Hey Libby2....to answer your questions.... - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Iron, Metal, & Steel!! > Female Specific Athletic Forum

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 10-08-2003, 11:19 PM
Elle should change his/her status!
Light-Heavyweight

Default Hey Libby2....to answer your questions....

[ QUOTE ]

Hey Elle, was just wondering why you would stop the whey and glutamine??? Does this mean that you'll need to be cooking alot more? Are you taking the soy in place of the whey? If so aren't you concerned about the phyto estrogens hampering your gains, and LBM? Just a curiousity... [img]/forum/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Whey was turning my stomach and in combo with the glutamine....well, I was looking like quite the whale! When I hit 160lbs this summer, I was never so depressed in all my life. Even when I was watching my diet very closely....the fat would not come off. I was also feeling quite thick. I don't remember if I sent you my pics or not....but since I've stopped taking them my definition has increased, my weight gone down and without loss of LBM! [img]/forum/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

So, I'm going through egg whites like crazy (that's my replacement!). I use only about 1/2 cup of soy milk a day with breakfast. I don't think that is enough to hamper my gains.

Also, since I had upped my protein my PMS symptoms had gone absolutely nuts! [img]/forum/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] For the last 2 weeks, I have actually just focused on eating clean and healthy. I am allowed fruit now....what a difference! This is working for me. I think everyone really needs to learn to listen to your body and mine was not happy on those supps.

I can't wait to take my next set of pics! You guys (upon request as usual) will see a huge difference. The regulars and trainers at the gym have noticed and I'm getting a lot of positive feedback!

Elle is having a great week! [img]/forum/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

This is what I eat in a typical day:
Meal 1
Oatmeal
1 small apple
1 tbsp walnuts
1/2 cup soy milk
Meal 2 PWO
Egg whites cooked with 2 tsp sesame oil
Meal 3
1 can tuna
1 cup butternut squash soup (made by me! YUM!)
Meal 4
chicken breast
lots of mixed greens salad
1tbsp vinegar 2 tsp oil...with garlic and herbs
Meal 5
Cottage cheese
green pepper

I'll stick another meal in there if I'm hungry....usually a fruit and peanut butter.

I know some people are thinking "what the heck is she doing?"....but you know what? I haven't felt so good mentally and physically in a very long time!
Old 10-08-2003, 11:31 PM
a-folov should change his/her status!
National Champion

Default Re: Hey Libby2....to answer your questions....

Seasame oil post-workout, Elle?
Old 10-08-2003, 11:35 PM
Elle should change his/her status!
Light-Heavyweight

[ QUOTE ]
Seasame oil post-workout, Elle?

[/ QUOTE ]

I know, I know.... [img]/forum/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 10-08-2003, 11:40 PM
mama2Six should change his/her status!
Middleweight

If its working for you and you feel good on it - yippee!! What works for me (when I follow it!) would be odd by most standards!
Amy
1 Corinthians 9:24-27 Remember that in a race everyone runs, but
only one person gets the prize. You also must run in such a way that you
will win. [25] All athletes practice strict self-control. They do it to win a
prize that will fade away, but we do it for an eternal prize. [26] So I run
straight to the goal with purpose in every step. I am not like a boxer who
misses his punches. [27] I discipline my body like an athlete, training it to
do what it should. Otherwise, I fear that after preaching to others I myself
might be disqualified.

Old 10-09-2003, 02:24 AM
kiwi girl 1 should change his/her status!
Light-Heavyweight

Sounds yummy !

FYI - at 6 weeks from my BB competition, I cut protein powder and replaced with egg whites (plus chicken and white fish).

This combo has also reduced bloat around my waist as well, and leaned me out.

On a regular basis I really like whey, and I know it helps my muscle gains - but sometimes reducing it, especially on a cut - can be helpful to some people.

Old 10-09-2003, 10:13 AM
Libby2 should change his/her status!
Lightweight

Wow....that sounds soo good!! Your diet is looking very good too! It is truly amazing how unique we really are eh?
This is the aspect of our sport that I really am fascinated by, diet and macros because it really isn't a 'one size fits all' world.

I experienced similar changes in my physique, once I experimented with macros as well....I still do the whey (it's just so time efficient for me), but I had cut my starchy carbs down to next to nothing...and kept my fibrous green ones, and some legumes of sorts, and fruit...wasn't doing anything for me...felt thick, looked thick, and pms was bizarre too.....One of my training buds, suggested trying to implement more starchy carbs...like sweet potatoes, brown rice, etc...and see what happens....my mood balanced out and the fat started to melt off, but the muscle isn't....I'm just one of these gals who need the starchy carbs for balance...it works for me.

Thanks for responding, I kind of figured it was something of an individual thing for the way your bod reacts...but isn't it great to find the combination to your metabolism?? And yes you did send me the pics and am curious to see how the progress is going.....it's inspiring to follow the driven [img]/forum/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 10-09-2003, 12:28 PM
Workout2001 should change his/her status!
Middleweight

Elle, I for example was faithfully eating cottage cheese, and peanut butter before bed. I would go to bed and could not sleep, I felt like I hadn't slept in a month. I have quit the cottage cheese and am drinking whey and flax seed and sleeping great again. Not sure but sure seems like it was the cottage cheese. Eventually I will try the cottage cheese again but, it I lose sleep than I will know for sure. Very weird if you ask me!

Workout2001
Closed Thread