Diet and workout help - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Iron, Metal, & Steel!! > Female Specific Athletic Forum

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 10-25-2003, 11:41 AM
Cbelle33 should change his/her status!
Stranger

Default Diet and workout help

Hi all! I lurk quite often here but have never posted. I could use some advice on my workout and diet the ultimate goal being to lose body fat. Here are my stats:

34 years old
5'5
140 lbs
BF % 18-22 depending on who you want to believe

Looking to get down to 15%

Daily diet with little variation:

1- steel cut oats, soy milk, blueberries
2- natural peanut butter, ww bread, piece of fruit
3- chicken breast, green beans/brussel sprouts, 1/2 sweet potato
4- cottage cheese and fruit (or protein bar if on the run)
5- tuna on a salad
6- chocolate soymilk, scoop of designer protein

Works out to be 1684 calories, 48C/28P/43F, 229 carbs, 116 protein, 43 fat.

My workout consists of 3 days of weight training, 3 days of cardio (45-60 mins). I usually work out at home using Cathe Friedrich tapes.

I'd love to hear some advice! Thanks!
Old 10-25-2003, 11:54 AM
teletummy should change his/her status!
Middleweight

Default Re: Diet and workout help

Too much carbs for cutting. I've read that some of the effective ratios for cutting is something like 50P/20C/30F. More protein for breakfast, how abt eggs? Maybe try using the search function for "ratios". All the best.
<font color="red">____________________ [ The Beauty of Symmetry and Power ] __________________</font>

Maintenance calories = 1908-2226
BMR = 1498.98
Old 10-25-2003, 11:54 AM
Tuf should change his/her status!
Mr. Universe

[ QUOTE ]
Hi all! I lurk quite often here but have never posted. I could use some advice on my workout and diet the ultimate goal being to lose body fat. Here are my stats:
<font color="red">Hi and welcome to ABC! [img]/forum/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]</font>
34 years old
5'5
140 lbs
<font color="red">LOL [img]/forum/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] (not lol at your bf% but at your comment [img]/forum/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img])</font>
Looking to get down to 15%
<font color="red">Nice goal. [img]/forum/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]</font>

<font color="red">I would cut out the soy milk and have some whey protein or egg whites instead. You may want to consider cutting out the fruit. See the 13 Weeks to Fat Burning article in the blue nutrition tab above for more about fruit.</font>
<font color="red">Same comment about the fruit. I would add a complete protein source here. You could have whey, cottage cheese, chicken, egg whites, turkey, fish, etc. You can also exchange the bread for oats if you want to clean it up more.</font>
<font color="red">Sounds great! [img]/forum/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]</font>
<font color="red">Same comment about fruit, especially this late in the day. You are more insulin resistant at night, so you want to stick to veggies as your carb source. I would certainly not have the protein bar. It is too processed. Try having cottage cheese and a salad with oil and vinegar for dressing.</font>
5- tuna on a salad
<font color="red">Great! Can you add some EFAs?</font>
<font color="red">Your pre-bed meal is a good time to have some casein protein, EFAs, and fiber. One suggestion is cottage cheese, natural peanut butter, and leafy green vegetables.</font>
<font color="red">Your ratios add up to more than 100%. By the way, most of us write them as p/c/f (in that order). Some good ratios for cutting (losing bodyfat) are 40/30/30, 40/20/40, etc. Are your maintenance calories about 1700?</font>
My workout consists of 3 days of weight training, 3 days of cardio (45-60 mins). I usually work out at home using Cathe Friedrich tapes.
<font color="red">Check out the workout section for some great training programs! [img]/forum/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img] I would suggest the 12 Weeks to Fat Burning for you.</font>

