Yay me! I'm really truckin' now! - Page 3 - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Iron, Metal, & Steel!! > Female Specific Athletic Forum

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 07-04-2003, 02:50 AM
G.I. Jami should change his/her status!
Bantamweight

Default Re: Yay me! I\'m really truckin\' now!

[ QUOTE ]
enderwigginout said:
Hey, thanx guys!

GIJami, how long is a "long" day? I'm on a five day split (and so far only one day of cardio on my cardio day) so I'm not sure when I'd be able to work that in...

[/ QUOTE ]

I normally run 2 miles, so on a "long" day I would run 3 miles. Hope this is helpful. [img]/forum/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

<font color="purple"> Before pregnancy....
08/05/03: ht. 62.5in.......wt. 123.......BF 18.4%

39 wks pregnant
09/03/04: ht. 62.5in.......wt. 178.......BF MOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

34 wks post-partum
4/29/05: ht. 62.5in.......wt. 135.......BF 36% (still MOO)

13 months post-partum
10/2/05: ht. 62.5in.......wt. 125.......BF 32% (sigh)
</font>
Old 07-05-2003, 11:02 PM
enderwigginout should change his/her status!
Heavyweight

Ahhhhh... [img]/forum/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I'm running about 2 miles as well. I didn't know if you meant 4 or 5 miles or something even longer! [img]/forum/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Thanks guys for all the support! I feel so much faster (but slower in an odd way like THIS is nine minutes???, but this is so slow [img]/forum/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] ).

I've increased my warm-up from 4 min at 8:57 on Leg Day (Thursday) to a full 5 min today and it wasn't that bad. I may increase it just a touch more just for grins. Maybe to seven minutes or something. It tends to make me lift better when I do a nice quick run before I do weights. I just don't want to push it too much and loose steam in the gym.

If only my darn bench press would improve like my running. Ack!
Old 07-07-2003, 06:00 PM
Heavyweight

Woo-hoo, I did 9:31 again and it wasn't nearly as hard this week. I'm considering going faster next time (I think the next level is 9:20), but I'm not sure. I don't want to go up too early, but I think I'll be able to handle it just fine, especially since it wasn't that bad today and I'll have another few days of short 8:57 paced runs as warmups for lifting. I don't want it to be "too easy" because I feel disappointed that I didn't push myself enough.

I'll let you guys know. [img]/forum/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[img]/forum/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img] I'm so excited! I really may make my goals this summer!!! [img]/forum/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]
Old 07-07-2003, 07:04 PM
President Wilson is hard at work
Administrator

Thats fantastic Ender! Another cool trick is to break the run up into sections. For example, break it up into halves and run at your ultimate goal for that half, then rest and repeat. The combined time will add up to your goal.

You can go even further, and break it up into 4 sections and really go at extreme intensities for each. There are several variations. For example, using the mile as a base

A half mile
One fourth of a mile
One 8th of a mile
two one sixteenths of a mile

The shorter durations allow for higher intensities. Its definately an excellent method for a switch, and works well in increasing the mile time. Either way, great job!

About me --> http://www.abcbodybuilding.com/presidentprofile.html
Old 07-07-2003, 07:32 PM
Heavyweight

Hey now that's an idea!

I hadn't even thought of that!

Hrmmm...since next week I thought about maybe doing another 9:30 anyway I could experiment with this and not get "behind". I am already able to do five minutes of 8:57 without too much of a problem (its the sixth minute that would kill me [img]/forum/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] ). Maybe I could play with 4 sections: one at 8:57, a second at 9:30, a third at 8:57 (if possible--maybe 9:10 if I'm winded), and a fourth at however fast I feel like I can go. Then between them I could do a minute of brisk walking (and rehydrate--something that I'm not able to do easily in a 20 minute run and makes me uncomfortable). Cutting them into five minute sections doesn't seem so bad. I tend to get bored after five minutes so this might be more fun. [img]/forum/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

It would only really mean doing the same sort of warm-up I do before lifting, followed by a run I can do for 20 minutes anyway, followed by another warm-up session, followed by maybe 9:20, the pace I'd like to do the next week...that doesn't seem bad at all and would be A LOT faster than I've been going... [img]/forum/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]

Hrmmmmm....this is a cool idea!!! And my next cardio day is on Saturday so there should be no wait on the treadmills so I can take extra time for the between the sections and walk and not hold anyone elses workouts up... [img]/forum/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

THANX BUNCHES, Prez! This is a neat idea!!!
Old 07-07-2003, 09:48 PM
President Wilson is hard at work
Administrator

That is perfect Ender, great setup as well, I like it!

About me --> http://www.abcbodybuilding.com/presidentprofile.html
Closed Thread