Feelin pretty darn good! - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Iron, Metal, & Steel!! > Female Specific Athletic Forum

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 10-02-2003, 10:00 AM
ALD4168 should change his/her status!
Rookie

Default Feelin pretty darn good!

I must say I impressed myself at the gym yesterday. Something got into me yesterday and I decided that I had to add weight on all my lifts. I've been waiting FOREVER to be able to pick up the 30 lb dumbells and do something besides pullovers with them. Yesterday was that day I finally managed to do my chest presses with them! And finally I was able to do shoulder presses with 25s and bicep curls with 20s. I really thought I was going to hate doing an entire upper body workout on one day, but I have made some pretty good gains doing Body For Life for the last 4 weeks. Just had to share! I'm so excited!
Old 10-02-2003, 10:05 AM
soccerchick should change his/her status!
Olympia Contender

Default Re: Feelin pretty darn good!

good job [img]/forum/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-02-2003, 10:07 AM
sage63 should change his/her status!
Light-Heavyweight

Awesome! I did chest presses with 25s last time and almost dropped one on my face!! [img]/forum/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img] It landed on my chest with a nice soft thud. Fortunately I didn't get hurt!

I do bicep curls w/ 20s but my shoulders must still be really weak....only using 15s for Arnold Presses and even then it makes my elbow sore. [img]/forum/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] I'm having a hard time making gains there.

Good job on the strength gains!!!
[img]/forum/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Old 10-02-2003, 10:49 AM
schless should change his/her status!
Super-Heavyweight

Good for you! Congrats! And I know what you mean about the 30s for chest press. I'm usually trying to get those up on my 3rd or 4th set, and by then I'm starting to get tired and have a hard time just getting them up. I never mastered the "put them on your knees and roll back" technique, so I don't get to use them very often. Usually just when I have a spotter. But I was able to get them up alone earlier in the week and crank out about 7 reps. Felt great! So I'm right there with 'ya on those babies! [img]/forum/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Good job!
Old 10-02-2003, 10:55 AM
teletummy should change his/her status!
Middleweight

R u feelin those DOMS yet? [img]/forum/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
<font color="red">____________________ [ The Beauty of Symmetry and Power ] __________________</font>

Maintenance calories = 1908-2226
BMR = 1498.98
Old 10-02-2003, 11:23 AM
Tuf should change his/her status!
Mr. Universe

Nice work! [img]/forum/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
<font color="blue">We taped a lot of famous pictures on the locker-room door: Bobby Orr, Potvin, Beliveau, all holding the Stanley Cup. We'd stand back and look at them and envision ourselves doing it. I really believe if you visualize yourself doing something, you can make that image come true...I must have rehearsed it ten thousand times. And when it came true it was like an electric jolt went up my spine.</font>
-Wayne Gretzky

http://www.rhondariley.com/009/thumbs/005.jpg
"When prepping for a show, I look at my body as my grade and the training and diet as my homework. If I do my homework I will get a good grade."
-Rhonda Riley

<font color="009999">Click Here for ABC's Forum Rules</font>
<font color="purple">Click Here for ABC's Index of Bible Studies</font>
Old 10-02-2003, 12:51 PM
nozzle should change his/her status!
National Champion

Woo!!! That's so awesome. I'm still stuck at 10 lbs on my curls. [img]/forum/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] And I won't even start on my shoulder woes.

Good for you! Keep it up!!
Old 10-02-2003, 01:35 PM
ALD4168 should change his/her status!
Rookie

THE DOMS BEGINS!!! Just a little sore right now, but I'm sure I won't be able to lift my arms by tomorrow morning. It'll make my job a little harder, but it's better than feeling comfy because I did an easy workout.
Old 10-02-2003, 02:43 PM
BarBelle should change his/her status!

Wow! That's great news ... it's a nice feeling to be able to use new, *bigger* DB. [img]/forum/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-02-2003, 02:51 PM
Patyal68 should change his/her status!
Heavyweight

ALD4168,
Congrats!!! I know what you mean by "impressed yourself". It feels good, huh [img]/forum/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] I remember the day I could do it I was smiling during all the set and when I was done I was just looking around wanting to tell everyone: Hey, did you see what I just did?? Oh well... I kept it for myself. Keep the good work and post a new thread when you switch to the 40's
Closed Thread