This weighing scale fat measuring machine - Page 2 - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Iron, Metal, & Steel!! > Female Specific Athletic Forum

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 10-06-2003, 11:35 AM
sage63 should change his/her status!
Light-Heavyweight

Default Re: Makes a good plant stand

[ QUOTE ]
I just went there and plugged in all my measurements etc...and it says that I am 26.99%b.f....I'm actually about 15% with the callipered method.....need to get re-tested soon, but that was last measure...

[/ QUOTE ]

Okay - The same thing happened to me! I measured about 26% BF. Why would the tape measurements lie? I don't get it. I'm about 15% BF also. I thought I may just use it to keep track of measurement progress and I'm using Fitday.com to keep track of my nutrition breakdown and maybe I will be able to track lean body increases and bodyfat decreases.....that is my GOAL anyway!! LOL....I'm so frustrated right now. My Tanita BF scale is doing what Amy said....teling me that my weight is going up and my BF is going up and I'm working out harder than ever and training for a marathon also. I'm about to pull my hair out trying to figure out what to do to keep lean mass and lose BF and gain muscle definition AND meet my marathon goal.....this is NOT easy and I'm getting frustrated. [img]/forum/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
[img]/forum/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 10-06-2003, 12:18 PM
Patyal68 should change his/her status!
Heavyweight

Hey Sage, don't get frustrated. I tried that site before and never went down from 27% [img]/forum/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] No matter what, not even today [img]/forum/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] The method they use is not accurate. Just think of the fact that a bodybuilder's muscles add more size to arms, or calves, etc. Also a bodybuilder might weight more than a skinny person with more bf%. The site just take some "size", "weight" and "height" reference to make the calculation. I like their calorie counter section, though. They have all kind of combinations of foods.
Old 10-06-2003, 05:13 PM
soccerchick should change his/her status!
Olympia Contender

[ QUOTE ]
There is a website called http://www.mybodycomp.com that will give you a free bodyfat analysis based on your measurements using a tape measure. Has anyone tried this and is it accurate? It is free to sign up and use.

[/ QUOTE ]

34.99% [img]/forum/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]

not accurate in the least!
Old 10-06-2003, 05:21 PM
sage63 should change his/her status!
Light-Heavyweight

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
There is a website called http://www.mybodycomp.com that will give you a free bodyfat analysis based on your measurements using a tape measure. Has anyone tried this and is it accurate? It is free to sign up and use.

[/ QUOTE ]

34.99% [img]/forum/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]

not accurate in the least!

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/forum/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] LOL! [img]/forum/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] Glad to know it!! I was really mad when I got my results too! Guess I'm gonna have to invest in some calipers so I can get this settled once and for all!! [img]/forum/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 10-06-2003, 11:16 PM
teletummy should change his/her status!
Middleweight

Thanks for the great input, everyone! Now I'm just so disgusted people go around selling phony stuff! And try to make money from it!
<font color="red">____________________ [ The Beauty of Symmetry and Power ] __________________</font>

Maintenance calories = 1908-2226
BMR = 1498.98
Old 10-07-2003, 01:52 PM
**DONOTDELETE**
**DONOTDELETE** should change his/her status! Edit

Default Post deleted by .

Old 10-08-2003, 01:41 AM
barny should change his/her status!
Rookie

I really found Yu Yevons article helpful [img]/forum/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Old 10-08-2003, 10:00 AM
teletummy should change his/her status!
Middleweight

Hey great Yu! Thanks for directing! [img]/forum/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Erm, I just looked at the article but couldn't find anything on BIA tho. Maybe I'm missing something?
<font color="red">____________________ [ The Beauty of Symmetry and Power ] __________________</font>

Maintenance calories = 1908-2226
BMR = 1498.98
Closed Thread