Monday morning quarterback (or pitcher as the case may be) - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Iron, Metal, & Steel!! > Female Specific Athletic Forum

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 10-06-2003, 11:32 AM
nozzle should change his/her status!
National Champion

Default Monday morning quarterback (or pitcher as the case may be)

We haven't had a "come clean" post in a while. So, tell me, how'd you do this weekend?

<font color="red">Diet?</font>

<font color="green">Exercise?</font>

<font color="blue">Rest?</font>

Me...well, diet was pretty good considering it was my mom's 50th birthday. I made her a German chocolate cake (her favorite) and didn't eat a single crumb! [img]/forum/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] We went to an Italian restaurant for her b-day dinner and I got grilled chicken and veggies. I did have a few bites of pasta and pinch of bread, though. [img]/forum/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] Sunday night I had chili...which was good, but I added Fritos, cheese and sour cream to it...which was bad (but yummy!). [img]/forum/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] Overall, I made good choices; I just didn't eat often enough.

Saturdays and Sundays are my rest days, so I didn't exercise.

Rest...what rest??!! I had to sleep on the couch as several family members came to visit for the big 5-0 b-day. Sleeping on the couch isn't a big deal, but it is when your grandpa is in the room above you and walks around like he weighs 500 lbs and gets up in the middle of the night to go to the kitchen and turns every light on, including the living room where you are sleeping. Ugh. No nappy time either!! [img]/forum/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

Could've been a better weekend for me. But, considering the occasion and the travel, I'm not too disappointed in myself.

Alright, let's hear it...'fess up!
Old 10-07-2003, 04:50 AM
Venom is training, researching, or talking on ABC
Vice President Abcbodybuilding.com

Default Re: Monday morning quarterback (or pitcher as the case may be)

Good job Nozzle!

Everything is going great for me. Except rest. I need more sleep. [img]/forum/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]
Co-Editor. of JHR

Venom@abcbodybuilding.com
Bible Studies
Click Here to Support the Future of Bodybuilding!

Matthew 7:20
And Jesus said unto them, Because of your unbelief: for verily I say unto you, If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you.
Old 10-07-2003, 05:08 AM
Tuf should change his/her status!
Mr. Universe

Yes good job Nozzle! Making a cake and not having one bite? Good for you! [img]/forum/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Things are all going well for me. Like Venom, I could use more rest though. I usually get 8 hours, but I know my body, and I believe I would benefit from getting more.
<font color="blue">We taped a lot of famous pictures on the locker-room door: Bobby Orr, Potvin, Beliveau, all holding the Stanley Cup. We'd stand back and look at them and envision ourselves doing it. I really believe if you visualize yourself doing something, you can make that image come true...I must have rehearsed it ten thousand times. And when it came true it was like an electric jolt went up my spine.</font>
-Wayne Gretzky

http://www.rhondariley.com/009/thumbs/005.jpg
"When prepping for a show, I look at my body as my grade and the training and diet as my homework. If I do my homework I will get a good grade."
-Rhonda Riley

<font color="009999">Click Here for ABC's Forum Rules</font>
<font color="purple">Click Here for ABC's Index of Bible Studies</font>
Old 10-07-2003, 07:36 AM
LeslieD should change his/her status!
Rookie

things have been going ok for me. i let myself have a cheat meal on saturday night, but during the day i screwed up and had gummi bears ( i just got my braces off and i had to celebrate [img]/forum/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]) sunday was back to clean eating again and i hit the weights yesterday. i think the extra carbs gave me a little boost on monday. i was able to use the 50 lb DB's to do shrugs!!!! [img]/forum/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img] and i definitely got enough rest. i let myself sleep in a little later than usual during the weekend. i'm feeling pretty good today
Old 10-07-2003, 12:31 PM
Libby2 should change his/her status!
Lightweight

Everything is just going just fine....I had one cheat on Saturday and that was a DQ chocolate utopia thingy...it was good, but I feel I could have spent my cheat more wisely...oh well, other than that everyhthing is smooth!
Old 10-07-2003, 03:07 PM
Elle should change his/her status!
Light-Heavyweight

Everything is great!

Changed up the diet a bit! No more whey, no more glutamine. Protein from whole foods only. Cut down on red meat. Eating more fish and veggies. Added soy into my diet. Hopefully this will help during PMS! [img]/forum/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

My workouts are insane! I am proud to say that my split and workouts are my own creation (well, I was inspired!) for the first time....things could not be better!

I am finally sleeping better... [img]/forum/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 10-07-2003, 03:12 PM
Workout2001 should change his/her status!
Middleweight

Not so good here. I have a horrific cold/flu, that has settled into my chest, causing me to cough till I almost throw up or pee my pants. My entire family has been hit with this, or town. I have not worked out since last Wednesday. Still trying to finish painting my basement, where my gym is. I am going to try to post pictures of my gym when completed. Diet is pretty good, eating clean, just not on my regular schedule. Did have chicken soup on the weekend though. So yah, poor me!

Workout2001
Old 10-07-2003, 04:02 PM
nozzle should change his/her status!
National Champion

Feel better soon Workout2001! Takes lots and lots of Vitamin C!!
Old 10-07-2003, 08:51 PM
Libby2 should change his/her status!
Lightweight

[ QUOTE ]
Everything is great!

Changed up the diet a bit! No more whey, no more glutamine. Protein from whole foods only. Cut down on red meat. Eating more fish and veggies. Added soy into my diet. Hopefully this will help during PMS! [img]/forum/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Hey Elle, was just wondering why you would stop the whey and glutamine??? Does this mean that you'll need to be cooking alot more? Are you taking the soy in place of the whey? If so aren't you concerned about the phyto estrogens hampering your gains, and LBM? Just a curiousity... [img]/forum/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]
Old 10-08-2003, 03:29 PM
Workout2001 should change his/her status!
Middleweight

[ QUOTE ]
Feel better soon Workout2001! Takes lots and lots of Vitamin C!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks Nozzle, I actually worked out today and it felt great!

Workout2001
Closed Thread