[/ QUOTE ]
<font color="blue">We taped a lot of famous pictures on the locker-room door: Bobby Orr, Potvin, Beliveau, all holding the Stanley Cup. We'd stand back and look at them and envision ourselves doing it. I really believe if you visualize yourself doing something, you can make that image come true...I must have rehearsed it ten thousand times. And when it came true it was like an electric jolt went up my spine.</font>
-Wayne Gretzky

http://www.rhondariley.com/009/thumbs/005.jpg
"When prepping for a show, I look at my body as my grade and the training and diet as my homework. If I do my homework I will get a good grade."
-Rhonda Riley

<font color="009999">Click Here for ABC's Forum Rules</font>
<font color="purple">Click Here for ABC's Index of Bible Studies</font>
Old 10-25-2003, 11:58 AM
Tuf should change his/her status!
Mr. Universe

Check these out! [img]/forum/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

12 Week Diet Plan

12 Week Workout Program
<font color="blue">We taped a lot of famous pictures on the locker-room door: Bobby Orr, Potvin, Beliveau, all holding the Stanley Cup. We'd stand back and look at them and envision ourselves doing it. I really believe if you visualize yourself doing something, you can make that image come true...I must have rehearsed it ten thousand times. And when it came true it was like an electric jolt went up my spine.</font>
-Wayne Gretzky

http://www.rhondariley.com/009/thumbs/005.jpg
"When prepping for a show, I look at my body as my grade and the training and diet as my homework. If I do my homework I will get a good grade."
-Rhonda Riley

<font color="009999">Click Here for ABC's Forum Rules</font>
<font color="purple">Click Here for ABC's Index of Bible Studies</font>
Old 10-25-2003, 12:13 PM
Patyal68 should change his/her status!
Heavyweight

Hello [img]/forum/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] I see you signed up in January, so welcome to the boards. I'm not an expert but have been doing a cut for the last 8 weeks with good results so far. So next go my comments (in red):

[ QUOTE ]

34 years old <font color="red"> I'm 34, too!! [img]/forum/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] </font>
5'5
140 lbs

Looking to get down to 15% <font color="red">This is a very achievable goal. Depending on how long you want to cut you can actually go lower than that. </font>

<font color="red"> Are these old-fashioned oats or instant? Choose old-fashioned over instant or flavored. Get rid off the milk and fruit. You need to add protein here, egg-whites or whey protein work fine. Also you need to supplement with L-glutamine, creatine and multivitamin/multimineral. </font>

<font color="red">Get rid off the bread and fruit. Add protein and some leafy greens here. How much peanut butter you get here? I'd say try to get no more than 100 Cals from it and complement with EFA oils (that adds 50-100 Cals). </font>

<font color="red">This one looks good. Add chromium and calcium here. </font>

<font color="red">No fruit. Is this fat free cottage cheese? You need greens and EFA oils here, too. Also, the protein bars have fructose and other sugars that you don't need nor want on a cut. </font>

5- tuna on a salad
<font color="red"> Good. Add EFA oils </font>

<font color="red"> I assume this is your pre-bed meal. Well, get rid off the milk (specially chocolate flavor). Some people have whey shake at night, some don't. I personally prefer ff cottage-cheese, others opt for grilled chicken. The thing is that you need a form of protein that is slower to absorb while you sleep. The shake will be digested in a couple of hours.
Also, add leafy greens and EFA oils here. </font>

<font color="red">Your carbs are way too high and your Protein too low, switch that. What is your maintanance calorie rate? You might want to read this article to find out. When you replace the fruit for greens and get rid off the milk, your ratios are going to change for sure. I'd suggest to start with 1800-1900 Cals per week and reduce 100 Cals every week and don't go lower than 1600-1700 Cals. </font>

<font color="red">I'm not familiar with those videos. However, I think you should increase your lifting to 4-5 days a week and do cardio no more than twice per week for no more than 20-25 minutes. Switch to HIIT cardio, which is better to burn fat. </font>

[/ QUOTE ]
<font color="red">How about posting a revised diet and posting your split?
Also check some of the journals in the Online Training and HYPERplasia Challenge sections for more ideas on the diet and on the split. There's a link to mine in my signature. Good luck [img]/forum/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img] </font>
Closed Thread