruit)
We startd out eith leg raises three sets 10 reps then 8 then on the last I did 6 The weight was doubled each time.
Next went on to a homemade version of a leg press( we dont have one) what this is is put the bar almost as low as it will go on the rack then lay on the floor and place your feet on the bar so you are in a press position then press, needed partner to keep bar against rack the whole time but ot was good 3 sets finishing with 270 lbs.
Next went to box step ups two sets first one holding 80 pounds each handfor like 12 reps,next one was holding hundreds for 15.
then wewent and did calves for the remaining 10 minutes. 1 minute non stop then a rest then one minute non stop 10 saecond rest followed up with what we call arnold calve raises(you have seen the pics where he has people sitting on his back)did 12 reps followed up with 10 more seconds of regular raises did this twice.
Was bummed that I didnot get to do squats ran out of time and it was my partners work out(we take turns designing them) That was the only prod with the work out ,oh yea I forgot the leg curls did warm up with 75 pounds then did two sets with 150.
Diet went well around three hundred grams of protien,170 carbs,ate every 2-3 hours I amnot going to post the break down right now,because it gets posted on fit day. but if you want to know I will do it later.
Did 30 minutes cardio at 8:30 p.m.
Lifted at 9:00 a.m.

Old 02-17-2004, 06:20 PM
Rookie

Tues, Feb 17th
Shoulders 7:00 a.m.-8:30
5 minutes of cardio for warm up, 90 second rest in between all groups exept when changing exercise
seated Military press 1 warmup- 1 set at 130 for 15 reps
1 set at 150 for 10
1 set at 150 for 6
seated clean and press (never did this before)started with 90 for warmup
1 set at 110 for 10 reps
" " for 6 reps
" " for 6 reps
next exercise I dont have a name for but you go to a low pulley hook up a v bar and grab the middle of it with the side not being used towards the pulley,then you lean just slightly forward,pull the weight to the side and up while trying to rreach the ceiling behind you (kinda like a reverse cross chest on the high pulley) this worked rear and side delt.Could not go heavy at all. 10 lbs was all this time 3 sets of 6 , it realy surprised me at how heavy that felt.
next was still using the low pulley grabed a straight bar and did front delt raises using both arms
1 set 13 reps
1 set 10 reps
1 set 9 reps ,all of these were done slow and controled. 1 set of a static hold straight out for 20 seconds,that gave a great burn.
Shrugs were next this was done as a superset with the following three exercises, seated slightly declined shrugs first done with 80 each hand, then shrugs on the low pulley with 180lbs for reps of around 15 then went over to a dip station and did body weight shrugs for 15 reps, the other two cycles was done with hundred pounders eac hand for the seated.
Finished the work out with wide grip pull ups
3 sets 6
And that concluded the work out at 8:30 a.m.

I will do 30 minutes of cardio this evening.
Have felt goood today, high energy. Hungry though my carbs have been maybe a little low today but not by much.
Still strugling with drinking a galon of water,I am doing it but I will forget then I'll drink a bunch I think I should try to sip it more.

Old 02-19-2004, 07:01 AM
Rookie

Today is thursday morning,and man was irt hard to get up fell back to sleep for 30 minutes...bad ,bad, body builder.
Yesterday we did tri's and chest, chose to dod that because we are doing chest on sat,with Jason.
Did a few warm ups on bench then went into tri exercises,did not go to heavy stayed in the 10 - 15 rep range but superseted everything with some type of push up(Close to your side , triangle, incline , decline) went for an hour and 15 minutes like that with very little rest inbetween.
My arms are a little leaden right now.
Did not do cardio wanted to rest.
I am also going to up my carbs a little today (shoot for about 500) to prepare for sat, I can tell my energy is low was tired for most of the day yesterday.
Going to do back today!! Deads!! I love them, I feel I am a littlr weaker than I would like ( Because of my stupid lower back) but I do them any way and it is getting stonger and stronger I wou;d ;like to try to break my max wich was 380,that would be awsome 7 weeks into a cut.

Old 02-20-2004, 06:50 AM
Rookie

Today is Friday, Feel pretty good this morning kids are still asleep and Misty is on the tread mill.
Yesterdays work outwas not as good as I had hoped for,tried to beat my max dead and did not even come close , but I did keep trying till I found A weight that I could do, then the last set was 260 for 10 reps. Not to bad.
Then did three sets of t haNDLE rows, followed by three sets of pull downs for 150, all in all if I had to rate the work out I would give it about a three from 1-10,but I will say my *** was draging even befor I got to the gym.
I hate not being able to not lift a given weight. I dont care if I am half way through a cut!
Did 40 minutes of cardio last night, and that was hard did the "medium inense" one and it made me work real hard ,did same on mon, and had almost no prob. What a difference carbs make.
I might be pushing the overtraining thing just a little.
I don't know what I will do I could cut cardio down a little or up the carbs, I think I will give it another week and see.
Drank two gallons on wed. and my weight sky rocketed. I hope that it is water weight, I will continue for the next few days and see.

Old 02-23-2004, 07:04 AM
Rookie

Monday tired but feel good. Did not work out on sat. Had a family emergency,so it was cancelled. Took the weekend to recover only thing I did was spar with the swords for an hour. Ate well had my cheat day on sun. That does not mean junk all day, but more carbs from rice and oats and other yummy things. We will prob do chest today.
On Fri. we did forarms and calfs and abs. It as a good work out, I dont remembwer my for arms being that sore ever before:-)
And I did not make drinking that much water all weekend only friday. I'm still not sure. I will try again some other time.

Closed Thread