Women's Fitness mags...AGAIN! - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Iron, Metal, & Steel!! > Female Specific Athletic Forum

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 10-01-2003, 02:04 PM
ALD4168 should change his/her status!
Rookie

Default Women\'s Fitness mags...AGAIN!

I got my issue of M&F hers the other day and they've really changed the design. Now it looks more up to date, but a lot of what was inside seemed a little "fluffy." What really ticked me off was a picture in a short piece about meal replacements and how they can help control weight when on the go or whatever...And they didn't even bother to show a decent meal replacement shake...They showed some woman slipping what was obviously a Slim Fast shake into their bag. That thoroughly disgusted me. Slim Fast is basically sugar in a can, why oh why are they giving women such horrible information?!
Old 10-01-2003, 05:13 PM
sage63 should change his/her status!
Light-Heavyweight

Default Re: Women\'s Fitness mags...AGAIN!

I agree. It was very thin also! I was very disappointed when I picked it up on the newstand and bought Oxygen instead. It wasn't much better this month - unfortunately. So sad that women are not given the great info that the guys are....if I see another workout using only resistance bands....... [img]/forum/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]
Old 10-01-2003, 07:48 PM
Amazonia should change his/her status!

Most fitness magazines are owned by or are sponsored by supplement companies. They are really nothing more than advertisements passing themselves off as magazines. Go back and take a look at that magazine again, and you will see what I mean.
Furthermore, some of those fitness magazines are owned by the same companies.
Don't take them too seriously.
Old 10-01-2003, 08:09 PM
Cristy should change his/her status!
Lightweight

[ QUOTE ]
if I see another workout using only resistance bands....... [img]/forum/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Haa!! I know what you mean. It's sad and ridiculous. I am so much happier and have lost inches from my body just from lifting heavy as hell!! [img]/forum/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] I love it and will never change my style.

Old 10-01-2003, 11:11 PM
ShouldBeABoxer should change his/her status!
Lightweight

[ QUOTE ]
why oh why are they giving women such horrible information?!

[/ QUOTE ]

Because that way when they balloon up again they can sell the next new product, and the next and so on.
It's all part of marketing. They don't want to you get wieght off and keep it off. They want you to loose it, gain it back, and try the new product because it works so good. It's a multi billion dollar industry for a reason.

But I wouldn't say guys are always given the greatest info either. There's alot of crap out there. If you are skinny and take weight gainers and use the bowflex you'll look like these 250lb bodybuilders and get these bikini models falling all over you!
Basically because 90% of the people out there are lazy or don't have the patience to learn and train properly.

Good thing we all read this site and train hard. [img]/forum/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Weight: 199 pounds Goal (220 9%bf)
Height: 5'10"
Body fat: 14-15% Based on educated persons guess?
Arms-15-1/4"............Forearm- 12-1/4"
Waist- 37-3/4".............Chest-46"
Legs- 23-3/4".............Calves- 14-1/2"
http://ca.f2.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/...Photos&.view=t

GOALS

1)Quit Drinking Beer
2)Get proper routine going (Sleep,eating, etc)
3)Learn and Improve
4)Not be a noodle Keg

Bench Press Max: 185x5 (Oct.2-185x6)(Goal 315x10) Chicks do more [img]/forum/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] I plan on Raising it by 50lbs in a month.
BarbellShrugs: 405x12 2 sets
Squat Max: 315x6 (Goal 405x10)
Deadlift Max: 195x10 (Oct.3 225x6)(Goal 315x10) lower back still getting used to this one.
Old 10-02-2003, 01:28 PM
flyskygirl should change his/her status!
Middleweight

Id have to agree too ...major fluff!. I subscribe to both M&F hers and Oxygen. This months wasn't all that fantastic! I think the gal on the cover has a nice "figure"physic. But yet, like others have said here, it's full of ads. I hate that! [img]/forum/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

I wish they would have a mag that has 1/4 the ads,more quality info on free weight training and showed more muscle!...but yet still kept that femine look vs models in ads that are bordering untoned. I feel like M&F is right up there now with shape,fit and fitness mag.

~Sky

37 years old
5'9"
145lbs
16% BF
Goal: 155 lbs of pure muscle! ..in the next 3 years
Possibly enter into a amature fiqure competiton by age 40!

My Profile
http://bodyspace.bodybuilding.com/flyskygirl/

GO BUCKS! O - H -I -O

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b3...a/65a2b10b.gif
Old 10-02-2003, 02:34 PM
danielle101 should change his/her status!
Rookie

Does anyone buy Fitness RX? Just wondering if it is any better?
Old 10-02-2003, 02:52 PM
Cristy should change his/her status!
Lightweight

Actually, I've read that a couple of times. Some info is good and it does have alot more information than ads, but sometimes it's repetitive. They'll state the same fact, but just put it in a different section. So, to be honest I'll read it because anything pertaining to diet and exercise motivates me. The girl's on the cover are definately not muscular and I actually feel buff when looking at them. The good thing is they show pictures of the exercises so it helps the beginners, but I still think they are just like the others..... some good/some bad.