Should I even bother? - Page 2 - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Iron, Metal, & Steel!! > Female Specific Athletic Forum

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 12-09-2003, 01:29 PM
Workout2001 should change his/her status!
Middleweight

Default Re: Should I even bother?

mama2Six, sorry to hear about your situation, but you will be in my prayers. Personally, I think the decision has to be yours, but the main thing, if you feel that you need to take some time out, from working out, then do it guilt free. Don't let this be another thing that you are worried about. I had to take time off due to surgery (3 months) prior to the challenge; I just started a Time Under Tension program, and got a lot of strength back within two weeks, and then was able to do the 13 week workout. No major harm done.

Take care Amy

Workout2001
Old 12-09-2003, 05:24 PM
MuscleRunner should change his/her status!

i say DO work out when you have a chance amidst your stress. because of your current stress, i know your physique is not your #1 priority right now (you mentioned being unable to eat well & having not been in the gym recently), but stress relief is. so i'd be less concerned about losing muscle (which i dont think will really happen with a few light workouts & even poorer than usual nutrition) & utilize a great stress reliever!

i think its good to be able to be flexible & to prioritize your life according to extreme circumstances (skipping the gym & even making nutrition less of a priority temporarily.

i hope your stress eases soon & will pray for the Lord's presence with you now & His will to be done [img]/forum/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]K
I confess, Lord, with thanksgiving, that you have made me in your image, so that I can remember you, think of you, & love you.
But that image is so worn & blotted out by faults, & darkened by the smoke of sin, that it cannot do that for which it was made unless you renew & refashion it.
Lord, I am not trying to make my way to your height, for my understanding is in no way equal to that, but I do desire to understand a little of your truth which my heart already believes & loves.
I do not seek to understand so that I can believe, but I believe so that I may understand;
and what is more, I believe that unless I do believe, I shall not understand.

--St. Anselm (1033-1109)
Old 12-09-2003, 07:37 PM
Jenn should change his/her status!
Middleweight

Amy, I wish I lived in Michigan so I could give you a little relief.

You're no good to anyone if you aren't feeling up to par. Working out and eating right aren't issues of vanity (I know you don't believe that anyway) you have to keep up your health and your focus and the best way to do that is to eat right and exercise.

No one says you need to get to the gym everyday and keep to a 5-day split.

What's your schedule like everyday? I'm just trying to imagine getting the big children ready for school, feeding the wee-ones and taking care of the in-laws, too. And that's just the a.m.

I know you are involved with your church, anything they can offer?

{{{Hugs}}}

Jenn's Journal
Old 12-09-2003, 11:53 PM
mama2Six should change his/her status!
Middleweight

Thanks everyone for the ideas and support. I think I will try the gym soon and see if I don't feel better. I wasn't thinking of my mind, I was just thinking of making my hard earned muscle be burned up even faster with all this cortisol I have running through me. I have to figured out some form of control in this chaos! These last 3 weeks I have been gone ALL day helping my inlaws in one way or another and then come home to deal with the house, dinner, homework and baths. The few moments I am home during the day are spent on the phone doing all the detail work of HOW to get my MIL home. I never knew buying a home was SO complicated!! So - I am cluless on when but I will fit it in somewhere! Weekends are easier with hubby home so maybe I will just do weekends for now.
Amy
1 Corinthians 9:24-27 Remember that in a race everyone runs, but
only one person gets the prize. You also must run in such a way that you
will win. [25] All athletes practice strict self-control. They do it to win a
prize that will fade away, but we do it for an eternal prize. [26] So I run
straight to the goal with purpose in every step. I am not like a boxer who
misses his punches. [27] I discipline my body like an athlete, training it to
do what it should. Otherwise, I fear that after preaching to others I myself
might be disqualified.

Old 12-11-2003, 06:36 PM
MS LADY should change his/her status!
Middleweight

Although, it may be hard to workout when you are stressed to the maximum, give it a shot anyway. When the school year is busy and I am all alone with my 4 kids(12-1yrs)I just do aerobics at home in my living room. I add in some squats and light upper body work.

<font color="green">Mz. Lady's Journal of Temple Refinement</font>
<font color="purple">Mz. Lady's Nutrition Journal</font>

"In my life, GOd has closed a lot of doors in my face because He knew I was headed in the wrong direction. The good part is that He opened the right doors and steered me that way. If your gut feeling tells you that you are headed in the wrong direction, turn around before its too late."[img]/forum/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
http://diamonique.home.comcast.net/l.../anibanner.gif
[b]<font color="purple">

http://images.animationfactory.com/i...weightloss.jpg
Closed Thread