Silly question abt transport of protein at night - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Iron, Metal, & Steel!! > Female Specific Athletic Forum

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 09-29-2003, 09:18 PM
teletummy should change his/her status!
Middleweight

Default Silly question abt transport of protein at night

OK, I'm no technical guru on things like that but was just wondering where that protein goes to in my body when I sleep. Let's say I had a good lats day and my lats are sore as hell and I take protein powder before bedtime and go to sleep. Does that protein powder just get absorbed into every body part equally? Or does it tend to get absorbed to the DOMS affected area more intensively so that I grow, grow and grow?
<font color="red">____________________ [ The Beauty of Symmetry and Power ] __________________</font>

Maintenance calories = 1908-2226
BMR = 1498.98
Old 09-29-2003, 09:37 PM
renob should change his/her status!
Super-Heavyweight

Default Re: Silly question abt transport of protein at night

first, you have to realize that DOMS does not mean muscle growth. but it does mean the you tore down the muscle. heres what the pres had to say about DOMS:

[ QUOTE ]

would say that DOMS is a combination of things. The two main suspects are microtrauma, meaning damage to muscle tissue, and the connective tissue.

The DOMS will partly increase due to inflamation. What occurs is this. You have cells in muscles, and connective tissue which are sensitive to damage. When damage occurs, they secrete chemicle messengers called paracrines. These cause local blood vessels to dialate, or in other terms to expand.

With a wider blood vessels more blood is able to flow to the area, and this extra blood causes much of the inflamation which effects nerve endings signaling pain.

So it is a combination of microtrauma, and the inflamation which increases 24-48 hours after microtrauma.

As for the fascia, I would say that

1. Yes muscle growth does push against it, and could cause damage.

2. Most likely it is damaged during training and inflamation increases there as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

what happens with the protein in your body at night though, is your body will use it for whatever it needs to. it might be equally distrubuted and it might not be depending on what it needs it for. the body and mind are extremly smart, and efficient at what it needs and gets, and how it uses protein, carbs, fats, vitamins, and minerals
Old 09-29-2003, 10:58 PM
Fireproof should change his/her status!
Super-Heavyweight

It is fun to picture our post workout meals just getting directly transported to the muscles we just broke down. When lying in bed, aching of DOMS, I can almost hear a big slurping sound as my muscles are sucking in all the protein they can to repair themselves. [img]/forum/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] Okay, so it doesn't really happen that way, but it makes me feel good picturing it!
Old 09-30-2003, 07:20 AM
Tuf should change his/her status!
Mr. Universe

[ QUOTE ]
Silly question abt transport of protein at night

[/ QUOTE ]
Teletummy, I think you have awesome questions! [img]/forum/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img] Your enthusiasm for BB shines through in your posts and your questions--I love it! [img]/forum/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
<font color="blue">We taped a lot of famous pictures on the locker-room door: Bobby Orr, Potvin, Beliveau, all holding the Stanley Cup. We'd stand back and look at them and envision ourselves doing it. I really believe if you visualize yourself doing something, you can make that image come true...I must have rehearsed it ten thousand times. And when it came true it was like an electric jolt went up my spine.</font>
-Wayne Gretzky

http://www.rhondariley.com/009/thumbs/005.jpg
"When prepping for a show, I look at my body as my grade and the training and diet as my homework. If I do my homework I will get a good grade."
-Rhonda Riley

<font color="009999">Click Here for ABC's Forum Rules</font>
<font color="purple">Click Here for ABC's Index of Bible Studies</font>
Old 09-30-2003, 09:21 AM
Middleweight

Yeah, renob. I read that DOMS may not mean growth. I tend to use the term synonymously with that body part that I worked to "death". [img]/forum/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] with or without DOMS but preferably with DOMS. I'm a DOMS addict. [img]/forum/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Fireproof! You just gave me something to dream about!!! What a vision!!! [img]/forum/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

tuf, [img]/forum/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] *blushes* [img]/forum/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] thanks for the encouragement. I'm glad you enjoyed my posts. [img]/forum/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
<font color="red">____________________ [ The Beauty of Symmetry and Power ] __________________</font>

BMR = 1498.98
Old 09-30-2003, 11:29 AM
GetPsycho should change his/her status!
Olympia Contender

i will * try * to answer your question to the best of my limited ability [img]/forum/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

when you drink the whey it is digested and broken down, from this process amino acids will enter the blood stream. the blood stream is essentially what is "feeding" the muscle cells. i do not know if the trauma inflicted from lifting weights causes one particular muscle group to take in more of the nutrients in the blood stream or not.

this is an extremely simplified version of a long process that i am not at all knowledgeable about

anyone feel free to correct me
Old 09-30-2003, 01:29 PM
should change his/her status! Edit

To the best of my knowledge (and highly simplified), the protein you eat is broken down into its smaller constituent "building blocks" (amino acids) which are transported through the gut wall and into the bloodstream. These amino acids will be "sucked" out of the blood wherever they are needed. So if they are needed to repair damaged muscle fibres (from that killer lat workout) they will go there, but they will be used all over the body for all purposes. Don't forget tat your gut lining and your skin and other actively regenerating tissues are replacing themselves all the time so have a great requirement for nutrients. Amino acids are also needed to build all celuular proteins- structural proteins (yes, including the components of muscle fibres!), enzymes that perform all your metabolic processes (including fatburning!) etc etc

Anyway, I'll stop the biology lesson now.
Old 09-30-2003, 01:48 PM
GetPsycho should change his/her status!
Olympia Contender

[ QUOTE ]
To the best of my knowledge (and highly simplified), the protein you eat is broken down into its smaller constituent "building blocks" (amino acids) which are transported through the gut wall and into the bloodstream. These amino acids will be "sucked" out of the blood wherever they are needed. So if they are needed to repair damaged muscle fibres (from that killer lat workout) they will go there, but they will be used all over the body for all purposes. Don't forget tat your gut lining and your skin and other actively regenerating tissues are replacing themselves all the time so have a great requirement for nutrients. Amino acids are also needed to build all celuular proteins- structural proteins (yes, including the components of muscle fibres!), enzymes that perform all your metabolic processes (including fatburning!) etc etc

Anyway, I'll stop the biology lesson now.

[/ QUOTE ]

thats a lot better than my explanation
Old 10-01-2003, 11:00 AM
Middleweight

lol gp! You're such a smashin girl, one of a kind! [img]/forum/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

That was very insightful, GymKitten. hmm, I didn know the gut lining has to regenerate tissues!

BMR = 1498.98
Closed Thread